Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: I'm planning a Disney Wedding!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
FireflyGirl Offline
Kami

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 01, 2004, 8:05 pm Quote

Hi everyone!  I can see this forum isn't very active, but I am planning a custom wedding at Sea Breeze Point at the BoardWalk on April 4, 2004.  We will be staying at BWI until the wedding, and then honeymooning for 9 days at the Polynesian!  I have tons and tons of info on Disney Weddings and would be happy to share them with anyone who is interested.  Have a great day!

--------------

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 02, 2004, 11:34 am Quote

I was married on Sept. 8, 01, but not at WDW. My younger sister, however, is planning a WDW honeymoon for Oct/Nov '04. Now given her current rate/pace of wedding/honeymoon planning, I can't honestly say I know she'll be able to pull this off successfully (honeymoon maybe, wedding, not so sure), although she is planning a very small, informal wedding. Originally she wanted to get married at WDW too, but I think when I did a financial breakdown for her she was a little more hesitant. Plus she liked the trade off of a few more people being able to attend if she kept the affair local. I am both sad and relieved about this. Sad because I wanted an excuse to go to WDW, relieved because we really can't afford it, it would've been tough with a then 1-yr-old, and we would have been doing a lot of childcare of my niece also, who will be 2 at that time... So, like you, her plan was to marry at Boardwalk, but now she plans to stay there for the honeymoon. Any tips or info you have discovered are most welcome, and I will share them with my sister. We, likely, will not go down to WDW until our son is a little older. 2006 is looking likely. Good news is, I can make my ressies next year, about a year and a half from now. Unless we have an exceptionally mature 2-yr-old, in which case we can go earlier!

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
FireflyGirl Offline
Kami

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 02, 2004, 3:29 pm Quote

Hi Julie!  Congrats on your wedding!  Planning is super stressful.  Getting married at WDW can be pricey, but if you live in a major city then the costs will come out fairly similar.  One of the main reasons we are having it at WDW is so that it doesn't become a big affair!  The BoardWalk Inn is such a nice romantic hotel, definitely in one of the best parts of WDW.

--------------

Profile PM
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 02, 2004, 5:58 pm Quote

Congradulations from me too! We had a disney reception at our wedding, and it was really nice. Used a mckey and minnie ceramic figurine for the cake topper! Took extra support, but it made it very nice.

I have also stayed at the Boardwalk before, and you will love the convience to all of the venues located by the water. Be sure to try out Jellyrolls, and remember that you have water transportation to not only EPCOT, but also the Dis./MGM studios!

Be sure to try out the rollercoaster water slide once for me! :)

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
FireflyGirl Offline
Kami

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 02, 2004, 6:07 pm Quote

Thanks Eric!  We are using a white chocolate Cinderella Castle cake topper.  It's gorgeous.  And Mickey is gonna make an appearance to help us cut the cake! :) I definitely want to try out the keister coaster, its the cutest water slide I've ever seen!

--------------

Profile PM
ladymarganne Offline
Maggie

ModEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 11:51 am Quote

For those of you who are dreaming of a Disney wedding, but don't think you can afford it...here's an answer for a small intimate wedding of under 10 people. It isn't advertised, but you can book a 1 or 2 day stay at any resort....I'd suggest the YC or the GF for this, and have the ceremony in your room...on the balcony. You would bring your own officiate and can order wine and cheese from room service or bring your own. You can also order a wedding cake from Disney or buy one at Publix or Walmart and put your own M&M cake topper on it, too! Make your own wedding invitations/announcements and favors or order some. Say you're a Florida resident or AP holder...then you can get a great room with a discount, and even if you do have to pay rack rate of approx $350 for one night, plus those few extra touches, it's still much less expensive than the *traditional* $10,000 that Disney charges. If anyone needs any help with this, just send me an email!  ladymarganne@the-beach.net
And, if you'd like to take a peek at our first wedding, just click here....but please remember that these pics...... and us...are 20 years old!
www.ladymarganne.com/wed_001.htm
:pixiedust:

--------------
Maggie / ladymarganne
modEARator emEARitus

http://www.ladymarganne.com/florida_001.htm
If you're looking to buy your dream home in Florida ... check it out! I've been a licensed real estate agent in Florida for over 25 years and love Orlando homes!
Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
FireflyGirl Offline
Kami

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 12:07 pm Quote

If you're wanting a small wedding like that, personally I would book the room seperately and then call FTW and tell them you want to book an intimate add-on.  It's for up to 8 guests and costs about $1000 or so and includes floral, cake, officiant, and a champagne toast.  And you can do it at one of their wedding sites.  Much more of a "wedding" feel than doing it in your room, IMHO.

--------------

Profile PM
LoveStitch Offline
Betty

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 12:19 pm Quote

Congratulations Kami!

My husband and I had a VERY small wedding, here in our home town, because we wanted to save all our money for a honeymoon at the Polynesian...which was wonderful! That was 18 years ago.

I would love to hear all about the details of your wedding as they come together. My dream is to work at DW, and particularly as a Wedding Event Manager, so hearing about your experience will be great!

--------------

Profile PM
Minnie Mare Offline
Mariann

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 12:24 pm Quote

Hi FireflyGirl, Congratulations!  That is very exciting and I am sure it will be beautiful :hearts:   Will you be able to take a ride in Cinderella's coach?  I saw that on television and it just seems so romantic.  I wish you all the best!   :)

--------------

Last vacation: Polynesian Resort 3/9-13/04, US/IOA 3/13-16/04
Profile PM
TikiKels Offline
Kellie Cain

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 12:31 pm Quote

Good luck with your planning and CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :)  My husband and I also honeymooned at the Poly in July '03, we LOVED it and you will too!  :)  It's SO romantic.  Just walking the grounds in the evening, the lush tropical greenery, tiki torches, soft music playing, the scent of tropical flowers in the air...almost makes me forget it's 17 degrees here.  ;)

Have you considered Sunset Point at the Poly for a wedding?  Someone did that while we were there, it was beautiful!  I couldn't imagine getting into a full wedding dress (or tux for hubby! ) when it was 95 degrees with 95% humidity.  But what a way to wed!

TikiKels  --don't feed me no lines and keep your sporks to yourselves

--------------
--I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!  :tiki:
Profile PM AOL
28 replies since Feb. 01, 2004, 8:05 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: I'm planning a Disney Wedding!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement