Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Aloha, cousins! Welcome to the Polynesian Resort, E komo mai (Welcome) to the forum!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DZNYMGCFAM Offline
Stephanie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: May 13, 2005, 6:46 pm Quote

Thank you so much for your help!!  I am so excited about staying at the Poly!!  I have been there to check it out twice and absolutely love the resort.  

Polyfan4ever,  I totally agree...we all have our bad days...I do not let small things ruin my vacation!!  I am always just too happy to be at WDW to let that happen!!

My family has stayed at the POR for quite a few years and we love that resort as far as moderates go, and I can say that the bus situation over there needs improvement, but I would never let that affect my total WDW experience!!

Tikiman....thanks for answering my questions as well, I knew you would have the answers I seeked!!  I love your website by the way!!  Please do not ever quit doing that site, I just get so excited going on there looking at the pictures and reading all the information!!  

Thank again!!
Stephanie

--------------
Just happy to be part of The Echo, The Happiest Place on the Internet :)!!!

Off site in 1982
Grand Floridian 6-92 (Honeymoon)
Wilderness Lodge 8-95 (Oldest's 1st trip)
Dixie Landings in 5-97
Coronado/Dixie in 6-98(Middle's 1st trip)
Riverside in 5-99
Riverside in 5-00
Riverside in 5-02(Youngest's 1st trip)
Riverside in 6-03
Riverside in 6-04
Polynesian in 6-05  
Polynesian in 6-06
Ft. Wilderness in 6-07  

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Polyfan Offline
Mike

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 14, 2005, 12:50 pm Quote

Stephanie,
I have stayed at the Polynesian many times and have never noticed a "mildew smell". I would probably enjoy it though, as the basement in our house when I was a kid always smelled like mildew!!! I agree with Charline, the Poly is a fantastic resort and you will not be dissapointed. Have a great time and make sure to give us a report when you get back!

--------------

Profile PM
DZNYMGCFAM Offline
Stephanie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 14, 2005, 8:51 pm Quote

Thanks Polyfan!!  I can not wait to give my first ever trip report!!  I am looking forward to taking many notes while I am there so I can give my trip report!!

--------------
Just happy to be part of The Echo, The Happiest Place on the Internet :)!!!

Off site in 1982
Grand Floridian 6-92 (Honeymoon)
Wilderness Lodge 8-95 (Oldest's 1st trip)
Dixie Landings in 5-97
Coronado/Dixie in 6-98(Middle's 1st trip)
Riverside in 5-99
Riverside in 5-00
Riverside in 5-02(Youngest's 1st trip)
Riverside in 6-03
Riverside in 6-04
Polynesian in 6-05  
Polynesian in 6-06
Ft. Wilderness in 6-07  

Profile PM
Disneywacko Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: May 15, 2005, 4:28 pm Quote

Stephanie, I've never had any problem with a mildew smell.  If you do find that your room smells, you can probably call down to mousekeeping and see if they can do something to freshen up the room or run a dehumidifier.  If you keep your air conditioner running while you are at the parks, you shouldn't have any problem.

Enjoy the resort.

Julie

--------------
Disneywacko
Profile PM
BambiTamby Offline
The Original Lizard Lounge Queen !

Polynesian, AnimalKingdom Lodge & Concierge/Suites/LizLounge

Group: ModEARator
Posted: July 06, 2005, 11:11 pm Quote

Wow! Looks great, Rich! :thumbsup:

Hopefully Steve will get the new Tonga pictures downloaded onto his site soon. :tiki:

--------------
"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory."

Presenting.....The Lizard Lounge MickEmoticons!
:loungelizard: :loungelizard2: :jammielizard: :LizardPrego: :LizardBaby: :LizardCrazy: :LizardFlag: :LizardRedheadedStepchild: :LizardHula: :TikiFire: :LizardSpending: :LizardFreeBird: :LizardPirate: :LizardThumbsup: :LizardDrool:
:pie_lizard: :LizardHockey: :LizardWaterGun:
Profile PM WEB
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: July 08, 2005, 5:52 am Quote

Quick question, does Rarotonga still have a second floor walkway to the GCH?  Last time I was there I remember thinking it would have been handy to been on the 2nd floor then all you would have had to do was walk the "bridge" to GCH and gone straight to the monorail platform.  My mother at the time had horrible arthritis in her knees and steps were a killer for her.  We ended up getting her a motorized wheelchair, because after the first night we had to ice down her knees and she was having NO fun.  It is funny now, but at the time I didn't think so.  The first day at the parks with her new wheels she rolled over my foot and broke two of my toes.  There was an orthopedist at our hotel and he heard us talking about it, and he offered to tape them up for me, so I wouldn't hobble so much.  It helped loads and we were off.  Nice man.  Also has this building always been Rarotonga.  I thought it had a different name

--------------
Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Posted: July 08, 2005, 9:29 am Quote

Hi Gretta,  Rarotonga is not attached to the GCH(at least I never noticed in all of our visits) but it is close by.  The buildings changed names around the mid 90's, and I believe Rarotonga was Maori or Maui.  Check out Tikiman's site for maps and info.  It's the best.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: July 08, 2005, 1:02 pm Quote

Quote (MEsMommy @ July 08, 2005 04:52 am/pm)
Quick question, does Rarotonga still have a second floor walkway to the GCH?

Greta, Rarotonga does not have a second floor walkway to the GCH -- none of the longhouses do.

However, Rarotonga is connected by a second floor walkway to the Niue longhouse. This is because Niue is the only longhouse without an elevator, even though it is a two-story building. To get to the second floor of the Niue longhouse you use the elevator in the Rarotonga longhouse up to that floor and then walk across the deck connecting Rarotonga and Niue.

For more maps of the Polynesian Resort, click here.

The Rarotonga longhouse was originally called Maui. Then its name was changed to Maori and later renamed again to become Rarotonga.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: July 08, 2005, 1:44 pm Quote

I guess that shows you how observant I am :(
It must have been the bridge to Niue I saw, and "wished/thought" the bridge should go tothe GCH then in my now faded memory built it there.  Sorry for the confusion I caused everyone.  Although this does make me wonder why they feel need to change the names of the buildings.  Like you said why has this particular building been renamed 3 times?  Just curious

--------------
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Oct. 28, 2005, 10:50 pm Quote

I love how Disney describes the Polyesian Resort... Enter a distant land: the lush, tropical South Pacific — complete with white-sand beach, thatched roofs, swaying palms, koi ponds, volcanic rocks and more than 75 species of indigenous vegetation. Relish the unimaginable splendor of Polynesia as you settle into a warm welcoming world that celebrates "Ho'Onanea," the passing of time in languid tranquility. The distant lands of the tropical South Pacific come alive with accommodations including 847 Guest rooms and suites in a warm welcoming world.

Services and Amenities:
  • Room Service
  • Concierge desk
  • Health club/spa
  • Babysitting and child services
  • Pak-n-Play Crib available
  • Convenient self-parking
  • Valet parking available for a nominal fee
  • Rooms and facilities for Guests with disabilities
  • Laundry facilities/services
Sample tasty eats at 'Ohana, Kona Café and the bars and lounges serving tropical drinks and family fare.

Enhance your Resort stay with a variety of recreational offerings including pools, arcades, watercraft rentals and more.

Enjoy grand accommodations in a world where the magic never ends.

:hula2:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
31 replies since Dec. 29, 2003, 10:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Aloha, cousins! Welcome to the Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement