Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Avatar land is coming to Animal Kingdom, new theme land in Animal Kingdom< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
JEANYLASER Offline
Jeany Sanchez

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 06, 2014, 3:11 pm Quote

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide is joining forces with visionary filmmaker James Cameron and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the world of AVATAR to life at Disney parks.  
Announced on September 20 2011, the project will see an AVATAR-themed land begin construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2013, with opening expected in 2016.  The budget is speculated to be in the region of $500 million.

:)

This is from wdwmagic

--------------
Jeany / JEANYLASER

Sept 2014- AOA
Profile PM YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: April 06, 2014, 6:14 pm Quote

Dear JeanyLaser, and Guests/Passers-By and formerly active Disney Echo Membes logging on to the site,

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Disney Echo already posted that Avatarland was coming... Three years ago !  It dates to 2011.  It's not a rumor.  it's nothing new at all.  Click the link:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....=avatar

JeanyLaser and Guests and former Disney Echo Members,

Your IMMEDIATE ATTENTION to the following, please...

You should consider Disney Echo dormant, outdated, and no longer maintained.  

An existing topic explains further and offers high-quality suggestions to other Disney fan websites that also have chat forums about Disney and Disney news sources and online search techniques. Click the link, read, don't skim, and take all the suggestions.

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....;st=100

Thanks for visiting and posting.  I hope you will read the existing topic at the second link, take any and all suggestions, move on, and meet new Disney fans at other online sites and social media.

Pixie Dust to you !   :pixiedust:
Profile PM
JEANYLASER Offline
Jeany Sanchez

Posted: April 06, 2014, 8:03 pm Quote

oops! I make a mistake of the thread please deleted.

--------------
Jeany / JEANYLASER

Sept 2014- AOA
Profile PM YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: April 07, 2014, 10:47 am Quote

Quote (JEANYLASER @ April 06, 2014, 7:03 pm)
oops! I make a mistake of the thread please deleted.

We're going to leave it as it is, I know you meant well.  No problem.  :)

But to increase success about your online searches in the future, JeanyLaser and anyone reading this, try calling the place and spelling the place what Disney does: Avatarland (all one word ) .  And try using Google or Yahoo or Google News and Yahoo News.  

Useful Clue and Helpful Hint:  If something is a Disney rumor, online searches don't find information because information hasn't been officially released by Disney itself and news media don't write about rumors, it's unethical.  However if something is a true and verified, and officially announced fact, online searches turn up lots of references.

Posting on a dormant website when you've been told it's dormant is well-meaning, yes, but not smart.  It's like you make a "big announcement" in a totally empty room AFTER the people left the room.  In this case three years after the last responder left this Topic.  It's also like you want to hold a conversation in a totally empty room after the people have left.  

We've abandoned keeping Disney Echo up-to-date anymore.  Too much work for so few people.  And as well-meaning as I know you meant it, too few people log on here anymore, so "posting news" is not as productive as you might feel.  I've tried it since 2010-2011, and nobody responds  So get a clue, take the hint... Time to move on to where the people all are!

Where's that?

You might be at peace online as a WDW fan and overall happier at some alternative Disney fan websites I super-highly recommend about Walt Disney World anything....  Such as...

--MiceAge.com (particularly for Kevin Yee's columns about WDW news )  This is the #1 fan site I want to refer you to.

--MousePlanet.com

--Passporter.com chat forums supporting their guide books

--The DIS Boards, a HUGE Disney fan site still going strong

--OrlandoSentinel.com newspaper in Orlando FL and the blogs there The Daily Disney and Theme Park Rangers.

--AllEarsNet.com by Deb Wills for Disneyland, WDW, and Disney Cruise Line NEWS, information, trip planning, menus to restaurants, what the hotels on-site are like, dining, character meetings, little things to make trips special, and for any kind of special-needs travelers, ticket pricing, and more.  The site might or might not offer chat forums, but you can subscribe to AllEarsNet.com on Facebook and get news feeds and can post Comments in what Deb Wills (Site Admin there) sends out about Disney.

--TripAdvisor.com about posting Comments about Walt Disney World hotels you've stayed at, your reviews of them, and to read what others advise about them.

--On Facebook you can subscribe "Like" DisneyParks, Walt Disney World, and probably individual hotel resorts there, and start getting their official news feeds right to your Wall/Home.  You can post short Comments to these feeds and read what others say, too.  Very social and gets a person all-excited about WDW.

This Existing Topic/Existing Posting explains Disney Echo's decline, lists alternative sources of Disney news, information, travel advice, and where you can find chat forums to post in and participate in Disney conversations online.

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....;st=100

JeanyLaser, online surfers and guests, Disney Echo Members, thanks for your support of Disney Echo for years.  

Use the suggestions at this link in all-caps below!  Trust me, you'll be MUCH better served!  Thanks.  :bowdown:  :hearts:  :waver:  Goodbye now!   :pixie dust:

READ THIS ABOUT DISNEY ECHO DECLINE & GET IDEAS FOR ALTERNATIVE WAYS OF NEWS, INFO & CHAT FORUMS!
Profile PM
JEANYLASER Offline
Jeany Sanchez

Posted: April 07, 2014, 1:59 pm Quote

Thanks Carol for the info! But I try to spell Avatarland but has red line under it and it needs to space. I don't know why?

--------------
Jeany / JEANYLASER

Sept 2014- AOA
Profile PM YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: April 07, 2014, 7:03 pm Quote

It's because, probably, the spelling checker dictionary software in your computer, Internet browser, or mobile electronic device has never heard of the "word" "Avatarland".  

I'm getting a "red line" under the word when I type it, too, which I'm ignoring because Disney which is building the place calls it what it does, and the news media calls it the same thing.  On this one Disney and the news media and theme park travel news media are correct and the spelling checker is wrong.  Just ignore it.  

The way you can check:  Go to Google or Yahoo and enter in Avatarland.  If you get a lot of references and the references all spell Avatarland as a single word with the A capitalized and it refers to a Disney park in Florida, then you'll have it confirmed how to spell it and also do search engine research using that term to find out more about the park.  Go to Google News or Yahoo News and enter in Avatarland and you'll get all news media results for the last 60-days about it, if any news media posted articles online.

Many Internet browsers, computers, and mobile smart devices also have an annoying feature called "auto-correct".  Means as you type it's automatically noticing what you type as you type it and suggests/automatically inserts for you spelling corrections, will substitute words you never typed, in this case maybe it inserted a space between "Avatar" and "land" because those words are in it's dictionary but not the word all together "Avatarland".  When you go back to proofread before sending or hitting "enter" you'll notice you never typed some of these words, spellings, etc., and that auto-correct did for you.  You do have to proofread and undo whatever auto-correct inserts that you didn't intend.

The search function on Disney Echo is very literal.  It literally does search for whatever you type in.  If you misspell it, mispunctuate it, don't do upper and lower case just right, you'll get zero search results.  In this case had you spelled "Avatarland" without the space and searched our site for it you would have found an Existing Topic about it, which is how I found it in order to point you to it and post the link to it.

Jeany, I'll post this link again.  I want you to read it and understand that Disney Echo is no longer operating.  Posting to Disney Echo in 2014 and beyond is like talking to an empty room after the people left it.  It's weird.  And a waste.

Click what's below.  Get someone to help you understand what it says or translate it into a language or way of understanding it that works best for you in case it is confusing or hard to understand.  I refer ALL Disney Echo members in the message at this link that Disney Echo is in severe decline, and where to go to find better and up to date Disney news, travel help, and online Disney fans to chat with on the Internet.  Since you're a Disney Echo member, you're included in who should read this and actually DO what the suggestions are, so take it seriously this time, OK?  If it's hard to read or hard to understand, or you need help in translating it, find that help somewhere and get that person to help you understand.

READ THIS ABOUT DISNEY ECHO DECLINE & GET IDEAS FOR ALTERNATIVE WAYS OF NEWS, INFO & CHAT FORUMS!

This is my final response to you.  

Jeany thanks for visiting, I hope you have a lovely time the next time you are at Disney and visiting the Avatarland new section of Animal Kingdom if/when it gets built and open to the public a few years from now.  If you can make new Disney friends on some of the Disney fan websites I recommend you can probably arrange to meet with them the next time you're at WDW and can tour it together, a fun experience.

Take care  and have happy Disney Days.  Thanks for being a member of Disney Echo.  It's time to move on, since our site is no longer kept current and so many have left it.  Bye bye, good luck !   :pixiedust:  :waver:  :bowdown:  :mickey:  :minnie:
Profile PM
5 replies since April 06, 2014, 3:11 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Avatar land is coming to Animal Kingdom
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement