Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Imagineering Field Guide is fantastic!, I highly recommend this book< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
PeopleMover Offline
Erin

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 15, 2005, 9:27 am Quote

If you haven't gotten this book, I really recommend getting the Imagineering Field Guild to the Magic Kingdom.

I read a lot of books about WDW, Disneyland etc.  Seen plenty of shows about the parks.  And yet, just in the first couple pages about Main St. and the MK entrance, I learned things I never knew before.  Each section has been like that.  I cannot wait to go to Magic Kingdom (we leave in 15 days!;) and look for these details myself! :smart:

It's not expensive -- $10 in store (I bought it from a seller on amazon.com for $7 and then shipping, still came to $10) -- and travel size so I can it into my backpack or my husband's fanny pack.  That way, I can dig it out and check for these things in the park.

This is the first in a series.  The Imagineers will publish one for each park.  Based on this book, I can't wait for the others!    :clapping:

--------------

Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
threeh Offline
Tracy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 15, 2005, 1:09 pm Quote

I tatally agree!!!  I am about half way done with mine and it's awesome!!!  Such intersting facts about the mk.  Highly recomended to all you disney nuts!!!

--------------
°O° Tracy°O°

Profile PM WEB
EnthusedImaginEAR Offline
Keenan DeFrisco

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Dec. 29, 2005, 4:26 pm Quote

It is definitely one of the best imagineering books. Also, the Epcot one is coming out in June, 2006 which should be just as good. I also heard that Designing Disney by John Hench was good, I should be getting it soon so I will let you know how it is. John Hench was an imagineer for more than 60 years and was responsible for the hydraulic squid in 20,000 leagues under the sea, some backgrounds in Fantasia, Dumbo, Cinderella, and Peter Pan, and also helped in the design of Space Mountain.

--------------

Profile PM AOL
PeopleMover Offline
Erin

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Dec. 29, 2005, 4:32 pm Quote

Quote (EnthusedImaginEAR @ Dec. 29, 2005 16:26 am/pm)
the Epcot one is coming out in June, 2006 which should be just as good.

YES!!!  That'll be perfect!  We'll have it for the next trip!  :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB
EnthusedImaginEAR Offline
Keenan DeFrisco

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Dec. 30, 2005, 12:45 am Quote

You can reserve a copy of Field guide to Epcot so that they ship it to you when it comes out right here!

--------------

Profile PM AOL
PeopleMover Offline
Erin

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Dec. 30, 2005, 10:08 am Quote

Quote (EnthusedImaginEAR @ Dec. 30, 2005 00:45 am/pm)
You can reserve a copy of Field guide to Epcot so that they ship it to you when it comes out right here!

Thank you!

I also noticed it comes out around my birthday (which is in June).  :birthdaycake:  So, guess what I'm getting?  :hula:

--------------

Profile PM WEB
BrerFox Offline
Ryan

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Mar. 16, 2006, 6:36 pm Quote

I got the book about two weeks ago, I had it finished in less than a day, I could not put it down.  I can't wait to pick up the Epcot version.

Does anyone know if there's plans for an MGM, Animal Kingdom, or Water Park editions?

--------------
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me :)
Profile PM AOL
cindy58 Offline
Darlene Schulke

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 18, 2006, 1:13 pm Quote

I ordered this book and the Epcot one and I was told that June was the estimated time that I could get it, it is back ordered that far.  Now that I'm reading your responses, I can't wait to get my copies.  LOL ---darlene

--------------

Remember our August 19th to September 1st Fort Wilderness Campground vacation
Profile PM
d_dreamer Offline
Mary

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:43 pm Quote

I loved both books. Amazing!

--------------
WARING: FURTURE IMAGINEER AT WORK

Waiting and Praying for a Harry Potter ride

1994 DL HoJo's
2000 DL Pacific Resort
2003 Carribean Beach
2005 DL Westcoast Aniheim
2006 DL HoJo's

xoxo Mary
Profile PM AOL
win_dan Offline
Danny Gleason

Disney EchoEar

Posted: June 18, 2006, 11:22 pm Quote

Just picked up the MK & Epcot editions at Borders in my mall...can't wait to dig in for our trip next week  :D

Dan

--------------
Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary & Danny's 16th birthday!

82 Off Site
86 Off Site
89 CB
93 YC
94 Off Site
95 PO
96 DLR Off Site
99 ASM
01 Hard Rock
03 AKL
04 Hard Rock
05 DLR Candy Cane
06 WL
Profile PM
9 replies since Sep. 15, 2005, 9:27 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Imagineering Field Guide is fantastic!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement