Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Disney Fairytale Weddings on Food Network< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 21, 2004, 9:02 pm Quote

Quote (WebTink @ June 21, 2004 11:55 am/pm)
I enjoyed the show very much; watched it with my DD13 who isn't much of a romantic, but I saw her eyes twinkle a little bit.  We especially loved the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party--the cake was so cool!  It would be fun to just have that party with some girlfriends.

$70,000 would sure be a nice down payment on a house, wouldn't it?  I'd rather give that to my kids if I happened to have $70,000 laying around!  Was it my imagination, or did that groom already looked beat down by that bride?  She was obviously going to get her way no matter what!  I hope he's prepared to do that the rest of their lives!  ( Frankly, he looked about 15 to me and in no position to be getting married-but what do I know?! )  LOL

That Alice in Wonderland tea party cake was spectacular.

And fillings that include "passion fruit mousse" and "Bailey's Irish Cream Mousse" , oh be still my heart....

Becky, I noticed the same thing about the featured couple's groom, how he had, shall we say, "few words to say" at least in how the show was edited for air.  $70K, whoo...  That's most of a starter home or half to one-third of a lot of homes today.  It's a couple of Mercedes-Benz's .

They said you could spend up to hundreds of thousands for a wedding.  To be married in front of Cinderella's Castle really does cost mega-bucks, I think it has to be done in the early hours when the park is closed for guests before opening but someone do please correct me on this.  Can you imagine trying to make Cinderella's Royal Table for a breakfast character dining Priority Seating but you arrive to find a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding going on right in front of the Castle?
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 21, 2004, 9:07 pm Quote

How would a guy plan a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding?  What inputs into the planning process do the guys have, I wonder?
Profile PM
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: June 21, 2004, 9:44 pm Quote

Quote (CarolKoster @ June 21, 2004 21:07 am/pm)
How would a guy plan a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding?  What inputs into the planning process do the guys have, I wonder?

Besides Rich do you think any guys are reading this thread? hahahaha!

I wonder if they do nighttime weddings in front of the castle in the off season when the park closes early?

I guess Disney doesn't have an exclusive on how much you can spend for a wedding.  DH went to a wedding of a multimillionare recently and he figured all totaled they spent about $100,000!  The groom actually took members of his wedding party to Las Vegas for an all-expense paid bachelor party, so I'm including those expenses, too.  That's crazy money!

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 24, 2004, 1:33 pm Quote

Quote (WebTink @ June 21, 2004 20:44 am/pm)
Besides Rich do you think any guys are reading this thread? hahahaha!

I know my son would never even consider reading it! LOL

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
disneybride2005 Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 24, 2004, 3:55 pm Quote

I have seen pics of a wedding set up in front of the castle at night, so they must do them.  Besides, you can't get married in the park during park hours, so most of htem must take place at night.
Also, some people I don't think realize that you can get married at disney for as little as 4000.00.  That includes a weeks stay including park hoppers.  That is what my wedding will cost approximately.  Also, you can marry "illegally" there as well for a lot cheaper.  By illegally, I mean that you don't actually go through disney, you get married in a suite and bring your own officiant.  Disney doesn't like it when you do this though. :D
By the way-be nice to the guy-I don't know too many men that would step in the way of a girls dream wedding.  My future husband wanted to and we tended to disagree over a lot which is why we went with a disney wedding in the first place.  We don't have to plan anything now!! :idea:

--------------

Julie / Disneybride2005
Profile PM
Jasonsmom Offline
Paula

Disney EchoEar

Posted: July 07, 2004, 11:07 pm Quote

I wonder how much of the 70K went for the wedding dinner.  The girl couldn't make up her mind what she wanted and wanted the guests to make their own choices.  Instead of putting the choices on  the reply card which I've seen before, she had something called "Crown Service" or something like that.  300 meals were made for 100 guests so that the guests could decide that night which of the 3 offerings they wanted.  I hope the extra 200 meals were able to be donated or something.

Jasonsmom

--------------
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: July 08, 2004, 9:29 pm Quote

Disney does indeed donate unsold/unused food to the needy -- I can't remember the name of the organization... Second Harvesters, perhaps? Even if that isn't the name, I know they do not waste the food, it is donated.
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Nov. 23, 2004, 8:27 am Quote

I loved this special!  I hope they re-air it soon since my VCR cut off with about 3 minutes left in the program.  I want to re-tape the whole thing.

Wow, $70K is one chunck of change.  I can assure you that all Disney wedding don't cost that much--I know mine didn't!

I actually "know" one of the brides (the one with the orange wedding theme) from the internet, and she said that Disney added a lot of stuff for their wedding so they could showcase it.  For instance, they had cut the sushi station, but Disney added it back in for free to show it on TV.  Their wedding cake was also way bigger than the one they ordered.  

As far as castle wedding go, the official minimum for those (at least in 2003 when I got married, but not at the castle) is $42000 with Disney.  My event manager did tell me that the brides who do those typically go way over the minimum though.  They typically take place at night after the park has closed.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 28, 2005, 10:28 am Quote

The Food Network is finally re-airing this special!  Here's the info:

AIR TIMES:
March 12, 2005 11:00 PM ET/PT
March 13, 2005 3:00 AM ET/PT

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings
You're invited to join host Sandra Pinckney for a special hour of Disney Fairytale Weddings. From choosing the reception menu to constructing the cake, tag along as a celebration filled with Disney delicacies comes together.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Sep. 13, 2006, 10:46 am Quote

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack......!

All times are Eastern time zone, U.S., be sure to check your local cable/satellite listings for exact local time and channel number closest to you.  One hour.  Program your VCR, DVR or TiVo.  This is a show that is a rerun, not a new original episode.  Food Network Disney shows repeat much less often than comparable Travel Channel shows.

Food Network

Food Network Specials
Episode WDSP01

AIR TIMES:
September 22, 2006 10:00 PM ET/PT
September 23, 2006 1:00 AM ET/PT

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings
You're invited to join host Sandra Pinckney for a special hour of Disney Fairytale Weddings. From choosing the reception menu to constructing the cake, tag along as a celebration filled with Disney delicacies comes together.

Scroll back for earlier reactions and responses to earlier airings of this show.  Add yours by hitting "Reply".  Happy viewing, happy recording.  (Pssst...  If you know of any Disney brides actively planning their events, let them know about this show coming up, it's a rerun, but still loads of vicarious fun to be had watching it. )
Profile PM
29 replies since June 10, 2004, 1:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Disney Fairytale Weddings on Food Network
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement