Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Hawaiian Music at the Polynesian Resort< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TikiKels Offline
Kellie Cain

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 20, 2004, 6:07 am Quote

Woo-hoo!  Vacay at Steve's!  ;)

TikiKels  --I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!

--------------
--I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!  :tiki:
Profile PM AOL
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
cindy Offline
Cindy

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Sep. 14, 2004, 1:13 pm Quote

Does the Polyneisan have Hawaiian music piped in along the walkways and is the music for the fireworks piped into the Polynesian?

Thanks!

--------------

Profile PM
Arielle*s Mom Offline
Kelli

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 14, 2004, 1:53 pm Quote

Well,  I can answer one of your questions.  

At a few spots along the walkways there is polynesian music playing.  I love that  :love: .  But as far as the fireworks music,  I'm not sure about that one.

--------------
  :hulamicmin:  :tiki:
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Sep. 14, 2004, 1:57 pm Quote

Yes to both. I believe most of the speakers are located around the pools and the beach. They have music all the time and they do have the music from the fireworks show but it seems to be turned down a little around the beach. I could only hear it if I were close to the speaker. Around the pool and up in ‘Ohana it is louder. There is also music under water in the volcano pool.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Sep. 17, 2004, 10:59 pm Quote

Watched the fireworks from the Polynesian beach one time - had to put one ear next to the speaker and turn my head in just such a manner as to put a total crink in it so I could see any part of the castle. Much better in 'Ohana's.

I am still partial to the balcony at the Contemporary still, though - even if you have to use the one on the 4th floor.

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
cindy Offline
Cindy

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Sep. 18, 2004, 7:14 am Quote

Thank you for your replies!  :)

--------------

Profile PM
cmfairygodmother Offline

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 25, 2004, 5:43 pm Quote

As a professional singer, by DH notices things I do not. We were at the Polynesian, on one of our many visits, and he says,"There is that song again! I wish they would play a new one!"

"What are you talking about?", I asked He had me listen carefully, and it must be a tape loop as the same song came on every 45 minutes or so. Most people would not notice this at all. I do every time we go there, but I LOVE that song....:  :love:

--------------
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 25, 2004, 6:15 pm Quote

Is some of this commercially available off Internet music sites or via CDs?  Anyone ever tape this to bring home and listen to all the time?  (Sitting next to the speakers and audio taping for 45-minutes, almost as bad as when we brought a VCR one trip to tape the Disney cable channels to play back at home! )
Profile PM
cmfairygodmother Offline

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 25, 2004, 7:34 pm Quote

Carol, I have no idea! If anyone finds a tape of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party( the Parade), then let me know! I have been hunting for three years for it!

--------------
Profile PM
cricket Offline
Laura

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Sep. 26, 2004, 12:26 pm Quote

If you like hawaiian/polynesian music then listen to Sol Hoopi.  He's the king of slack key guitar.  'Lovely Hula Hands' is one of my favourites.  My husband has a few old hawaiian lap steele guitars and when the winter weather has me down I make him play me a song or two.

:hula2:

--------------

Profile PM
67 replies since Feb. 11, 2004, 5:36 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Hawaiian Music at the Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement