Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Turn-down service & chocolate, even non-concierge, Plus: Tipping for turndown/Mousekeeping< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
WebTink Offline
Becky

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 04, 2004, 4:59 pm Quote

Thanks, Mary!  I made them myself.  I just used Word, created the Mahalo with WordArt and found the graphic in my clipart files that came with Microsoft Works.

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Posted: Mar. 04, 2004, 5:43 pm Quote

They are just the neatest things!!!  I am a computer idiot :crazy:  so I may have to have one of the DDs do it for us.  We have always just left cash out for the CM, which seems so impersonal!  Great idea Web Tink!!  Mahalo~~ :thumbsup:

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Mar. 05, 2004, 10:30 am Quote

I have some I made about 3 years ago that I could send the graphic to print out. I don't have them here at work but I know they are at home somewhere on the computer. They look like the graphic I made for my web page but they say Housekeeping and Turn Down Service.

I had some for the AKL also.

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
OrlandoBelle Offline
Tracey

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 05, 2004, 12:29 pm Quote

We forgot to leave a tip on our first afternoon for turndown (us brits are not used to tipping for everything  ;) ), as soonas we returned and I realised turndown had been done I made sure I remembered after that, but every subsequent afternoon the $$ were left on the bed untouched !

--------------
OrlandoBelle, across the pond in Wales (not England!! )

Profile PM MSN
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: Mar. 05, 2004, 1:31 pm Quote

Quote (OrlandoBelle @ Mar. 05, 2004 12:29 am/pm)
We forgot to leave a tip on our first afternoon for turndown (us brits are not used to tipping for everything  ;) ), as soonas we returned and I realised turndown had been done I made sure I remembered after that, but every subsequent afternoon the $$ were left on the bed untouched !

Hmmmm.....Curious and curiouser!  Wonder what that was about?!

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
TikiKels Offline
Kellie Cain

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 06, 2004, 5:16 pm Quote

About the $$ left on the bed...it's possible they did not want to take $$ just lying around, perhaps they were not sure it was left for them and did not want to be accused of taking things?  An envelope, addressed to someone, helps clear up that matter and probably helps them to feel safer in accepting the gratuity.  You know how litigious this society can be, they probably just want to protect themselves as much as possible.  I know I would!!

TikiKels  --I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!  :tiki:

--------------
--I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!  :tiki:
Profile PM AOL
OrlandoBelle Offline
Tracey

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 06, 2004, 5:45 pm Quote

Maybe that's what it was !  Mousekeeping didn't leave their tips behind though   :)

--------------
OrlandoBelle, across the pond in Wales (not England!! )

Profile PM MSN
Tigger Offline
Steven

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 08, 2004, 10:16 am Quote

Steve, will  you be posting those graphics for the envelopes on your web page? Be great to use! If we all  use the same envelopes when we go there, they will know we are part of the poly echoear.

--------------
Steven / Tigger
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Mar. 08, 2004, 10:19 am Quote

Thanks for reminding me.

Things have been crazy at work. I will look for them tonight and post them.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
alacazander Offline
Connie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 08, 2004, 2:21 pm Quote

Ditto!

I'd very much like to use them too!

;)

--------------

Profile PM
44 replies since Oct. 04, 2004, 10:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Turn-down service & chocolate, even non-concierge
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement