Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: iPhone Disney Echo Edition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scottwdw Offline
Scott Thomas

Disney Dining & Planning ModEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: June 20, 2007, 3:43 pm Quote

Yep, all of geekdom and Apple lovers are going nuts over the iPhone, including me, who loves all things Apple.  However, even I think Mr. Jobs is a little nuts with the selling price even if it does have the neatness iPod screen ever produced.  I think I will wait for a bit and see if the price gets cut in the future.  I'm a AT&T mobile customer already so I don't have to wait or buy out an existing contract either.

BTW, Apple says they will be allowing people to develop apps for the iPhone so a button like Rich dreams of may yet be possible.  :laugh:

--------------
Scottwdw
Sorcerer of the Planning Strategy Calculator for Disney Reservations Website
Disney Dining & Planning forum ModEARator
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 20, 2007, 6:38 pm Quote

Well, I've been monitoring the Apple iPhone website to see if any more details are added every day.

They've just filled in the missing button (so it is three complete rows of buttons on top, not with the empty space any longer) and the missing application is a button that takes you directly to YouTube and plays YouTube videos on a special player designed for the iPhone.

But you're probably right about a special thing someone could write to get directly to the Disney Echo, Scott. After all, with its Safari web browser and internet access built into the phone, one could at least make a favorite for the Disney Echo -- and perhaps even instruct the Safari browser to have http://DisneyEcho.emuck.com as its home page. That would mean one press of the Safari web browser button would instantly take you to the Echo.

I could live with that. :thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 22, 2007, 8:51 am Quote

A fifth commercial is heavily running now on cable/satellite channels:  Apple added a new, dedicated button, that takes you straight to....

Not Disney Echo.  :cry:

But YouTube.com!  

We all want to go straight to YouTube whenever we want, right?

To the good, for us Disney fans, there are Disney theme park videos you can look up over there, a lot of them the home video snippets of others' vacations.  But there are others, too.  Just play with Disney or Disney related keywords, look up, try it out now to get the hang of it so you'll be ready when the time comes.

To the not so good, Disney and other studios are workingn with YouTube for intellectual property violations of those posting copyrighted videos on the online service.  Good for Disney and other studios to protect their rights, but for us who want to look up anything anytime maybe it's restricting to not have such wide-ranging access to non-public domain stuff.

And AT & T announces the pricing plans for iPhones will be announced June 29, same day as roll out.  And that anyone who wants an iPhone can have an iPhone (as long as they pay for an iPhone up front, heh, no freebies) but the most supply will go to geographic areas where iPods sell best.  AT & T has been testing cell service on these things, too, going all over the place to buildings, cities, 'burbs, rural countryside, to test the signal quality and work out bugs.

Two Cingular/AT & T stores in our area (greater New Orleans) plan to have armed security guards from 6-10 pm June 29, when Apple/AT & T starts demonstrating and selling these iPhones.  If you have a curiousity factor about them, be aware of possible traffic and parking problems.  These iPhones will also be sold online at licensed Apple retailers.

Maybe they can come up with an iPhone version X.0 so that you can dedicate a virtual button on the thing to go where you want to go, any website or use.  Or load iPhone versions of commercial software on it so you can work and be productive on it.
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 22, 2007, 9:49 am Quote

The technical reason why they had to have a dedicated button for playing YouTube videos, rather than seeing them straight from the YouTube website directly is:
  • iPhone's YouTube application is a special player designed for iPhone to skip the large-formatted web pages the normal site has and displays the videos with less clutter.
  • iPhone does not support (by design) Flash animations, which is what YouTube videos are (so I hear).
  • The videos are being re-formatted specifically for the iPhone to use the new Apple video format the iPhone uses, so they will appear better looking and load/play faster than from the web directly.
  • Steve Jobs made a special deal with YouTube.
The answer is all of the above. LOL

Quote (CarolKoster @ June 22, 2007, 7:51 am)
Maybe they can come up with an iPhone version X.0 so that you can dedicate a virtual button on the thing to go where you want to go, any website or use.

It uses the Safari web browser, which allows for bookmarks which can display in a list or in a horizontal bar at the top of the browser. So the Disney Echo website and your other fave places on the net can be saved that way and jumped to quickly using those bookmarks and bookmark buttons inside Safari.
 :coolgrin:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 24, 2007, 11:50 am Quote

Anyone on Disney Echo really and truly gonna go out and get an iPhone, if not on June 29, 2007 then "maybe someday" ?
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 25, 2007, 2:59 pm Quote

Quote (CarolKoster @ June 24, 2007, 10:50 am)
Anyone on Disney Echo really and truly gonna go out and get an iPhone, if not on June 29, 2007 then "maybe someday" ?

:waver: Depending on what AT&T rates are (we know how much the iPhone itself will cost for the two models of it) we'll be buying either one or two of them now.
:nod:

I'm looking forward to it so much I've made a new Disney Echo iPhone avatar that I'm using -- and all can use if they'd like, from "Your MouseControl Panel" in the Disney Avatars section.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 26, 2007, 3:17 pm Quote

I've added a countdown clock until we get our iPhone!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: June 26, 2007, 3:27 pm Quote

I've been waiting for this phone for over 6 months.  I would love to get one, but I need to see it and touch it first.  I thought I would LOVE the Razr until I had it in my hands.

I haven't checked the ATT/Cingular store near me yet to see if they had one on display.  I'd also hate to spend $500 on a phone  :uhoh: , but the "geek" in me may take over.
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 26, 2007, 4:44 pm Quote

Beth, they have a large video screen on display and some posters, but you'll have to wait until 7 pm 6 pm local time this Friday to touch it. Nothing "real" on display yet. FedEx delivers the first iPhones to stores nationwide this Friday between 4 pm and 5 pm local time (in each time zone).

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: June 26, 2007, 5:01 pm Quote

Thanks Rich.  Guess I'll be stopping Friday night/ Saturday morning.
Profile PM
87 replies since June 10, 2007, 12:28 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: iPhone Disney Echo Edition
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement