Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort, Hawaii, Tahiti, or another longhouse?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Oobiesmom Offline
Sharon Scalera

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 10:00 am Quote

:alien:

I know I have seen this topic on the previous board (before archieve) but thought I might ask again since we are getting close to our *magic* vacation date in April 2004

This will be  a special trip for us & our 3 kids (ages 8, 5, and 3)as we have *NEVER* been able to afford staying in a luxary resort. We want to make this experience as magical as we can for the kids (and us too! ) & looking to get a good room/long house suggestion. Not sure if we can $$$ the concierge, but depending on how the rates drop for the post-Easter holiday (yup, yanking them all out of school for another week, LOL) season (we are still waitting til the last minute to book) it just may be possible.

Anyway, I have read several theads in the past & of course visited your Tikiman site (AWESOME) but looking for the family friendly/kid friendly suggestions too.....a view of Cindy's castle for my "princess" would be beyond awesome. I realize you can't really request rooms & stuff, but I was thinking that going right after the holiday crowds leave would give us the best chances.

So, any suggestions would be helpful as I am not sure of the long house layout having never been there other than for the Ohana breakfast last year...we would love to be close to transportation if possible (monorail).

And....just wanted to extend my KUDOS for a beautiful & informative site....you obviously all LOVE the Poly & it was this site that cemented our decision to stay there....our friends going the same time will be at the Wilderness Lodge...but we are following our dreams too! Sharon

--------------
Sharon, Mommy to Dominick (8), Nicholas "Oobie" (5) and Jemma Marie (3)
Profile PM AOL
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 6:55 pm Quote

UPDATED JANUARY 2006: There is now a special category with a higher rate for Magic Kingdom View rooms at the Polynesian Resort which aren't in the Hawaii Longhouse (Club Concierge Level).
    Click here for details.

Yoo Hoo, Sharon / Oobiesmom!

On behalf of Tikiman, I thank you for your kind words!  :blush2:

Truly, it is our pleasure to help any way we can.

To answer you question from my perspective, we enjoy the garden view-level Fiji longhouse, especially if we get a view of the marina.

But any longhouse at the Polynesian is enjoyable to us, actually. And no matter where you stay you are still entitled to take a stroll on the beach, or even get into a nearby available hammock, and enjoy the "lagoon view" from there, no matter where your room is.
:hula:

Sharon, here's a pair of Disney EchoEars I'm passing along to you with my thanks, for joining the Disney Echo and introducing yourself:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 10:40 pm Quote

Welcome, Sharon!  A bit of advice... don't wait too long to book that room..... Spring break is out at different times and the week before AND the week after Easter are notoriously busy down there, and I think it's still considered regular season...... not completely sure on that part... I know that April and into early May are really crowded at WDW....We finally had to leave the MK one day because the crowds were so bad.... barely room to walk....Good luck!

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Oobiesmom Offline
Sharon Scalera

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 18, 2004, 6:05 pm Quote

Marsha,
Thanks for the info!! We Have relatives that live down in Florida & we have learned that "busy" time is the week before Easter AND the week after Easter for Spring Breakers. We get the week after Easter off (for school) and will be traveling down after Easter to see/stay with the realatives first before getting to Disney. We learned last year (we visited Disney for 3 days) being spontaneous & flexible has it's rewards.....the very next day AFTER Spring Break ends...the 8th day, LOL, is when all the rates DROP...like a bomb as a matter of fact. Being that we are driving we are able to pick & choose without having to work around flight schedules & stuff. We very nearly stayed at the Contemporary last year...it was about $200.00/night which is less than what we payed for staying at the Jersey shore 2 1/2 hrs away from our home in July. If you notice the sites that post discounts....most "discounts" will expire this year on 4/17 because.......on 4/18 there is a mass exodus out of Disney! The only drawback is the fact that our kids will be out an additional week from school but we will have them do a project since we are driving thru so many different States. It's not great to plan ahead with no reservations, but because we are so flexible, we pretty much know we will get what we want there are so many rooms available that week.

*HUGS* Sharon

--------------
Sharon, Mommy to Dominick (8), Nicholas "Oobie" (5) and Jemma Marie (3)
Profile PM AOL
JohnnyTarHeel Offline
John Flynn

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 02, 2004, 7:41 pm Quote

We've only stayed there once, last fall, but we had 3rd floor in Tahiti and it was perfect.  Great view of the castle, the other hotels and the boats coming and going on the lagoon...plus the EWP and fireworks at night.  Here's a pic of the view...

You can see some other views on our webpage here...

http://www.naomiandpeter.com/WDW2003.html

We loved the Polynesian concierge and are planning on returning this fall.

--------------
Profile PM WEB
SeaSpray Offline
Theresa Brown

Caribbean Beach Resort forum co-modEARator

Posted: Feb. 03, 2004, 8:05 am Quote

JohnnyTarHeel:

Great pictures!! :)  I can't wait to get to our room at the Polynesian and check out our view.  I have been making myself crazy, trying to decide if we want to request Tuvalu or Tahiti.  We have a lagoon view room booked and I know from reading Tikiman's web site that those are the 2 best longhouses for a lagoon view, other than Hawaii.  I did consider changing our reservation to concierge but we're already doing the 7 night Disney cruise and paying close to $400 for the lagoon view, so I can't spend any more on the room.  I know it'll be great, no matter where we are.  But we've been waiting years to stay at the Polynesian so I want to make the best decision.

I hate to keep rambling on about this subject but I've been driving my family nuts, they all roll their eyes.  LOL  My husband tells me to just pick wherever *I* think would be a good location.  I'd hate to get there and think to myself "I should've requested the OTHER longhouse!"  

Ok time to go check out the maps and info AGAIN, on Tikiman's web site  :coolgrin:

P.S.  I've read a lot of good things about Tuvalu, but I know Tikiman prefers Tahiti.  I was 100% sure that I wanted Tuvalu but then I saw where some people mentioned that walk around the marina to get to the pool.  I know we'll be spending time at the pool since we're not planning on doing any parks, so maybe we should be at Tahiti...??    :confused:

--------------
Terry / SeaSpray / CL_CapeGirl on VMK

'07 July Polynesian LVC & Tikifest 2007
'07 May Port Orleans Riverside
'06 August 19th Disney Magic & Polynesian LVC
'06 May Animal Kingdom Lodge
'05 Polynesian LVC
'05 Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC
'04 Disney Magic 10-Night Hurricane Cruise
'02 Caribbean Beach Resort
'01 Caribbean Beach Resort & Grand Floridian
'95 DisneyLand
'76, '78, '85 WDW offsite

Profile PM WEB
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 03, 2004, 8:13 am Quote

I'm eager to find out what you wind up deciding and then after your trip what you conclude about the longhouse. I know what you mean about the Tikiman site though, I can look again and again, trying to figure out which is the "best" location...

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
SeaSpray Offline
Theresa Brown

Posted: Feb. 04, 2004, 9:29 pm Quote

Quote (Julielizabet @ Feb. 03, 2004 08:13 am/pm)
I'm eager to find out what you wind up deciding and then after your trip what you conclude about the longhouse. I know what you mean about the Tikiman site though, I can look again and again, trying to figure out which is the "best" location...

I will definitely report back with pictures and comments about our building location, room, and view  :coolgrin:

--------------
Terry / SeaSpray / CL_CapeGirl on VMK

'07 July Polynesian LVC & Tikifest 2007
'07 May Port Orleans Riverside
'06 August 19th Disney Magic & Polynesian LVC
'06 May Animal Kingdom Lodge
'05 Polynesian LVC
'05 Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC
'04 Disney Magic 10-Night Hurricane Cruise
'02 Caribbean Beach Resort
'01 Caribbean Beach Resort & Grand Floridian
'95 DisneyLand
'76, '78, '85 WDW offsite

Profile PM WEB
dreamalittledream Offline
LJP

Newbie Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 20, 2004, 10:00 pm Quote

Hi all, we just got back from a week at the Poly, we were in Tahiti rm 3030 2 doors down from the elevator.  What a great location! I too agonized over which one to "request" and finally left it up to fate. I had already asked for Lagoon with MK view and a balcony. I got all I asked for.  We kept the curtain open and used the Castle as our night light. Besides the Fantastic view, the walk to TTC made it so convenient it is now our favorite building. We could see the ferry coming into dock and then walk to the TTC to catch the ride to the MK.  Hope you enjoy as much as we did.  
PS Thanks to Tikiman for all of his insights, he was VERY helpful.

--------------
Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 21, 2004, 10:10 am Quote

LJP,
Sounds like you had a great time! Thank you for letting us live a little of your vacation with you.

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
94 replies since May 19, 2004, 3:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement