Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Magic Kingdom View room category at Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
eas423 Offline
Beth, Poly princess ;)

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 09, 2006, 11:47 pm Quote

Thanks for staying on top of this to get us EchoEars the best info, Charline!

--------------

Beth °o°
VMK - Cindabell

Past WDW trips:
'83 - Contemporary
'99 - Grad Night, offsite
'03 - Day trip MK
'04 - Day trip MK
'05  - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
'06 - Poly/Saratoga Springs

The family Christmas trip has been postponed for a few years...but there's a baby on the way!!!

Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 7:12 am Quote

Thanks Charline-  As usual you went the extra mile! I agree it is confusing for us.  Can you imagine staff?  I used to hate when The powers that be would change policy and not give the proper training on how to be consistant with a guest.  I worked in the hotel/restaurant and convention business for years and one corporation would run a national ad campaign and then schedule the corporate training 2 weeks after it aired!  Auuuurgh!  Hopefully these reosrts will come out with a consistant plan and party line soon!  and we REALLY appreciate any new info you get.

--------------
Profile PM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 9:34 am Quote

Beth - you are very welcome!

Gretta - you mentioned the staff...oh wow....they are all supposed to know about this because it has already been supposedly passed down the line to all....well....not!  Quite a few don't know believe me.  I can understand you literally know all about this type of situation since you have worked in the hospitality field.  

As I said...the information is only as good as the one who passes it on, but it must correct in the passing mode.

:minnie:

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 9:44 am Quote

Chris - it all boils down to how you want to stay and what you are willing to pay for it.

As for our family, we do love staying the Polynesian and yes, staying concierge most of the time, but we have also stayed in other longhouses non-concierge and was just as happy.  But, if you want the view of your choice, yep, you are going to pay for it.

Happy planning your magical adventure and if I can be of any other help to you, please let me know.

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Profile PM
threeh Offline
Tracy

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 9:49 am Quote

uh oh, you said other changes??  Are they going to hurt my wallet as well??  now you've got me curious charline!!!

--------------
°O° Tracy°O°

Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 9:50 am Quote

I hate it when someone owning a set of buildings or with a set of policies calls what every one comes to know and relate to by different terminology.

Unless there is signage or a new map drawn with designations, such as a schematic of buildings with arrows and printed words next to the arrows labeling the buildings, it can be very confusing if you're mainly familiar with prior terminology labels.

There's lag time going on, with luck some visual ways to think of the newly named places will be along to help everyone out.
Profile PM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 9:54 am Quote

Carol,

Funny you mentioned the "map".  I asked about that in my call last night, if there was something they could send me...even an email with the new stipulations, there is not at this point and time.  But, I'll be here waiting....

Thanks!

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Profile PM
Dale-not-Chip Offline
Dale

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 10:03 am Quote

Quote (MEsMommy @ Jan. 10, 2006 07:12 am/pm)
Thanks Charline-  As usual you went the extra mile! I agree it is confusing for us.  Can you imagine staff?  I used to hate when The powers that be would change policy and not give the proper training on how to be consistant with a guest.  I worked in the hotel/restaurant and convention business for years and one corporation would run a national ad campaign and then schedule the corporate training 2 weeks after it aired!  Auuuurgh!  Hopefully these reosrts will come out with a consistant plan and party line soon!  and we REALLY appreciate any new info you get.

I know what you mean.  As a Cable Tech. there has been a few times I went to fix something that the first time I seen it was at the customers house.  But that's why CEO's get paid the big bucks.   To keep every one confused enough for us not to notice how big their bonus was.

The problems Charline is having is the same when I booked the premium package 3 days after they started it.  I can't begin to remember how many times I called with questions.  And I got Diffrent Responces every time.   It's how I got to know so much about it.  Sadly it's info not many want or need.

But I had to call and ask the same question.  keep track of the answers and when one responce won 5 to 2 I went with the answer I heard 5 times.

--------------
Dale-not-Chip
[img]http://badge.facebook.com/badge....mg]

Email me

dalenotchip (at) bellsouth.net
Profile PM AOL MSN
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Posted: Jan. 10, 2006, 12:15 pm Quote

Hold fast Tracy.....we'll just have to wait and see what goes on next.  That's what I'm doing watching and waiting.

I'm sure it does hit the wallet first, hadn't thought about that one.

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Profile PM
wdwdreamin Offline
Chris Moore

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Jan. 11, 2006, 8:34 pm Quote

I see the exact room numbers posted as to which rooms are now considered MK view and which are still Lagoon view.  Looks like I can just go ahead a book a regular Lagoon view and save my money for other things.  I'll be thrilled if we still get a great view, but I don't think any of them would really be 'bad', anyway.  As long as I can see water and palm trees, I'll be happy.  Anything else is a bonus for me!  

We are headed off to AAA tomorrow to make our ressies!!!  :happydance:

--------------
Chris / wdwdreamin

September 2006: 20th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
December 2008: Our first Christmas trip to WDW! (POFQ)
September 2011!!: 25th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
Profile PM
33 replies since Jan. 04, 2006, 10:37 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Magic Kingdom View room category at Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement