Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Magic Kingdom View room category at Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wdwdreamin Offline
Chris Moore

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 04, 2006, 10:37 pm Quote

I was experimenting with the booking tool on the official Disney site, checking various pricing for rooms/packages at the Polynesian, and saw a new room category listed--Magic Kingdom View.  This was separate from the regular Lagoon View and cost just over $300 more for a 10-night stay.  Has anyone heard which rooms/buildings these rooms are in?  I haven't seen this information anywhere else yet.

Thanks for the help!

--------------
Chris / wdwdreamin

September 2006: 20th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
December 2008: Our first Christmas trip to WDW! (POFQ)
September 2011!!: 25th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
threeh Offline
Tracy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 05, 2006, 12:29 pm Quote

I noticed that too.  I guess its so you can garuntee a mk view, and so disney can collect the $$$.  all i can say is wow!!
did you check tikiman's site??  maybe he knows!!

good luck and happy planning!!!

--------------
°O° Tracy°O°

Profile PM WEB
LM0601 Offline
Lisa

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 05, 2006, 6:12 pm Quote

I was just about to book my trip and saw that too.  If anyone has any insite, please let us know.  This will be our first time staying in a lagoon view room.  I wonder what I should do now?  Regular lagoon view or MK view.  I think it is $50 more per night the way it works out.

Lisa

--------------

Profile PM WEB
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 05, 2006, 6:36 pm Quote

Hey All....

I'm going to find out this info and get right back with you ASAP.  

I'm recent College of Disney Knowledge graduate and am helping Magical Memories Travel....so I'll be back soooooon!!

:minnie:

Additional information added shortly afterwards...

Okay...here is the scoop!

The Polynesian has made some rooms available as what is called "Magic Kingdom View". Latest information: 

The Aotearoa Longhouse: rooms 1221 (1st floor), rooms 2218-2219 (2nd floor) and 3218-3220, 3222-3223 (3rd floor) are Magic Kingdom View.

The Tahiti Longhouse: rooms 1017-1018, 1021-1024, 1027-1028, 1031-1036 (1st floor), rooms 2017-1018, 2025-2028, 2033-2036 (2nd floor) and 3017-3038 (3rd floor) are Magic Kingdom View.

The Tuvalu Longhouse: rooms 1406-1409 (1st floor), rooms 2405 thru 2411 (2nd floor) and 3405 thru 3414 (3rd floor) are Magic Kingdom View.

Now something I found out, the prices of course depend on the time of year you go and how that would fluctuate, but you could stay the Hawaii Longhouse Concierge Garden View for about what you would pay for the Magic Kingdom View.

So, you have to decide if you want the view of the castle or stay concierge and have a view of the quiet pool and gardens. Hmmmm, big decisions.  And yes, this does guarantee you the view and the room as when you book Hawaii Concierge, you know ahead of time when you request either Lagoon or Garden View.

UPDATE: As for a "guarantee" on which longhouse/room you would receive, it cannot be guaranteed but only requested as in the past.  But, was told, if you put a request in at the time of your reservation and then call back 7 days prior to your arrival they will do their best to honor your request.

If I can be of any help to anyone, please let me know.

:hula:  :hula2:

Update posted: Jan. 09, 2006 20:04 pm:

Okay........I have been on the phone for very long time this evening with the Polynesian trying to get some information.  Well, Tahiti, Tuvalu and Aerotora are considered MK Views.  So sorry the information I received the other day was not properly given to me.  But I assure you in the future this will not happen again.

As for a "guarantee" on which longhouse/room you would receive, it cannot be guaranteed but only requested as in the past.  But, was told, if you put a request in at the time of your reservation and then call back 7 days prior to your arrival they will do their best to honor your request.

Just to let you know.....I think there are going to be some other changes as well.  And as soon as I know....you'll know.

Sorry for the confusion...but ya know...the information is only as good as the one giving you the information.

Update posted: Jan. 09, 2006 21:33 pm:

Recently Disney decided to change the name of some of their "views" at the Contemporary and the Polynesian Resorts.  These specialty views are now called Magic Kingdom View Rooms.  In the past these rooms were called Lagoon View Rooms.  Some of the Lagoon View rooms still exist (supposedly).

I cannot speak about the Contemporary but will speak on the Polynesian.  Right now, it is utter confusion, no other way to put it.  I have spoken to some of my "reliable" sources at the Polynesian and have received differing tales as to how this is going to work.  If you read the "New Room Category" thread here on the Echo (now merged into this topic) you will see the information has changed.

I again called the Polynesian this evening and talked in great length with them.  Ironically, the first individual I spoke with tried telling me that it's only the Contemporary, which I knew was incorrect.  But finally I had the sweetheart of a person who knew the correct information I desired.

So please understand, we are only as good as the information that is given to us and yes, it can be wrong, but given the chance, we will get it corrected.

The Magic Kingdom Views are available in Tahiti, Tuvalu and Aerotora.  No guarantee to get what is requested, but you can follow up on that at a later date if you wish to better your chances.

Any questions, please free to ask them.

Also....thanks for letting me vent on this one.  I think I needed this.  I have spoken to quite a few people over the last few days about this.  And yes, the information has staggered so many times.  but I have truly tried to get the correct information to you.

And....and I say and.....if it changes again....I'll let ya know!

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
Ken65 Offline
Ken

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 11:00 am Quote

Hi Charline!

Thanks so much for finding out.  It makes our decision much easier.  We wanted to stay in Tahiti so I will NOT request the Magic Kingdom View.  I have been trying to post to thank you for several days, however, my login will not let me.  I changed my email address and did the validation thing but it did not work.  I emailed Rick twice, but he did not get back to me yet.  Do you have anyway of assisting me with this?  I think I saw you were a moderator.  I just created a logon in my hubby's name so I could post.  With mine, I can log in, but it will not let me do anything.  

HELP!

My logon is LM0601 and I would surely like it back!

Thanks to anyone who can help me...Rick where are you?

Lisa

--------------

Profile PM
Disneywacko Offline
Julie

Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 11:09 am Quote

Charline, thanks for the info.  I would not be surprised if a few other longhouses end up having MK view categories as well.  I don't think they would add this room category just for 14 rooms in Tuvalu.  In fact, I think Tahiti has the most rooms that offer unobstructed views of the castle.  So it seems likely that they would try to get more $$$ for these rooms.

--------------
Disneywacko
Profile PM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 11:20 am Quote

You know....what I'm afraid of....

I talked with 2 different folks at the Polynesian to recevie this information and both confirmed the same things.  But I have the same feeling too about Tahiti, I'm sure it will be added in the future as well, but who knows.

Lisa - as for your login, Rich will have to do that for you, yes, I'm a moderator, but he's the SUPER Moderator and takes care of all that for everyone, I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

If I can be any help to anyone, please let me know, I'm here for you all.  If I don't know the answer, I promise to get the answers for you.  I have had the privilege of getting to know quite a few of the CM's (staff members/employees) at the Polynesian through the years so I just pick up the phone and give them a call or I email them.  

Hope all have a great day with "wishes" of heading to the Polynesian soon.

Just a note:  we have an EchoEar Meet planned for July if anyone is interested in joining us and meeting fellow EchoEars.  We have some great group rates for this trip.  Interested, PM me soon for details.

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 11:36 am Quote

We figure the reason it is only the upper floors is that one of the islands in the lagoon blocks most of the castle from the first floor rooms. The 2 rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor at the end of Aoteroa would still have a view of the castle (but looking through some sparse trees) but that is only 4 rooms, only 2 of them w/ balconies. The 1st floor rooms are considered garden view b/c the other landscaping blocks the view of the lagoon from the 1st floor.

:bowdown:  :bowdown:  Charline :bowdown:  :bowdown:
:clapping: This is why we love you!  :clapping:

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
Ken65 Offline
Ken

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 11:42 am Quote

Hi Again!

OK..I have not made my reservations yet.  I want to stay in Tahiti, LV.  We stayed there two years ago, but in Garden View.  Now I am nervous.  How do I know what view to pick so I have a better chance of getting Tahiti?

We are going the beginning of July - 9th-14th.  I am so sorry I will miss you guys if you are going at the end of July.

If anyone has any advice for me in terms of us having a better chance of getting Tahiti, let me know.  I am going to book my trip today, hopefully!

Lisa

--------------

Profile PM
wdwdreamin Offline
Chris Moore

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Jan. 09, 2006, 10:42 pm Quote

Thanks for the info!  I'm hoping to stay in Tahiti with a logoon view this time so I guess it's gonna cost me a bit more.   :(   Oh well!

--------------
Chris / wdwdreamin

September 2006: 20th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
December 2008: Our first Christmas trip to WDW! (POFQ)
September 2011!!: 25th Anniversary at the Polynesian!
Profile PM
33 replies since Jan. 04, 2006, 10:37 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Magic Kingdom View room category at Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement