Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Making room/longhouse requests at the Polynesian, Requesting a specific place at the Poly< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
JDenise11 Offline
Jackie

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 06, 2004, 3:56 pm Quote

Hello Poly Fans!!
 this is my first post on this board.  My family and I and I are going to the Poly from December 4th to December 11th.  The past two times we have stayed there they have put us in Raratonga...This time I would like to stay in a different longhouse.  Do they still take longhouse requests? I don't want to sound pushy about making a request.  Every longhouse is pretty in its own way.  
          Thanks for all your help!
                    Jackie  :coolgrin:  :bowdown:  :minnie:  :hurt:  :mickey:

--------------
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 06, 2004, 4:45 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo and aloha, Jackie / JDenise11!

Yes, they still take requests -- and you are more likely to get your request fulfilled if you ask for a longhouse rather than a specific room in a longhouse -- but remember these are only requests and not guarantees. I've heard they try to fulfill requests based in the order of when the reservation was first made.

Welcome to the Disney Echo, Jackie! Here's a Polynesian-style lei with Disney EchoEars for you:

Updated 11/2005:

Even though the official word given out by the Cast Members at Disney's Polynesian Resort and all the WDW Resorts is that they do not take Guest requests for specific rooms/longhouses/resort buildings from FAXed requests any longer, even as recently as a few weeks ago there have been reports from Guests that they do indeed honor those requests when possible.

The best way, though, remains to have the information included when you first make your room/package reservation because they try to accommodate the earlier requests first and those are given priority over any other room request.

Also ask the CM when you are checking in whether or not they received your request and if there's any way your request can be fulfilled. Note that if you're asking for an upgrade, you might very well be asked to pay the difference in price (don't be expecting any free upgrades, even if they do have a better category room available). You might also want to go to your room as soon as it is available and examine it thoroughly before unpacking, and then heading back to the front desk right then if there's anything wrong -- to either have them correct the matter or to see if a different room is available which you might be happier in. Changing rooms might not always be possible because of a lack of alternate empty rooms, but if another room is available which they suggest, it would be easier for you to swap rooms before unpacking.

I've sometimes been given an option of a different room which fits my request better, but that room has sometimes not been available starting the very first night of my visit. If this happens to you, choose for yourself if relocating after one or more nights (as the case may be) is worth it to you -- or if you might be satisfied with where they first placed you. I have done both options at different times during my own Disney vacations. Note that Disney might be able to have a CM help you move your luggage and belongings from one location to another -- and this is also something available if you have booked more than one Disney resort during one vacation -- and that this service is provided for free... but please remember to tip the CM helping you with your luggage.
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Maresean Offline
Marianne

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 08, 2004, 6:49 am Quote

Tokelau gets my vote.  We were on the lagoon side but paid for a garden view.  Room 2913.  It had a perfect view of the lagoon and also the pool...I asked for 2nd floor balcony on the lagoon side of Tokelau.  Here was my request letter and it worked like a charm! I faxed it 3 days before our arrival.

Hello, we will be staying with you from 10/9/03 to 10/12/03 as the first part of our Disney Cruise Land and Sea Vacation.  We would like to make a Room request if possible.  Our son is 2 ˝ so a Non-Smoking Room and Building is definitely a priority for us.  
We would LOVE to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor in the TOKELAU
Longhouse on the Beach End (hopefully) X912,X913 or X915-X918.  
Our  2nd choice  would be a 3rd floor Balcony Room in SAMOA on the Volcano Pool side.  
We are hoping that you can possibly accommodate us with one of our room requests.  
Thank you in advance for your consideration and any help you can give us in making our first Disney vacation a memorable one!    
Sincerely,
 :thumbsup:

--------------
Marianne/Blake's Mom / Maresean
Profile PM
boscollage Offline
Bill

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Nov. 06, 2004, 12:41 pm Quote

hi all!  we are heading down to the polynesian on sunday nov. 14th......YAY!!!!!!!.... went last year and fell in love with the place....stayed in tokelau. It was great!!!  we called ahead and requested our room....only trouble is i can't remember when to call....  this website said the best time to call   who to call..etc., and it worked like a charm. If anybody can help me out i would appreciate it very much. thanks to everyone who  makes this  site so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
Bill / boscollage

Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Nov. 06, 2004, 4:49 pm Quote

Hi Bill, you must be getting so excited.  I think most people will tell you to call 3 days ahead, but that weekend is busy because of the holiday.  I think that I would call Monday.  Have a great time.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 08, 2004, 9:42 am Quote

The old method was to call or FAX 3-4 days before your arrival. But the Polynesian Resort has changed to honoring room requests, when possible, based on the comments left in the reservation itself -- with those who made the reservation getting first crack at getting their room request honored.

But good luck with calling them, Bill! By the way, I've added a countdown clock into your signature for you. And thank you for saying such nice things about the Disney Echo!
:hula2:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Suzanne74 Offline
Suzanne

Disney EchoEar

Posted: April 22, 2005, 10:59 pm Quote

Okay I just booked a last minute trip - debating where to stay but it is partial business for DH so we are splurging. Garden View Concierge - I am SO excited  :clap: I have never stayed at the Polynesian (but have visited many times and ALWAYS eat at 'Ohana's.) we also have never done concierge. We are leaving this coming Friday and when I talked to the CM who booked it yesterday, she didn't know much about concierge. Should I call them since I am not getting a planner since it is such last minute? I already asked the CM about PS and she didn't have Chef Mickey or CRT - which I am not suprised but we did book 'Ohana's. I asked if concierge would keep checking for us and she said - "uh, I think so."  Is there a way to contact them? She tried to transfer me and was unable to - very strange.

Also, any advice on staying there with a 3 yr old disney fanatic???  Anything special we should request - like towel animals, maybe a card from her favorite - Minnie. I don't want to expect too much but since I am new to concierge and paying a pretty penny, I don't want to miss anything either.

Thanks in advance!!
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: April 22, 2005, 11:18 pm Quote

First of all, Suzanne, welcome to the Echo.... I'm sure that Tikiman or Rich can help with your questions.... you might also try posting it in the Lizard Lounge thread here... Bambi and the other can probably help you there also.... it's for concierge fans.... good luck!  Concierge would also who could help with the 3 yr old....  there is an email address for them... you should try Tikiman's website...

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Posted: April 23, 2005, 1:09 pm Quote

You are going to love it there. Off the three concierges we have stayed at, this is the #1 for us. Sending you the link to Tikimans site. Enjoy the trip.
http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Posted: April 23, 2005, 2:19 pm Quote

Welcome Suzanne.  I would go to Tikiman's site and get the concierge email address.  You can email any requests for PS;s etc.  As far as other surprises like towel animals go, it depends on the mousekeepers.  A lot of times when our kids were little I would buy a card or little gift at home or in the gift shop and put it out at night after they were asleep and sign the cards from a favorite character.  They were so excited in the morning.  I hope you get Chef Mickey's, but if the concierge staff can't get it you should try the Crystal Palace.  If your DD likes Pooh and friends, she will love it.  Have a great trip!

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
17 replies since Feb. 06, 2004, 3:56 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Making room/longhouse requests at the Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement