Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Making room/longhouse requests at the Polynesian, Requesting a specific place at the Poly< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Disneywacko Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 23, 2005, 3:41 pm Quote

You will have a wonderful time.   I think you'll find most of the answers to your questions on Tikiman's website.  We took our DS to the char lunch at Crystal Palace and really enjoyed it.  I've been to five different locations for char meals and the Crystal Palace was the best so far.  We enjoyed Chef Mickey's but didn't get as much time with the characters as you do at Crystal Palace.

I don't know if you can request towel animals.  We haven't been getting them on our last few trips.  I would definitely mention to the planners that your daughter loves Minnie and see if they have any suggestions.

Have a great time!

--------------
Disneywacko
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: April 23, 2005, 3:46 pm Quote

Hi,

You can contact the Island Planning Office at:
(407) 824-2466.  Leave a message if no one answers, someone will call you back shortly.

Please let them know your arrival date.

We love the Polynesian, it's our favorite!  You will be glad you are staying concierge.  The staff is wonderful and the ultimate best folks we've met.  

Be sure to mention you want some special surprises for your daughter.  But please understand, that is not a guarantee.  You can also request surprise baskets to be made by the CM's for a fee.  As for the towel animals, Mousekeepers do this only on occasion, but who knows, your daughter may be a lucky recipient.

Be sure to say hello to Chef Dick in the lounge, he's a sweetie.  And you will enjoy all the scrumptious temptations he will put before you during your magical stay.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

:minnie:

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
DisneyDonna Offline
Donna

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: April 23, 2005, 5:04 pm Quote

Welcome, Suzanne; like Charline, Polynesian concierge is our favorite and has become like a second home to us. I think you will love the family feel there. You may also e-mail the itinerary (or island) planning office at WDW.Polynesian.Island.Planning.Office@disney.com. Hope you enjoy your stay!

--------------

Polynesian/Polynesian concierge: 1972, 1991, 1997-2000, 2001(2x), 2002(2x), 2003, 2004(6x), 2005(6x), 2006 - 3x and counting!
Profile PM
BambiTamby Offline
The Original Lizard Lounge Queen !

Polynesian, AnimalKingdom Lodge & Concierge/Suites/LizLounge

Posted: April 24, 2005, 12:33 am Quote

ALOHA Suzanne!!!! :hula: and WELCOME to the ECHO! :wave:

You've got the email addy and phone numbers, CALL them, EMAIL them!!!!
This is an important "perk" of the concierge experience, the pre-planning service!
Plus, the sooner, the better, as concierge gets to book from a block of tables that are only made available to concierge guests! (these are usually released 10 days out) So, you still may be able to snag that coveted CRT after all!
We've been able to get last minute CRT, Ohana's, Illuminations/Wishes cruises, California Grill window table, etc.

And like Marsha said, come and join us over at the Concierge thread, aka the "Lizard Lounge!" :loungelizard:

--------------
"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory."

Presenting.....The Lizard Lounge MickEmoticons!
:loungelizard: :loungelizard2: :jammielizard: :LizardPrego: :LizardBaby: :LizardCrazy: :LizardFlag: :LizardRedheadedStepchild: :LizardHula: :TikiFire: :LizardSpending: :LizardFreeBird: :LizardPirate: :LizardThumbsup: :LizardDrool:
:pie_lizard: :LizardHockey: :LizardWaterGun:
Profile PM WEB
Suzanne74 Offline
Suzanne

Disney EchoEar

Posted: April 25, 2005, 1:54 pm Quote

thank you all. I emailed them on Sat night with requests and PS's and we received an emailed itinerary the NEXT morning (Sunday) with everyone of our requests. We did CRT last time so we are doing Crystal Palace this time but I asked for an early time and was given 8:20am - can't beat that!! I also asked about Chef Mickey's when we first booked via telephone and was given a big NO on all my dates. I requested in the email a few night options, our first night around 7pm the priority and was given that exact night at 6:30pm. I am very impressed!!

We requested a 1st floor room with a 3rd floor, our second choice. DH wants the easy access of the 1st, I want the view of the 3rd but he wins because he upgraded us. Either way, we will be happy.

One more thing - does anyone request to be near the lounge. I wasn't sure if the garden view rooms we blocked there or if it was noisy. Otherwise I might request this.

Thanks all!!!
Profile PM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Posted: April 25, 2005, 2:13 pm Quote

Suzanne,

Congrats on getting the PS's you wanted.  Being close to the lounge can be a request as well.  We have never requested to be close to the lounge, we like being about midways, simply because we don't hear all the folks coming off the elevator late at night with all their excitement of their day.

Being midway, we have a wonderful quiet pool view that is simply fabulous.  The gardens await your views of the luscious foliage and blooms.

And it's just a quick walk to the lounge.  Enjoy your stay at the Polynesian Concierge.  Please be sure to tell Jeffrey, Tara and Chef Dick that the Cameron Family from WV will see them in June!

Have very magical vacation and hope to hear about your trip upon your return.

:minnie:

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 22, 2005, 2:13 pm Quote

Updated 11/2005:

Even though the official word given out by the Cast Members at Disney's Polynesian Resort and all the WDW Resorts is that they do not take Guest requests for specific rooms/longhouses/resort buildings from FAXed requests any longer, even as recently as a few weeks ago there have been reports from Guests that they do indeed honor those requests when possible.

The best way, though, remains to have the information included when you first make your room/package reservation because they try to accommodate the earlier requests first and those are given priority over any other room request.

Also ask the CM when you are checking in whether or not they received your request and if there's any way your request can be fulfilled. Note that if you're asking for an upgrade, you might very well be asked to pay the difference in price (don't be expecting any free upgrades, even if they do have a better category room available). You might also want to go to your room as soon as it is available and examine it thoroughly before unpacking, and then heading back to the front desk right then if there's anything wrong -- to either have them correct the matter or to see if a different room is available which you might be happier in. Changing rooms might not always be possible because of a lack of alternate empty rooms, but if another room is available which they suggest, it would be easier for you to swap rooms before unpacking.

I've sometimes been given an option of a different room which fits my request better, but that room has sometimes not been available starting the very first night of my visit. If this happens to you, choose for yourself if relocating after one or more nights (as the case may be) is worth it to you -- or if you might be satisfied with where they first placed you. I have done both options at different times during my own Disney vacations. Note that Disney might be able to have a CM help you move your luggage and belongings from one location to another -- and this is also something available if you have booked more than one Disney resort during one vacation -- and that this service is provided for free... but please remember to tip the CM helping you with your luggage.
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Sep. 01, 2006, 3:57 am Quote

This is the latest information about making a room or longhouse request at the Polynesian, from the best expert about the Polynesian Resort himself, Steve / Tikiman:

For those of you who request rooms here is some info on how the rooms are assigned.
    • Let's start with saying that requesting a room, building or anything else is best done when you make your reservation. If you try and get the request in later, there are factors that could lead to it not being noted properly. Also, when you call the Polynesian phone number and speak to someone, that someone is not at the Polynesian at all. They are in a call center away from the resort and in most cases have little knowledge of the resort.

• Emailing any request can only be done if you are staying concierge since there is no email address for the Polynesian other than the email for the Planning Office.

• Faxing request was not only discouraged by CMs at the resort but can end up being thrown out with the other junk faxes that come through. It does sometimes work but a while back they actually asked that this not be done.
    So, as far as when the resort gets your reservation and request, here is what someone at the resort sent to me as an explanation not too long ago.
      “The room reservation comes from the DRC (disney reservation center) to the resort 5 days out. (We can't see the resv. in the computer till then) Then the rooms team go thru all the requests and try to meet those based upon whats currently checked-in.

Reservations without a request dont get assigned -- and at Check-In the computer does what's called an "auto-In House" (the computer looks at the rack and sees whats available) (holes) where rooms are empty and comes up with a list that the Cast Member can select from before the keys get cut.

If your a group/Magical Gathering they (the rooms team) will really try and book the rooms together "pre-assign (the reservation has room #'s attached)" and find open rooms for this first. Again if the rooms have no requests then the computer grabs the room, suggests to the CM what's available, the CM can select one of the 5 rooms that "pop up" or go into the rack and find a "working vacancy" and then check with the Rooms Team if the new room works for a fit for the (holes) that are in the system. Downside is when we are 100% occupancy the computer will start issuing smoking optional rooms as whats left.”

:tiki:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
17 replies since Feb. 06, 2004, 3:56 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Making room/longhouse requests at the Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement