Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: The Hollywood Rules, how we act around here...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DezineWiz Offline
Daniel Rappaport

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 22, 2006, 11:39 pm Quote

Hmmm... About W.D.I.

Where do I begin?  What do you want to know?  Hollywood politics is Hollywood politics.  Let's have lunch??  :hungry:

I would imagine that in order to become an Imagineer, you would need to first off gain some skills, perhaps at a good school.  I would DEFINITELY recommend the FIDM film/video program.  They are VERY VERY well connected!

Do something like composing, video editing, engineering, etc..  Then, get yourself a job in the industry somewhere!  I am lucky enough to currently have a producing internship through my school.  

You HAVE to be ambitious, and put yourself out there, but not step on anyone's toes in the process.  We are a spoiled, sensative town, and you HAVE to learn how to work with us!    Remember, studios have huge walls around them FOR A REASON!  Take that as a metaphor for our souls!    ... :hearts:

It is kind of funny how Hollywood works.  You either revel in it, or pack your bags and leave!  Oh, and don't take anyone ripping your work apart to heart!  If someone says it sucks, is crap, etc.. pick your head up, move on, and remember that one in ten will usually like it.  If not, go another direction!  Explore something else!  But, for heaven's sake, don't stop!  This town, and ESPECIALLY Imagineering, I would imagine, has TONS of different arenas open - from food, to merchandising, to fashion, to set building, dressing, etc.. You get the picture.  If you are good enough, a position will generally be created for you.  That's my guess as to why studios never really have too many creative positions posted on their websites.

Once you have skills, PUT THEM TO GOOD WORK!!  Make a portfolio, a reel, a menu, boards, whatever!  Just get your work down in an organized, and skillful way.  And, for heaven's sake, make it look good!  If you are making a website, GET A BOOK ON GRAPHIC DESIGN BEFORE YOU POST IT!!  You don't want your gorgeous reel to be overshadowd by your half hazard graphic design skills - as an example.

Once you have your "big break", DON'T STOP!!  ALWAYS underpromise and overdeliver!  Work hard!  But, don't step on anyone's toes in the process!  Example - if you are going to build a model, and you want to change something - BUILD ANOTHER ONE with your changes, and present both!  If you don't know, ASK!  If they are professional enough, they will answer your questions correctly without too much hassle.  I really don't think anyone in this town is out to harm anyone, if you remain on their good side!

Well, I think I have given enough of the "Hollywood Rules" away for one posting.

:sorcerer:  :pixiedust:

Good luck out there!

Magically Always,

Daniel Rappaport

:sorcerer:  :pixiedust:

And, I just wanted to add -

"*IMAGINEER A.S.A.P.! :-)*, Networking questions...", I may have very well answered some of my own questions! LOL...

I have been doing some detailed research lately... :-)

Thanks for playing!

--------------
With Pixie Dust and a Computer,

Daniel

If you're heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme!

"Always say "yes" first, then go off and figure it out."
-The Imagineers

:)
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
0 replies since Aug. 22, 2006, 11:39 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: The Hollywood Rules, how we act around here...
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement