Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Disney Escape Wedding, Is it affordable and realistic?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Yensid33 Offline
Maria

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: June 04, 2008, 4:30 pm Quote

My fiancee and I have decided that we cannot afford a formal, lavish sit down ceremony and reception here in Massachusetts (as much as we'd both love one). He is set on getting married at a courthouse or whatever, then going on a trip and having whoever wants to join us feel free and they can celebrate our wedding with us that way. I think I'd like to take it one step further. Since I love WDW--I've gone there every yr since 2000, I think it would be nice to have an intimate gathering with just a few family members and/or friends at WDW
So I went to the website to do some research, and I think the Escape package is wonderful. It's small, intimate but VERY special. How many people can say they've been married at WDW and how many people can say they've attended the wedding there? So, in effect, we get the modest wedding I want, the trip he wants and our friends and family there as well!
My question is: Is the Escape package truly worth it? I mean, it's a fraction of what we'd pay for JUST a reception up here. But does anyone feel you are shortchanged at all?
Has anyone gotten married with the Escape package? What are your thoughts? Was it lacking? Did you need to add on extras? And if so, what did you add on and if you don't mind can you give me an estimate of the grand total?
I really appreciate all this. I would LOVE to get married at WDW and get a trip there to boot since I always go anyway. Plus my fiancee has never been so I think that would make it even more special.
I just want something a little better than a trip to the courthouse and hopping a plane to Vegas with a bunch of rowdy partiers. I think this is a little more meaningful.
Thoughts, guys?

--------------
Maria
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 04, 2008, 5:44 pm Quote

Maria, first of all, congratulations to the two of you! While I've never been to a Disney wedding of any kind so I can't really answer your question, I do like the sound of your plans. Good thinking!

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Yensid33 Offline
Maria

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 04, 2008, 5:51 pm Quote

Thanks so very much and for your good wishes. I just thought since, sadly, due to money restraints, I have to compromise a lot of things that are traditional and lavish it would be nice to have a memorable Disney wedding. I've always dreamed of having one, and even if it has to be on a MUCH smaller scale than a regular wedding and with literally only a few close friends or family, I would be all for it. After all, isn't WDW all about making dreams come true?? That way at least I can have some concrete memories of our special day instead of saying "I do" in an office!

--------------
Maria
Profile PM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: June 04, 2008, 9:45 pm Quote

Maria - you lucky woman you!  I'm so jealous!

Unfortunately I didn't get married in WDW but there are a few on this board that have.  Hopefully they can give you advice.

Good luck!
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 05, 2008, 11:09 am Quote

Elsewhere in this Forum there are postings from some members who have in fact married at WDW over the years.  Whether they used the particular travel plan you mentioned, I don't know.  People come and go from the site.  You might want to privately message some who've posted in this Forum about having been married at WDW, using Mouseke-Messenger...  But look at each of their Profiles.  If it shows in their Profile they seem to be actively logging on currently, good bet is that they will receive your message and offer some ideas if they can.  But if it seems months, or years, since they've logged on, then don't bother.  The nature of the Internet is that people come and go all the time.

We do have an active travel agent who is both a member and advertiser.  Click on her link at the top of this page, and feel free to contact her.  She can at least look into details for you and give you some answers.

And even if you chose not to do that, but wanted to work directly with Disney about your wedding and wedding travel plans, I'm sure that Disney's services with wedding planning plus travel planning for that will be solid, reputable, a positive consumer experience.  

That might also mean the prices and arrangements and amenities quoted to you by Disney, if you're on a budget, "are what they are" and some compromising and honing down to stay within budget might mean some hard choices.  Or it might mean that if you delayed for a few months, or a year, that you'd gather the additional budget necessary to accomplish some aspect of the overall vision your have for your nuptials and reception.  Meaning:  Be flexible, if possible, as much as you can be.  Flexibility can mean positive breakthroughs that make the whole affair come togethermostly the way you would be hoping for if not 100%.  

But it also means that once you start doing business with Disney you're working with a class act, once your contract is signed and once you and Disney are on "same pages" on how to proceed, I've heard nothing but stellar compliments that Disney follows through on plans, very little goes wrong, and you can trust them.  They host umpteen galore of hundreds, even thousands, of weddings on the property every year.  They are experienced at it.  

You might want to give our travel agent member a contact, as well as call down to Disney Weddings in Orlando, and get the ball rolling on what your questions are, your plans are, your time line is, what your budget is, if you're willing to compromise on that budget by adjusting it up or down, if you want to travel down to Orlando and meet with the Disney wedding planners there to discuss further, and just start the general inquiry moving forward.  At least then you'll gather and then know certain facts, and with certainty comes clear sure direction and confidence.   :thumbsup:
Profile PM
ypcat Offline
Tim

Posted: June 10, 2008, 10:11 am Quote

I don't know what that package includes, but it marvels me to find out that it would be cheaper for a wedding at WDW than elsewhere.

--------------
Profile PM
Yensid33 Offline
Maria

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Sep. 30, 2008, 3:07 pm Quote

If you choose the Escape option, it's cheaper, as it's just the 2 of you and 18 invited guests. I don't want a party or a huge reception afterward either, which is why, if we're going to do something smaller, then I would like it to be more meaningful which is why I chose WDW. I think it would be great too, since we could just have our honeymoon there too. And they give you annual passes when you get married there so you won't pay for admission.

I'm just thinking of how to make it special, simple and sweet but save money at the same time.

I'd rather spend a little more $$ on something and look back on it saying, "I'm so glad we did this, it made for great memories" rather than $12,000 for a banquet hall and subpar food--what were we thinking??"" :angry:

--------------
Maria
Profile PM
polyfan42 Offline
Luann

Posted: Sep. 30, 2008, 4:55 pm Quote

Like Beth, I am so jealous!!!!!  :)

--------------

Polynesian 1973, 74, 75, 77, 79, 80, 81, 03, 05, 07, 08
Offsite 1974, 78
Missing my Dad since he went to be with the Lord on 1-4-07.

My Folk Art Online Store http://www.geocities.com/rwhii/smith-reason/
Profile PM
ashleyxo145 Offline
Ashley

Posted: Oct. 02, 2008, 7:31 pm Quote

OMG Congrats. I couldn't find a congrats emoticon so I can't do that. :TiggerWooHoo: Thats just as good~Have fun and enjoy.

--------------
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."   Walt Disney

I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's  starting right now, watch and you'll see, someday I'll be, Part of that World!     -The Little Mermaid! :wwww:
Profile PM AOL
8 replies since June 04, 2008, 4:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Disney Escape Wedding
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement