Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Goofy Decor?, decorating with Goofy in mind< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BigGoofyGuy Offline
Tom Lee Mullins

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 27, 2006, 2:02 pm Quote

I am a fan of Disney's Goofy. What would be some good ideas in a decorating a room or a house of rooms in the Goofy style?  :confused:  :help:

Inquring minds want to know.  :coolgrin:

I have some Goofy items as part of my collection. I also collect Coca Cola items. Now if I can get some that ar both Coca Cola and Goofy, it would be awesome.  :love:

:bowdown:

--------------
**BigGoofyGuy***
I am big, I like Goofy and I am a Guy.:)  
MyDisneyGoofyPage
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
tiggermom Offline
Barbara

Posted: Oct. 27, 2006, 6:22 pm Quote

My DH is a goofy fan to and we have so much goofy stuff but we haven't done any decorating around it just added him to our rooms of disney things. :)  I never really see anything to use for goofy decor.

--------------
Tiggermom

Bounce, Bounce right in to the world of Disney!!

Profile PM AOL MSN
SueDee Offline
Susan

Posted: Oct. 27, 2006, 6:34 pm Quote

Have you looked at the Disney paint colors at Home Depot?  I think they have some little brochures with photos at the store display.  That might give you some ideas.

Sounds like you could come up with some kind of an interesting retro look with your Coke and Goofy collectibles.

Let us know how it goes!

--------------

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

Feb. 07: Visited Mickey!
Profile PM
BigGoofyGuy Offline
Tom Lee Mullins

Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:17 pm Quote

I will definitely check Home Depot. I still have a lot of cleaning to do but will take photos when it is done. Thanks.  :coolgrin:

--------------
**BigGoofyGuy***
I am big, I like Goofy and I am a Guy.:)  
MyDisneyGoofyPage
Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:15 am Quote

Disney decor:  At the link see "Create your own".  Scroll down as of 05/16/13 at the full sized Aurora/Sleeping Beauty graphic they've already done that is for sale to get an idea of doing a Goofy, or other, Disney graphic as room wall decor.

http://www.fathead.com

Disney wall paint colors and color matching:

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Disney-Color-Matches/98.htm

Try also paint departments at:  Home Depot, Lowe's and Wal-Marts.  They have officially licensed Disney paints by major paint companies.  You should be able now to bring color samples to most paint stores (even Sherwin-Williams, Pittsburgh Paints, and similar) and get colors close to the ones Disney uses for any character or color palette in favorite movies or cartoons.  

Accent with solid color pillows, draperies or shades or blinds, carpeting or area rugs, solid color lamp bases, major furniture such as couches or side chairs.  If you need help coordinating, hire a professional decorator, consult your area Better Business Bureau online or join Angie's List.com for referrals.

Let the Goofy Fathead mural be the sole focal point that looks major and "busy looking", decorate around it and in the room with solid colors tying into some of the minor colors Goofy has associated with him, and you'll have yourself a Goofy fan room to enjoy.

Good luck.

Welcome back after a few years.   :waver:   While you were gone Disney Echo has evolved and part of the usual and customary migration of population on the Internet has moved on to social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and other sites and perhaps other more busy Disney fan sites.  Consequently our site is much less busy, frequented, added to, consulted, etc. than in the more active days you might remember, BigGoofyGuy (and others who used to log on infrequently even in better times.)

I created this Topic for those who return back to this site who are infrequent members revisiting to read.  It offers alternative, sure-fire, guaranteed, sources for Disney news, information, travel guidance, fan information, fan online community.  Mosey over to this Topic:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=17661

Take a look, try any and all links and suggestions, take what you need, leave the rest.  In this way Disney Echo does continue to help it's members, but it's more like guided suggestions and it's up to our members to do the rest and see what works for them/you.  All suggestions are to actively maintained sites and sources and sure-fire to supply answers, guidance and actively engaged online Disney fan community.

Posting here is no longer guaranteed to get you much interactivity or response.  The former frequent daily or multiple times daily folks have moved on.  If you want to respond to Topics that are 3-7 years old as you did this week that's fine, but just know Disney Echo is mainly dormant in 2013.  If, for instance, you post to Disney Echo Goofy home decor photos after you get it done, you'll be doing so to a mostly ghost town website.  You might enjoy more going to fan websites and social media where more people can share that type of fan fun with you.  Just sayin'....  

My husband Rich and I have also mainly moved on, he's working, and I am raising a busy teenager.  Here's my stepping back, with the same referral link to alternative Disney related ways to look up Disney news, info and community:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=18031

My suggestion is to try the suggestions at the links.  

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the Goofy-themed room decorating.    :thumbsup:  :waver:  :bdaycakegang:  This last Mick-Emoticon is one of the few in the site's archives that has Goofy in it for you.  :)  Best wishes, good luck!
Profile PM
4 replies since Oct. 27, 2006, 2:02 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Goofy Decor?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement