Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Carol Koster Stepping Back From Disney Echo 4/1/13, No April Foolin'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 03, 2013, 6:48 am Quote

Hi !

:waver:

Not really "retiring" but CarolKoster is stepping back from Disney Echo participation as of Monday, April 1, 2013...no April Foolin'.  Might post sometimes, but stepping back a lot.

Thanks for so many Pixie Dusted times online with fellow Disney fans!

For more, see "Disney Echo Returnees: Read This Topic", a Topic for comments about that Topic (see Topic Scroll Box) and also within this Topic, postings dated April 1, 2013 :

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=18019

Pixie Dust to ya, and see ya around online !

:pixiedust:
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
JCricket Offline
Dave Adams

Posted: April 04, 2013, 4:49 am Quote

I'm very sorry Carol.  But I understand where you're coming from.  I check you out every day, but people now are on Facebook and Twitter more.
You have had a great site for a long time, and I, for one, will  miss all of the fun that was in the past.  I guess the old adage is true: time marches on, and things change.

Best of luck.

--------------
Remembering my April 2008 Ft. Wilderness vacation.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: April 04, 2013, 6:39 am Quote

Thanks, JCricket.

Since we haven't updated the site and Rich and I don't have time to, there's really no need anymore to "check it every day".  

There is NO need for anyone to "I'll check in for you, Carol and Rich, and help work with any infrequent logger-on'ers."  They'll figure it out for themselves.  

So....

Instead of Disney Echo:  See the Quote Box below.  There are suggestions for high quality alternative Disney fan and informational web sites there.  Check it out.  Any of these offers online Disney fans the news and info and social community to trip plan or meet new friends or chat buddies about current Disney news.

Yes it's originally written two years ago.  The slow down has been going on for nearly three years, actually.

Posted: May 23, 2011, 10:29 am
Quote (CarolKoster @ Feb. 05, 2011, 8:56 am)

Bumping up to make more current.

Read first posting.

[....]

You can do this "looking it up" same as me.  We've always been proud and awestruck by our Disney Echo community helping each other out.  In that spirit I'll post the techniques and sites I recommend to look for Disney news and information.  

Try any of these:

Google and Google Advanced Search

Google News and Google News Advanced Search

Any Disney theme park published guidebook:  Birnbaum's Official Guide to WDW or Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line, Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial Guides to WDW or Disneyland, Passporter Guides to Open Mouse (special needs travelers to WDW) or WDW or Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line.  You can order these from any brick and mortar real world bookstore, or from online from any booksellers such as Amazon.com (see our link at the bottom of this page to order directly from Amazon.com through Disney Echo's link), Barnes & Noble.com, Books a Million.com, Borders.com.  You can order any of the Passporter guidebooks directly from the author's website

http://www.passporter.com

Disney.go.com (hey, Disney owns the theme parks and the Cruise Line, they have webpages galore, check 'em out ! )  Also for Disney products, movies, Investor Relations and Annual and quarterly reports, and webcasts of their annual shareholder meeting every early March..... Head to Disney online !  The Walt Disney Family Museum is part of this site too, via a link, and there is a lot here about the history of Disney and about Walt Disney, in case you're doing a school report.

Zagat Dining Guides to Southern California and Orlando, hear from those who've dined and rated eateries

Phoning directly Disney Central Reservations or Guest Services at the particular park or hotel you have questions about.  Disney owns it, after all, and their staffers are trained to answer questions.  You're doing business with Disney, after all, might as well work with them about inquiries, special needs, special plans to be made, etc.

Souvenirs you can buy ahead of time:  Go to DisneyStore.com and look under "categories" for Theme Parks.

Fan sites I recommend :

AllEarsNet.com : Deb Wills maintains this about WDW, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line.  Also is very active on Facebook and Twitter.

Orange County Register blog "Around Disney", updated daily or several times a week if anything is going on at Disneyland in California.  On news stories about Disney also read the Comments.

Orlando Sentinel sub-website "The Daily Disney".  Has columnists and daily news and features, also a chat forum.  Also read their Business section, Dining reviews, and their blog "Theme Park Rangers", they write about all the theme parks in Central Florida in that one.  On news stories about Disney or the Orlando competing theme parks also read the Comments.

Passporter :  Has a chat forum in support of their guidebooks, hear from fellow guidebook fans and maybe the authors and get updates you paste into your published guidebook.

AllEarsNet.com : Kept up to date all the time and it has a chat forum too, supports many aspects of trip planning for Disneyland, WDW and Disney Cruise Line and special needs Disney travelers.

MousePlanet.com :  Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions, look for Mark Goldhaber's posts about WDW.

MiceAge.com :  Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions, look for Kevin Yee's posts about WDW and Al Lutz' posts about Disneyland.

LaughingPlace.com Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions.  Has a great news function.  The chat forums includes about WDW, but it's also a good place for Disneyland information.

Our Forums on Disney Echo are Moderated by people who have their own fan sites for certain Disney specialties.  For dining and trip planning look up our member ScottWDW, for Fort Wilderness Campground look up member Jeff Spencer.  In their signatures in past posts are links to their fan sites.  Click the links, explore around.  About Disneyland look at Disneygeek's signature and head to his fan site.  TVKirby on our site has a fan site listing TV shows about Disney parks and Disney Cruise Line.  Check his weekly postings about shows or click his link in his posting and visit his site, then tell your recording device or DVR about the show so you won't miss it, he moderates our Disney TV Forum.

The Mom's Panel for WDW at Disney.go.com .  Yearly Disney hires about ten women who are mothers and experienced WDW travelers with children.  These annual ten women are trained by Disney, then set to respond to posted queries at the Disney.go.com WDW Mom's Panel website Disney owns.  There is a "search" function on this chat forum.  Means you can "search" around as first attempt and find already asked-already answered questions about WDW and what it's like, what to expect, any questions.

[....]

In addition try "Like" "Become a Friend or Fan" of on Facebook the Orlando Sentinel and Orange County Register.  If very huge Disney park news is happening, those newspapers will post it in their newsfeeds.

There are lots of Disney fan sites.  The above are those I've personally had interactive with or have met in person people who operate them or post columns on them.  A few others I know of but you're on your own about interacting with them include, but are not limited to, WDW Info.com, The DIS Boards and others.

Non-Disney if you want reliable information about hotels at Orlando or at or near Disneyland my husband and I rely on TripAdvisor.com .  Plug in the name of the hotel, read the Comments.  Comments come from those who visited Disney but aren't necessarily huge Disney fans.  It's good to hear from fellow Disney fans how a hotel was, but also good to hear from more objective travelers, too.

Off-site from Disneyland my husband and I rely on and love the Candy Cane Inn adjacent to the park.  Read up on Trip Advisor and hotel comments at Disney fan site MousePlanet.com about the place.

[....]

And those are the places I would look up information for you.   I hope these places and techniques help in your learning more about Disney and working with them to enjoy their parks and movies.  

[....]

Thanks for visiting, great times online, for understanding the situation, and moving on to the sites mentioned in the Quote Box, use Google, Bing or Yahoo to find them, at Disney.com their "search" function in the theme park sections or Cruise Line section of their site, or Amazon.com to locate and purchase guide books.  

:bowdown:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: April 30, 2013, 5:53 am Quote

Hi, folks, especially for our members who visit infrequently.  I am posting so this Topic appears higher in the Hot Topics Scroll Box, so even our infrequent members see it and understand what's going on.

Just read the First Posting and Third Posting in this Topic.  Do online searches for suggested sites if you're looking for Disney information or travel guidance.  At the online Orlando Sentinel they seem to want you to join their site before you can click and read full news stories there, if it's about Disney and Central Florida tourist attractions it's probably worth it, so do it.  

God bless, thanks so much for visiting the site all these years, happy travels and may the fun and spirit of being a Disney fan enliven your life and bring you and family together.  :praying:   :pixiedust:  :waver:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:45 am Quote

Bumping up to be more current.  Read past posts.  Follow suggestions.  Thanks, and have a Disney day!   :pixiedust:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: May 16, 2013, 11:34 am Quote

So early in April 2013 I started this Topic, and just an update how the family is...

Son in high school is now a rising Junior.  He'll be in ACT college prep courses after school gets out for this summer and takes the ACT in June for the first time.  In Jr. year he'll be in Band, I'll be busy more active in the Band Boosters parent organization.  In Catholic faith he'll be Confirmed this fall.  In Boy Scouts his Eagle Project has met with first approval, needs a second district approval and then can move forward, hopefully to be done over this summer.

I ditched a car pool I had been in which helped transport other students at son's parochial boy's high school to and from the school from our part of the metro area.  Consequently I do a LOT of driving since it's far from home, at least one round trip daily, most times two round trips, a few days three round trips !  I participate in a Rosary Group of moms there, help with simple clerical tasks as needed (help with other parents to collate and assemble large mailings the school sends out) and fund-raising related things (collect auction items from our part of the metro area to deliver to the school volunteer office, or set up for fund-raisers such as tables, chairs, table cloths, displays, refreshment areas), and hospitality events (set up sodas, cups, ice, cookies, etc., and serve, then take down).  

I also am a volunteer prayer person at our church's 24 hour chapel and help as needed with Boy Scouts, although son is at the end of his career in that and in the near future work will be to help with his Eagle Scout project, attain the rank, and invite to a reception after he gets the rank.

Rich, my husband and the Site Admin here, posts to two Disney Echo feeds on Facebook regularly.  But with newer ways of communicating and reaching out he's found a niche in posting to Facebook and Twitter nowadays.  The chatty Disney guy is now Rich, seek him or Disney Echo out on Twitter or Facebook.  However no guarantees though that he'll 100% catch everything Disney news or info related that's going on either and repost or forward them.

There is so little activity here on Disney Echo, and my life is so busy, I do miss (meaning I overlook seeing it) a lot of Disney news that happens, but I don't miss (meaning looking longingly back at and wishing I could keep doing it) the compulsion to constantly hunt Disney news or info and post, post, post.  The trend was obvious after awhile, so I simply went with the trend.  Since I was first an online Disney fan in the late 1980's-early 1990's once thing I always noticed all these years:  People online simply migrate.  Always have, always will.  So really:  That this website had a heyday, a peak, and a slowdown, I'm OK with it as "usual and customary".  Not sad about it, not regretful over it...  It just is part of the ever changing nature of the Internet.  

I also regard most of the many members here, whether they used to log on multiple times daily or every several months or every few years, or only logged on for one trip planning session of a few weeks or months and never came back anyway, as adults.  If they had enough Internet savvy to find our site, they have enough Internet savvy to find some alternative places of info, news, travel guidance, fan community, etc.  

So....

Scroll up in this Topic.  See a white quote box with a date inside it of "2011"?  Yes, that is how long Disney Echo has been obviously, seriously slowing down member-wise.  OK... In that white quote box are suggestions that if you're an infrequent Disney Echo member coming in after several random months or several random years away and driving by and wondering "what's new".... In that white Quote Box are suggestions for alternative news, info, fan sites and paper guidebook resources for Disney news, info, travel guidance, and social networking or just finding another Disney fan sit to post and express you like Disney as much as you do.

Sorry our site's slow.  But take the suggestions in the Quote Box, try them out, trial and error, or one suggestion might lead to something else that's better or satisfying or helpful, or where to find new friends sharing what you also like in common.

And yes, "it's not the same as Disney Echo used to be", then again Disney Echo as it used to be had a certain group of people and certain individuals in it that made the site up... Not a computer or Internet connection or software or an operating system, but persons, people.  And those individuals and groups of people, frankly, left here for other sites, social networking, or whatever life had for them to do.  A lot of those people are findable on Facebook, send a Friend Request and tell 'em you remember them from the Disney Echo website and see if they'll allow a connection.  If not, then move on to other sites.  The sites I suggest in the Quote Box also have friendly devoted Disney fans who are always glad to greet someone new and talk to them.  Give those sites and chat areas a try.

:waver:  Take good care !  It is what it is.  Have a Disney day.  Good luck, God bless, keep the genuine "Disney Magic" and "Pixie Dust" alive, and sprinkle some around to the random folks you encounter who aren't having a good life and need some good cheer.  Spread that Magic around !

For the faith-based folks I do include "Disney Echo members in need of prayers" to prayer intentions, rosaries, etc.  You are remembered.  :praying:

:pixiedust:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 01, 2013, 3:30 pm Quote

Quote (CarolKoster @ April 04, 2013, 5:39 am)
[….]

Instead of Disney Echo:  See the Quote Box below.  There are suggestions for high quality alternative Disney fan and informational web sites there.  Check it out.  Any of these offers online Disney fans the news and info and social community to trip plan or meet new friends or chat buddies about current Disney news.

Yes it's originally written two years ago.  The slow down has been going on for nearly three years, actually.

Read first posting.

[....]

You can do this "looking it up" same as me.  We've always been proud and awestruck by our Disney Echo community helping each other out.  In that spirit I'll post the techniques and sites I recommend to look for Disney news and information.  

Try any of these:

Any Disney theme park published guidebook:  Birnbaum's Official Guide to WDW or Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line, Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial Guides to WDW or Disneyland, Passporter Guides to Open Mouse (special needs travelers to WDW) or WDW or Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line.  You can order these from any brick and mortar real world bookstore, or from online from any booksellers such as Amazon.com (see our link at the bottom of this page to order directly from Amazon.com through Disney Echo's link), Barnes & Noble.com, Books a Million.com, Borders.com.  You can order any of the Passporter guidebooks directly from the author's website

Disney.go.com (hey, Disney owns the theme parks and the Cruise Line, they have webpages galore, check 'em out ! )  Also for Disney products, movies, Investor Relations and Annual and quarterly reports, and webcasts of their annual shareholder meeting every early March..... Head to Disney online !  The Walt Disney Family Museum is part of this site too, via a link, and there is a lot here about the history of Disney and about Walt Disney, in case you're doing a school report.

Zagat Dining Guides to Southern California and Orlando, hear from those who've dined and rated eateries

Phoning directly Disney Central Reservations or Guest Services at the particular park or hotel you have questions about.  Disney owns it, after all, and their staffers are trained to answer questions.  You're doing business with Disney, after all, might as well work with them about inquiries, special needs, special plans to be made, etc.

Souvenirs you can buy ahead of time:  Go to DisneyStore.com and look under "categories" for Theme Parks.

Fan sites I recommend :

AllEarsNet.com : Deb Wills maintains this about WDW, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line.  Also is very active on Facebook and Twitter.

Orange County Register blog "Around Disney", updated daily or several times a week if anything is going on at Disneyland in California.  On news stories about Disney also read the Comments.

Orlando Sentinel sub-website "The Daily Disney".  Has columnists and daily news and features, also a chat forum.  Also read their Business section, Dining reviews, and their blog "Theme Park Rangers", they write about all the theme parks in Central Florida in that one.  On news stories about Disney or the Orlando competing theme parks also read the Comments.

Passporter :  Has a chat forum in support of their guidebooks, hear from fellow guidebook fans and maybe the authors and get updates you paste into your published guidebook.

AllEarsNet.com : Kept up to date all the time and it has a chat forum too, supports many aspects of trip planning for Disneyland, WDW and Disney Cruise Line and special needs Disney travelers.

MousePlanet.com :  Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions, look for Mark Goldhaber's posts about WDW.

MiceAge.com :  Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions, look for Kevin Yee's posts about WDW and Al Lutz' posts about Disneyland.

LaughingPlace.com Rely on their news, chat forums, and any Frequently Asked Questions.  Has a great news function.  The chat forums includes about WDW, but it's also a good place for Disneyland information.

Our Forums on Disney Echo are Moderated by people who have their own fan sites for certain Disney specialties.  For dining and trip planning look up our member ScottWDW, for Fort Wilderness Campground look up member Jeff Spencer.  In their signatures in past posts are links to their fan sites.  Click the links, explore around.  About Disneyland look at Disneygeek's signature and head to his fan site.  TVKirby on our site has a fan site listing TV shows about Disney parks and Disney Cruise Line.  Check his weekly postings about shows or click his link in his posting and visit his site, then tell your recording device or DVR about the show so you won't miss it, he moderates our Disney TV Forum.

The Mom's Panel for WDW at Disney.go.com .  Yearly Disney hires about ten women who are mothers and experienced WDW travelers with children.  These annual ten women are trained by Disney, then set to respond to posted queries at the Disney.go.com WDW Mom's Panel website Disney owns.  There is a "search" function on this chat forum.  Means you can "search" around as first attempt and find already asked-already answered questions about WDW and what it's like, what to expect, any questions.

[....]

In addition try "Like" "Become a Friend or Fan" of on Facebook the Orlando Sentinel and Orange County Register.  If very huge Disney park news is happening, those newspapers will post it in their newsfeeds.

There are lots of Disney fan sites.  The above are those I've personally had interactive with or have met in person people who operate them or post columns on them.  A few others I know of but you're on your own about interacting with them include, but are not limited to, WDW Info.com, The DIS Boards and others.

Non-Disney if you want reliable information about hotels at Orlando or at or near Disneyland my husband and I rely on TripAdvisor.com .  Plug in the name of the hotel, read the Comments.  Comments come from those who visited Disney but aren't necessarily huge Disney fans.  It's good to hear from fellow Disney fans how a hotel was, but also good to hear from more objective travelers, too.

Off-site from Disneyland my husband and I rely on and love the Candy Cane Inn adjacent to the park.  Read up on Trip Advisor and hotel comments at Disney fan site MousePlanet.com about the place.

[....]

And those are the places I would look up information for you.   I hope these places and techniques help in your learning more about Disney and working with them to enjoy their parks and movies.  

[....]

Thanks for visiting, great times online, for understanding the situation, and moving on to the sites mentioned in the Quote Box, use Google, Bing or Yahoo to find them, at Disney.com their "search" function in the theme park sections or Cruise Line section of their site, or Amazon.com to locate and purchase guide books.  

:bowdown:

Bumping up to make more current.  Disney Echo pretty much ISN'T being kept up to date anymore, a few things yes sometimes +/-, mostly we're no longer bothering.  So few people visit anymore in our new world of social media site alternatives.  In the Quote Boxes get suggestions on some ways to stay in the know about Disney.  Good luck, it's up to you, you're capable!  If you post, OK… but no guarantees your post will be replied to at all or timely… Just so you know.   :hearts:  :pixiedust:  :waver:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 10, 2013, 12:11 pm Quote

Read first posting.

[....]

Try any of these:

Fan sites I recommend :

[....]

[....]

[....]

If you need help with Disney trip planning, guidance, news, info consult the Quote Box for 100% sure-fire suggestions on good info and social media sources for any of that.

Disney Echo is NOT being kept up to date or newsy or chat provocative anymore.  The reason and rationale: So few people show up here any more, it's not worth it (amount of time and work for so few people).  Sorry if you were stopping by today for that purpose and it's been a long time since you visited.  It is how it is, though.  Sorry 'bout that….  

The Quote Box are my suggestions to you for alternative places to find Disney news, info, travel info and guidance, and social community.  Try all suggestions, see what works best of ryou, bookmark what works best.  Good luck!   :thumbsup:

If you do post to Disney Echo or explore it, just know the site is less frequented and not maintained info-wise.  I promise you as Disney grows, makes changes, improves with technology interactions for Guests, Disney Echo is more and more outdated and out of touch.  Info you find in existing topics on Disney Echo might be somewhat or very outdated.  If you want up-to-date Disney news, Info, travel guidance, chat community I recommend instead you check the suggestions in the Quote Box.  

If you DO go ahead and post or ask a question or reply to an existing topic, notice that all posts have a date, year, and time stamp in the upper left hand corners.  It might be you are adding to something several years old.  

Our site's slowdown and member and Moderator exodus was noticeable in 2011 (and actually before then, see the date in the Quote Box).  So hear me now, believe me later: If you post to very old Topics and no one replies or it's a long time before someone replies, you heard it here !  It's not news, it's old news, that this trend is happening.  Want better, quicker, newsy, informative, social community?  See the Quote Box and use any and all suggestions.

How are the Kosters other than that?

In Real Life Offline Rich works, I'm still a full-time housewife.  With son now done with ACT and ACT Prep classes, I finally have my chance to kick back for a few weeks of summertime slowdown and catch up to being a stay-at-home (literally, the car rarely moves for a change !;) mom.  Running household errands, going to church, and maybe when son's Eagle Scout project starts being done, I'll leave the house but other than that I can be that much less busy 'til late July hen band camp starts.

Teenage son's Eagle Scout project just got second approval, he took ACT for the first time last week, and we're disappointed with the Boy Scouts of America vote on May 23 to change admissions standards effective January 1, 2014.  However existing rules in Boy Scouts are you must exist the program by your 18th birthday anyway, and that occurs for son in January 2014 anyway.  We appreciate our 10-year ride in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, hope for son to finish it up honorably in the program, receive his rank, and we're done anyway while there is national fallout on both sides of issues involved (nobody's happy).  In addition to finishing up Eagle-related work, son's got to practice for the new high school Band halftime show (the sheet music of that before two summer Band camps) and start paperwork-homework for his Catholic sacrament of Confirmation later this year, classes begin at our parish in August.  So maybe a day or two of laying around for him, taking the ACT for him he said was stressful, and then he's got to get off his duff and get down to it!  If Boy Scout Eagle work or Confirmation prep or it's related homework collides with start of Band and junior year of high school it will be very busy for son, so time management when it's slower time of year is crucial to a less stressful school year.

These midwest US tornadoes and first tropical storm of the year, Andrea, are bothersome since June 1 is annual start to hurricane season.  One of my summer "to do list" items is to declutter and get rid of things we no longer need.  We live in a 'burb outside of New Orleans, hit by hurricane Katrina Aug. 29, 2005, and a lot of what we have now is going to be a mess to clean up should something similar happen in 2013 and out house is in the cross-hairs.  Dreading August-September, the busiest months of hurricane season, coincides with school starting, too.

In the year of Faith and Family in the Roman Catholic Church in 2013 we in our Archdiocese are encouraged to go on local pilgrimages to local designated churches or shrines to pray, meditate on our faith, and deepen out faith.  Saturday while son slaved away on his ACT I visited the National Shrine of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, CssR, a Redemptorist priest who died in New Orleans after only being here a year, Oct. 4, 1867, during a Yellow Fever epidemic.  He was an outstanding priest while here, locally and even nationally renown in his time, and credited for healing miracles.  Just one more certified miracle approved by the Vatican, and this priest will be an official Saint of the Catholic church.  His final priestly assignment church is incredibly old and beautiful, in the Irish Channel neighborhood near downtown New Orleans.  If you're in the city visiting and are of a spiritual-faith based nature seeing St. Mary's Assumption Church, 919 Josephine Street, is well worth your time, always fun to see the little tourism hidden corners gems of a city in addition to the bright bold sights a tourism book would point out.  Even if you're not Catholic.  Just Google or Bing or Yahoo Blessed Father Francis Xavier Seelos and the National Shrine will indeed pop up.  It was the first time I ever visited this place, even in New Orleans a bit of travel planning effort is needed to drive there, but it's absolutely worth it.  A few blocks away is one of the quaint shopping-dining-adult beverage watering holes streets of New Orleans, famous Magazine Street, easy walking distances, short blocks.  In daylight=safety.  Multi-star rated dining and fun shopping, particularly for the ladies for clothes and shoes.  Not touristy like the French Quarter is, but more trendy, hip oriented.

Do Rich or I miss being busy on Disney Echo, do we wish the "old days" could return?  It was special here, and that this site existed is responsible for people who never would have met each other or connected to each other to become very serious great friends, not just limited to online but in Real Life, they meet up in person periodically in the US a lot and enjoy seeing each other and have for years.  But I am grateful for the slowdown of this site, in a way.  It's busy in Real Life Offline and with a slowing site, the Moderators have moved on, it's for the best we all just admit Disney Echo's busy heyday days are behind it, and we just move on and do what's best for our family offline.  It was a good time here.  We're still Disney fans, we just look up for our own respite in a busy day when we can now, still are fans, plan to see "Monsters University", "The Lone Ranger" and the Tom Hanks movie about Walt Disney bringing Mary Poppins" to the silver screen in December 2013.  

Our members can use Google, Bing, Yahoo and the Quote Box suggestions and find tons of Disney news, info, community, all up to date and fresh, elsewhere.

Have fun doing whatever it is you and your family plan to do this summer.  

Our son's Eagle Scout project is subject to when low tide is, however, and also subject to weather (it's clearing out damaged pieces of a boardwalk over a marshland from a state park that was hit by hurricane Isaac last summer, low tide means can get to the pieces to dig or fish them out better in shallow water, and weather or lack of weather means no rain, thunderstorms or tropical weather systems are going on to postpone the project). Due to the project and Band camps, we have no plans to do our own family vacations this year.  But we're also not quite up to receiving company.  Rich works nights and weekends, and when tidal and weather conditions are right, and others including most adult men willing to help are off on weekends, we gotta get son's Eagle project done, finished and out of the way.  

So if you might be visiting the New Orleans area and want to meet up, please don't be offended or taking it personally if we don't meet up… We've got stuff happening in our family coinciding perhaps with your visit this summer or upcoming school year, and we gotta get it done for son's sake.  A busy summer and school year is ahead of us.  Visit the city particularly the gem that is the National Shrine of Fr. Seelos near intriguing Magazine Street in Irish Channel, 919 Josephine Street.

For the annual Disney Echo Summer Challenge, a bit of volunteer work we offer our Members to do, even though our site is less busy you're not off the hook about that!  See a recently bumped up updated Topic about praying for all Disney Echo members….  Basically do a Random Act of Disneyesque Kindness towards someone you encounter.  If you're in the Parks, be helpful and guiding to a fellow Guest, or bend over backwards to be extra special patient with fellow Guests if they are low-information Disney Park or Cruise visitors, seem stupid or ill-informed about Disney or stupid and ill-informed about basic courtesies towards fellow visitors, or even if they haven't exactly used deodorant that day.  Or on alternative Disney fan sites than ours extend the "each one, help one" culture Disney Echo used to be so famous for, and for each kindness, welcoming, and helpfulness offered to you as a new user at these alternative fan sites offer it up to someone new when you can.  If asked "Gee you're nice!" then reply you learned the "each one, help one" technique from a beloved fan site that faded out but you want to keep it's culture alive and bloom where you're planted and spread the world with Disney Pixie Dust.  

:thumbsup:  :pixiedust:  :thumbsup:

Take care, thanks for reading and understanding, follow the suggestions in the Quote Box for Disney news, info, travel guidance and social community, and do a Disneyesque Random Act of Disney Kindness towards someone you encounter.  Not too hard to do!

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company, M-I-C, seeya real soon, K-E-Y, why? Because we do like you, but our site's so slow nowadays hardly anyone here anymore, so consult the Quote Box to move on and get community, news and answers, happy trails to you, M-O-U-S-E!  Keep us in your prayers, and know even though the site's slow we tuck our site members into prayers too.  God bless.  Take care!

:waver:  :bowling:  :mickey:  :hearts:  :beer:  :flag:  :praying:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 21, 2013, 11:23 am Quote

Scroll back in this Topic.

Rich Koster the Site Admin here and I are LESS ACTIVE in keeping this site ongoing updated, newsy, informative.  

I made a decision effective April 1, 2013 (and not related to April Fool's Day ) to step back from very active involvement on this site.  

Sometimes if Disney news-of-the-day is "all exciting" I might post news, a link, opinions of it.  Or might not!  It's based on whatever whim I have at the time or if I even have time at the time.  Whatever.

BUT if you are looking for up-to-the-minute news, info, chat, travel news about Disney you won't find it anymore on Disney Echo and cannot rely on me to be the one posting it.  Our formerly very frequently logging on members, our former Moderators, have all moved on, too, to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, the new social networking website of the date wherever that may be, etc. etc. etc.  You're on your own, kiddos!

So…..

Here's the surefire way to have you help yourself, easy, not hard!  

So……

Go to this link.  Read around.  It will let you know what Disney Echo's status is.  It will let you know some suggestions for other sites that have Disney news, information, travel advice, fan forums to chat in, fellow online fans to talk you through trip planning, and more, and guide books, too.  Suggestions appearing in Quote Boxes are very reliable.  Bookmark what works best for you for your own future Disney-related reference.  

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....61;st=0

Questions you might post here or Comments you post to past Topics on Disney Echo are NOT GUARANTEED to be answered by anyone.  And since Rich and I are no longer keeping our site newsy a lot of Topics about Disney parks and Cruise Line are now YEARS OLD !  Very old, dated, not useful especially since Disney itself is implementing technology and interactivity to aid their park and ship guests…. Here on Disney Echo we're just not keeping up with that for so few people who log on anymore.  It's a lot of work we can't afford the time for anymore.

Real Life Offline is starting to gear up in advance of a busy school year for our teenage son, and as the parent available on weekday business days and evenings to help son through it it's not reliable I will be on Disney Echo much for this summer or this school year after the date I post this update about my status here.  It is what it is.

We are also tentatively planning to go on our first family trip together to Europe (northern Italy and in Germany) accompanying our son's High School Band in an every-two-years exchange trip with a similar Catholic Jesuit high school in Germany.  Out school goes there to perform and tour, then they come here to New Orleans a few months later to tour our part of the US and perform.  It is not Disney-related, and none of us in the family have been to Europe though together we've visited Nassau and Castaway Cay, Bahamas on Disney Cruise Line and I've visited Western Canada with my late parents on car driving trips when we lived in California for a few years when I was a teenager.  No plans this trip to visit Disneyland Paris !  But we get to experience it with our son, and that's important.  And pricy!  The trip is next June-July 2014 in our son's summer before senior year of high school.  Rich and I haven't had a vacation since Summer 2010 before son started at this high school and it was a few months prior to our 30th wedding anniversary.  It's a guided itinerary, so some planning is done for us since it's essentially educational youth group travel.  Yet we do need to get educated as adults what to expect, expenses, what weather to expect, costs, costs, costs….  You know the drill...

So we're preoccupied in Real Life Offline, busy !  We have our own trip planning to do !  

So….

Use that link above Disney Echo members who need travel help, trust me, read it, use suggestions, bookmark suggestions that work for you.  :thumbsup:

It's been a pleasure, one of those "labors of love" times in my life.  The people online in Disney fan circles are kind, generous, sweet, helpful.  Many people made good friends they still keep in touch with on Facebook or in Real Life having met here on Disney Echo.  Hearts and hugs to all of our Members and Moderators !   God bless you always, and may the spirit of Walt Disney infuse your life with Pixie Dust and an affection for the many entertainments and travel places he had anything directly to do with !

:hearts:   :pixiedust:   :praying:   :WaltDisney:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 21, 2013, 12:12 pm Quote

Quote (JCricket @ April 04, 2013, 3:49 am)
I'm very sorry Carol.  But I understand where you're coming from.  I check you out every day, but people now are on Facebook and Twitter more.
You have had a great site for a long time, and I, for one, will  miss all of the fun that was in the past.  I guess the old adage is true: time marches on, and things change.

Best of luck.

JCricket looks in on Disney Echo to try to catch the many infrequently logging on folks and answer questions for them.

We appreciate JCricket for this labor of love and volunteering in this way.

But even with his help:

It's NOT ASSURED that he or anyone will see anything you post.

And he's not keeping our site updated…. He's just spotting infrequent members, is all, and helping with that.

:clapping:  :bowdown:

I get it with "some people" old habits die hard and they expect online to post a question and expect others to answer it by doing the work-chore of going to Google, Bing or Yahoo and entering search terms.

But it's a new day on Disney Echo.  Frankly, we all big boys, big girls, now and Disney Echo members and drive-by's can put in the tad bit of extra effort to look things up themselves.  Yes you can !  

The suggestions in Quote Boxes at this link :

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....61;st=0

….are 100% reliable to guide you in looking up excellent sources of Disney news, information, travel news, and online social communities.  Bookmark whatever seems best, most reliable, for your future Disney reference for future trips, questions you have, etc.

Do it yourself !  Frankly it's a new day here on Disney Echo, and this is now what we expect our members to do.  

Thanks JCricket, for your kind help !

:thumbsup:  :pixiedust:
Profile PM
42 replies since April 03, 2013, 6:48 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Carol Koster Stepping Back From Disney Echo 4/1/13
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement