Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: More power for iPhone 4, with or without a case< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 26, 2010, 1:29 pm Quote

My wife and I loved using our mophie juice pack air devices with our iPhone 3GSs. It was a protective case with an extra iPhone battery built in to its back, which connected to the iPhone's 30-pin connector automatically when you put the case around it.

The problem was that it made the iPhone much larger and heavier than other cases (or using it without a case).

But we grew to depend on having the reserve battery power whenever our iPhone 3GS was getting low on power and there wasn't an electrical outlet nearby to recharge.

And the problem with recharging the iPhone by plugging it into an electrical outlet is that you then have to stay there and wait for it to charge.

The mophie juice pack allowed you to keep using your iPhone while it recharged the iPhone's battery and not being tied down to staying near the electrical outlet.

When the iPhone 4 came out I immediately tried in vain to see if it would fit into my mophie juice pack that was designed for iPhone 3GS. No, it didn't fit. Sadness.

So, I've been looking forward to a new mophie that can be used with iPhone 4.

Today I see a new section on the mophie website.

Something new has been added! Two things, actually, but I don't  want to get ahead of myself...

The fabulous thing about the iPhone 4 is that it is the thinnest cellphone in the world. It also looks very stylish. So do you really want to cover that up with a much wider and thicker case? Hmmm, what to do...

What mophie decided to do was to create a plug-in battery which has new technology that recharges your iPhone battery faster than before... twice as fast as any other charger out there. Not being a case, it works with any iPhone -- and, as a bonus, any iPad as well!

There are two models of the new mophie charger -- or actually, there will be soon. They've been announced, but as of now they are "coming soon." The smaller one has less of a charge than the larger-sized one, naturally, as well as a slightly lower price.

The juice pack reserve costs $39.95 and includes Quick Charge, 1000 mAh External Battery for iPod & iPhone.

The juice pack boost costs $59.95 and includes Quick Charge, 1000 mAh External Battery for iPod & iPhone.

And both of them also have a retractable 30-pin connector and a super-bright LED flashlight! Now when the iPhone 4 needs more battery charge, the juice pack reserve or juice pack boost will be connected to the iPhone's bottom connector and the iPhone's battery will be recharged very quickly. And while it is being recharged, the iPhone will still be able to be used. Once the battery is back to 100%, remove the mophie -- and it is ready to be left to charge by itself at an AC outlet so that it will be ready to recharge your iPhone at a later time.

I think I'll be ordering from mophie.com soon!
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 29, 2010, 11:40 am Quote

The juice pack reserve is now available to have shipped to you for $39.95 and free shipping. I've just ordered one, hoping that it will be large enough to recharge by iPhone 4 battery. The larger juice pack boost still says "coming soon" and while it has enough power to recharge an iPhone or an iPad, it would be larger in my pocket and it costs a bit more.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 29, 2010, 11:45 am Quote

I found a 5% off coupon code here, entered it and saved $2.00 off my mophie order!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 30, 2010, 1:35 pm Quote

And if you don't get the mophie, check out the Power EZ Plus:

PowerEZ Plus provides power boost, kickstand for iPhone 4

By Steven Sande, The Unofficial Apple Weblog

June 30, 2010

f you're a power user like our very own Erica Sadun, you may have already run into that situation where your iPhone 4 burns through a full charge and leaves you high and dry. Sure, you can use any number of external battery packs that use a Dock Connector dongle, but maybe you want a pack that isn't a unitasker.

KONNET Technology released the PowerEZ Plus today, which not only provides extra power to just about any iPhone or iPod touch device -- including the iPhone 4 -- but also includes a retractable kickstand for watching movies in landscape mode, much like the stand on the back of the new Droid X.

The 1000mAh PowerEZ Plus retails for US$29.99 and won't take up a lot of space in your pocket or bag. It's just .5" thick, and plugs into the bottom of your device. When you want to do some hands-off video viewing, just pop out the stand. There are four LEDs to tell you the charging level of the pack, and a recharge can be done by connecting the included USB charge/sync cable to the computer of your choice.

The PowerEZ Plus also has Smart Charging technology built-in to ensure that charging stops when your device's battery is topped off. Starting this Friday, KONNET is giving away a couple of PowerEZ Plus packs on their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KONNET. We're going to try to getting a few of the packs for giveaways as well.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 03, 2010, 1:08 am Quote

Quote (RichKoster @ June 29, 2010, 10:40 am)
The juice pack reserve is now available to have shipped to you for $39.95 and free shipping. I've just ordered one, hoping that it will be large enough to recharge by iPhone 4 battery. The larger juice pack boost still says "coming soon" and while it has enough power to recharge an iPhone or an iPad, it would be larger in my pocket and it costs a bit more.

My juice pack reserve arrived today and I've been using it.

I'd recommend either getting the bigger/more expensive juice pack model or holding off to see if mophie winds up making a combination case/battery like they do for older iPhone models because here is what I found in my tests: After I purposely drained my iPhone 4 battery down to 0 and making sure the mophie juice pack reserve was fully charged, I plugged it into my iPhone 4...

After 32 minutes the mophie was fully drained of power and my iPhone 4 had only been charged back up to 39%.

Better than nothing, but not as much as I expected.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 06, 2010, 2:10 pm Quote

Quote (RichKoster @ July 03, 2010, 12:08 am)
Quote (RichKoster @ June 29, 2010, 10:40 am)

My juice pack reserve arrived today and I've been using it.

I'd recommend either getting the bigger/more expensive juice pack model or holding off to see if mophie winds up making a combination case/battery like they do for older iPhone models because here is what I found in my tests: After I purposely drained my iPhone 4 battery down to 0 and making sure the mophie juice pack reserve was fully charged, I plugged it into my iPhone 4...

After 32 minutes the mophie was fully drained of power and my iPhone 4 had only been charged back up to 39%.

Better than nothing, but not as much as I expected.

I just received this word from mophie about the charging issue:

"Anytime the iPhone battery depletes below 20%, it requires additional incoming charge resulting in a less than efficient charge.  Try turning on your JP Reserve before the iPhone battery depletes below 20% for better results."

I will try seeing how much charge my mophie juice pack reserve will give to my iPhone 4 when the iPhone 4's battery is at 21% or above and let y'all know how much the mophie brings up the iPhone's battery level then.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 06, 2010, 2:23 pm Quote

Good news from mophie! "We're currently working on a JuicePack Air for the iPhone 4, it should be available very soon.  Keep checking mophie.com..."

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 12, 2010, 9:07 pm Quote

The first rechargeable battery case for iPhone 4 also solves the dreaded death grip issue by Exogear.

It will be available in white or black. I think it looks better than mophie's iPhone 3GS case!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Sep. 09, 2010, 12:31 pm Quote

Mophie releases Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4 - Article - I loved the version my old iPhone 3GS had and will be getting this. The mophie has the same amount of extra battery as the Exogear, better styling, and $10 lower price. :thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
8 replies since June 26, 2010, 1:29 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: More power for iPhone 4, with or without a case
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement