Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: AppleTV beams your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to TV< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Sep. 17, 2010, 4:44 pm Quote

Everything can be beamed to your AppleTV via AirPlay from other Apple devices including any video from Facebook, YouTube, Netflix, Videos, BBC News, MLB and really anything else you can watch on your iOS device. That also includes videos built into Apps and magazine subscriptions, too. 

Article.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Sep. 17, 2010, 4:49 pm Quote

AirPlay is the sleeper feature of AppleTV that will make it big! Who needs to access the Internet through your TV when instead you can do it through your iPhone, iPad or iPad touch? Apps and your own music, videos and movies can be controlled directly from your Apple device and their music/video sent wirelessly to your TV. Genius!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Disney Vacation Club, iPhones, iPads, and iPods modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Sep. 17, 2010, 8:30 pm Quote

it's going to be cool once iOS 4.2 rolls out.  :)

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Disney Vacation Club forum and  iPhones, iPads, and iPods forum modEARator

Disney Resorts I've Stayed In: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Village Resort (Vacation Villas), The Disney Inn (AKA Shades of Green/Golf Resort), Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort , Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Profile PM
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Posted: Sep. 27, 2010, 10:01 am Quote

Mine has been shipped with an estimated delivery date of September 30!  Woo hoo!

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Disney Resorts I've Stayed In: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Village Resort (Vacation Villas), The Disney Inn (AKA Shades of Green/Golf Resort), Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort , Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Sep. 28, 2010, 12:24 pm Quote

Apple's free Remote app has been updated. It enables iOS users to control iTunes and their Apple TV.

Features include:
- Designed for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
- Optimized for Retina displays and large screen real estate on iPad
- Support for Shared Libraries on iTunes and new Apple TV
- Bug fixes and compatibility with iTunes 10 and the new Apple TV
- Use your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad keyboard for Apple TV search entry

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
JPG Offline
Patrick

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28, 2010, 2:54 pm Quote

Quote (eddie_valiant @ Sep. 27, 2010, 9:01 am)
Mine has been shipped with an estimated delivery date of September 30!  Woo hoo!

Good deal Eddie. I can't wait to hear your thoughts once you play with it a little. I am very interested in the new Apple TV!

--------------
Pat

FW-WDW August 2006
FW-WDW August 2007
FW-WDW July/August 2008
POP Century-WDW November 2008
FW-WDW June 2009
Profile PM
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Posted: Sep. 29, 2010, 10:18 am Quote

The last update from FedEx states that it's in Anchorage, Alaska and the activity is 'Int'l shipment release.'

The delivery still says tomorrow.  So, we'll see.  I signed a form to allow FedEx to put it at my door.

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Profile PM
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Posted: Oct. 01, 2010, 10:09 am Quote

Well, my AppleTV is set up.  The HDMI cable and power strip that I needed cost as much as the darn AppleTV.

It was pretty easy to set up and we were playing with it last night.  Watched some YouTube videos and previewed movies.  Didn't rent any movies yet.  They had a selection of Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies, so that may be in our future.  :)

I used home sharing to share my music and video library and played some songs from my laptop computer.  My Denon AVR has HDMI inputs, so I don't need the AppleTV's optical audio out.

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Oct. 02, 2010, 5:23 pm Quote

Quote (eddie_valiant @ Oct. 01, 2010, 9:09 am)
The HDMI cable and power strip that I needed cost as much as the darn AppleTV.

The next time you need cables of any king, including power cables, check out monoprice.com. They are famous for how low in price but high in quality their cables are. I've used them myself with great satisfaction.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
JPG Offline
Patrick

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 23, 2010, 4:31 am Quote

Ok, I couldn't wait any longer and ordered my Apple TV tonight!!   I have been wanting it so I just gave in and did it. Come on delivery guy!

And I agree Rich, you can not beat Monoprice!!

--------------
Pat

FW-WDW August 2006
FW-WDW August 2007
FW-WDW July/August 2008
POP Century-WDW November 2008
FW-WDW June 2009
Profile PM
12 replies since Sep. 17, 2010, 4:44 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: AppleTV beams your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to TV
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement