Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!, Brides Magazine couple in a "dream wed."< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 15, 2007, 6:38 am Quote

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm giving y'all as much notice as I got.

Set your VCR, DVR or TiVo to record "Entertainment Tonight", a weekday entertainment news show, syndicated, for 30-minutes, today, February 15, 2007 (Thursday) .  Show is likely on one of your local broadcast stations somewhere, usually in the early afternoon or following the early afternoon newscasts leading into prime time network shows, or it could be scheduled at late night...  Just scan around your local broadcast station listings.

One segment among many:  Brides Magazine awarded a couple a Disney dream wedding, and they will show footage of the event on "Entertainment Tonight".  Took place at WDW.

That's all the information I know about it.

BTW:  "Entertainment Tonight" is not one of those shows that has reruns to it, so usually the time you see in the listings is "it", no repeats, likely not a chance to catch it again if you miss it (but double check your local listings anyway).

PS: "Breaking news" that the producers of "Entertainment Tonight" deems is "important" might pre-empt the segment, in which case they sometimes will simply schedule it again to another day.

Happy viewing!
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 15, 2007, 12:59 pm Quote

Wow Thanks Carol!!! I can't wait to see it!! :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :minnie:  :minnie:

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
April 2004 stayed offsite
March 2007 Fort wilderness campground
April 2007 Disney wedding at Yacht Club Gazeebo
April 2008 Fort Wilderness Campground
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 17, 2007, 11:30 am Quote

I recorded it, the DirecTV DVR program description mentioned it...  And the segment didn't air!  

"Breaking news" and "ET Exclusives" regarding the ongoing seamy news of the death of Anna Nicole Smith took up the time, and the Disney weddings segment got bumped.

However, this was a Brides magazine sponsored prize for the winning couple.  And "Entertainment Tonight" was there, and likely Brides Magazine photographers and writers, too.

So head to your local newsstand and look up Brides Magazine, or Google their website, to see if a current or upcoming issue will provide some beautiful Dsiney wedding photos to look at whereas ET may get around to airing this segment...  someday...

Keep your DVR or TiVo looking for "Disney" or "Disney*" 'cause the segment might be rescheduled sometime.

PS:  The Disney wedding segment at WDW wasn't the only show element that got bumped.  So just hang in there, maybe the show's producers will reschedule it.
Profile PM
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 17, 2007, 9:25 pm Quote

The same thing happened to me.  My TiVo picked it up in my wishlist for Disney*, but the Disney weddings programming got pre-empted by the Anna Nicole death.  Hopefully they will pick a date to re-air it soon.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 18, 2007, 6:24 am Quote

:(  :(  :(  I was so sad when I didn't get to see it!!! But I only missed what would have been on cause I really needed the sleep!!!  LOL  LOL  LOL  Hubby & I want to do a vow ren when we go in April and have started the process!!! Woo Hoo I cant wait!! But I am clueless and just going with the flo!!!

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 18, 2007, 11:16 am Quote

TV Kirby, the Moderator of the Disney TV Forum, says he's seeing that the show with the Disney Weddings segment will re-air Monday, February 19.

However, our DirecTV DVR also shows "repeats" of the show with identical program content on Monday morning, 2/19/07.  ET is meant to air generally in the late afternoon or early evening before primetime shows as a lead-out of local news and a lead-in to prime time programming.  If it's showing on a Monday morning after a long weekend it's not likely to have fresher content than last Thursday or Friday.  It's more likely to have fresh content if it's scheduled to air in the afternoon or evening hours.  I used to work in commercial local TV, husband still does, and trust me, this is how these shows are programmed and scheduled by the local stations and how the syndicator sends them down.

I did try to investigate the ET official website and they don't say anything about "the show on this date will have in it blah, blah and blah." so that you can make a sure bet to tune in and see that or this or the other.  

So if you have TiVo and a DVR check the Entertainment Tonight listings for content.  If it reflects that ET airs in the late afternoon or evening and also has Disney wedding-type content, then make sure you record it if you're interested in that subject matter.  Again, ET doesn't do reruns, so the first time the segment airs when it finally does will be the only time it airs if it finally does.  Speed cue and if there is no wedding content, then it's a rerun of last week's show, and if it does have Disney wedding content, then yay!

Britney Spears just had a bizarre weekend where she had all her hair shaved off and got some tatoos.  This might give the ongoing Anna Nicole Smith story some bumping.  Also, this week is leading up to the Oscar awards next Sunday night.  Might be hard for ET to fit in a nice, pleasant, uplifting piece about magical and "Ohhhh" "Ahhhhh" and "Ooooooooh" Disney weddings when intrigue and timely entertainment news stories are pervasive in Hollywood during February Sweeps.

Just keep checking the TV listings.  That's all we can do.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 18, 2007, 11:33 am Quote

I checked at TiVo.com.

Entertainment Tonight is coming on 9:30 am EST Monday 2/19/07 on WCBS-TV's digital transmission signal.  If you are a DirecTV High Definition service subscriber, this is channel 80, if you are signed up to obtain that channel (might mean an additional subscription fee).  The program content is identical to last week's show that ended up having pre-empted content due to the coverage of the aftermath of Anna Nicole Smith's death.

Record it if you like and if you are in the New York City area and can receive WCBS's digital transmission signal.  There is not a listing for ET for "Disney weddings" content showing up on TiVo.com as of Sunday morning....

I've seen TiVo (back when we subscribed to it) and now our DirecTV DVR list new Disney* things with only a few hours or half-day's notice, however.  When Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was in active promotion mode prior to wide-release stars would be booked for sure on some of these shows with only a few days notice, or only a day or less notice sometimes.

So never say never.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 19, 2007, 9:26 am Quote

Re: the Disney Weddings segment that was originally scheduled to air 2/16/07 on "Entertainment Tonight" but got pre-empted:

Might be on:

February 21, 2007 "Two Stars and a Wedding", February 22, 2007 "Love, Liz and Clay" or on February 23, 2007 "Superstars and a Wedding Fantasy"

The only Disney-specific listing was February 16, 2007 and that was when the Disney wedding segment was scheduled but preempted.  No other listings can be found, yet, that mention "Disney wedding".

This according to TVGuide.com.  I can't find any other details about show content, not even from ET's own website.

So just keep checking the show or online listings or TiVo or your DVR.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 21, 2007, 6:05 am Quote

OK, Disney wedding fans....

It's rescheduled now:  As a three-parter!

Our DVR with DirecTV just found the shows.  Sorry for any short notice, but I'm giving you all the advance notice I got from the DVR.

Program your VCR, DVR or TiVo to record "Entertainment Tonight" today, Thursday and Friday, February 21, 22 and 23, 2007 for 30-minutes each day.  Find out which local broadcast station in your town carries "Entertainment Tonight" and at what local time.  "Entertainment Tonight" has a station locator on it's official website, just Google the show, find the locator, tell the locator your postal zip code, and the locator tells you what station, channel and time the show will air.

Think positive thought wave vibes in the direction of the "Entertainment Tonight" producers, the Anna Nicole Smith death aftermath participants and any other Hollywood-type celebrity even thinking of having a meltdown, to have their meltdowns and drama revelations after ET airs this three-part segment about a fabulous Disney wedding at WDW.  We'd like the three segments to run as scheduled, get overwith, our boat gets floated, and next week they can fall apart or be high profile all they want. ;)  

If the segments don't run let's hope ET will run them at another time, just keep checking listings.

Happy viewing, and think those good thoughts....
Profile PM
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 21, 2007, 10:37 am Quote

Thanks this is great!!!

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
30 replies since Feb. 15, 2007, 6:38 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement