Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Question: Where should the Polynesian Resort add a hot tub? :: Total Votes:45
Mouseke-Poll choices Votes Statistics
A. Near the volcano pool 1  [2.22%]
B. Near the quiet pool 15  [33.33%]
C. Both! One near the volcano pool and another one near the quiet pool 13  [28.89%]
D. On the beach with a view of the castle 3  [6.67%]
E. Build a tower for it so we can wave at the monorail as it goes by 0  [0.00%]
F. Somewhere else (please post your suggestion) 3  [6.67%]
G. Not in my backyard... Wait a minute! YES! In my backyard!! 1  [2.22%]
H. Tikiman's backyard! For all that he's done for the Polynesian Resort, he deserves it! 0  [0.00%]
I. More than one of the above (please explain your choices) 3  [6.67%]
J. All of the above! 6  [13.33%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: No Hot Tub at Polynesian: Should There Be? Where?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Aug. 19, 2004, 1:57 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, Disney EchoEars!

I think we'll all agree that the Polynesian Resort needs a hot tub. After all, it is the only Deluxe resort at WDW which doesn't have one. And Tikiman has told us that even the general manager of the resort is trying to get one added.

So, let's help them out: We can make suggestions on where to put a hot tub at the Polynesian Resort! Of course, they'll never read our suggestions (or won't admit it if they do), but it will be fun.

Here are the choices I put into this semi-tongue-in-cheek poll about where they should add a hot tub:
  • A. Near the volcano pool
  • B. Near the quiet pool
  • C. Both! One near the volcano pool and another one near the quiet pool
  • D. On the beach with a view of the castle
  • E. Build a tower for it so we can wave at the monorail as it goes by
  • F. Somewhere else (please post your suggestion)
  • G. Not in my backyard... Wait a minute! YES! In my backyard!!
  • H. Tikiman's backyard! For all that he's done for the Polynesian Resort, he deserves it!
  • I. More than one of the above (please explain your choices)
  • J. All of the above!

Registered Disney EchoEars (and not Guests) may vote once in this poll. After voting you will be shown the current vote totals. Note: If you click the button that says...
Code Sample
'View Results (Null Vote)'

...to view the totals before voting, you will not be able to vote later (because seeing the current voting patterns would have an influence on the outcome of the poll). You may only vote once.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
2mousemom Offline
Chrissy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 19, 2004, 4:55 pm Quote

I think they should build three, one near the quiet pool, one near the volcano pool and another one in Tikiman's backyard.  Heck, he brings more business to the Polynesian than Disney does!  He deserves it!

--------------
Chrissy / 2mousemom

Profile PM
Goofy's Mom Offline
Janie

Posted: Aug. 19, 2004, 8:47 pm Quote

I have one just about 10 steps from my patio door, but still think the Polynesian needs one with a castle view. I sure do not have a castle view here where I live.

--------------
1976 Off Site - 1980 Off Site - 1988 Off Site - 2002 POR - 2003 Polynesian - 2004 Pop Century - 2005 Polynesian, French Quarters 2006
Profile PM
BambiTamby Offline
The Original Lizard Lounge Queen !

Polynesian, AnimalKingdom Lodge & Concierge/Suites/LizLounge

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Aug. 20, 2004, 2:09 am Quote

All of the above sounds good to me!

But seriously, there needs to be at least two.
One by the volcano pool and the other, by the quiet pool...
which could be for "adults only" (16 yo plus).

At least the Polynesian would have the first "Big Kids" Hot tub! :coolgrin:

--------------
"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory."

Presenting.....The Lizard Lounge MickEmoticons!
:loungelizard: :loungelizard2: :jammielizard: :LizardPrego: :LizardBaby: :LizardCrazy: :LizardFlag: :LizardRedheadedStepchild: :LizardHula: :TikiFire: :LizardSpending: :LizardFreeBird: :LizardPirate: :LizardThumbsup: :LizardDrool:
:pie_lizard: :LizardHockey: :LizardWaterGun:
Profile PM WEB
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Aug. 20, 2004, 9:48 am Quote

I am in the minority who would be ok if they never put one in but if it did I say near the quiet pool. My reasons for not even wanting one are:

1. Too hot outside to want to sit in heat.
2. kids just take it over.
3. I know too much about what kind of stuff is floating around in those public things.
4. never enough room to relax anyway.

We have been busy working around the new house and I was in the back yard talking about what would go nicely on the side of the house and someone said a hot tub and I said I would get more use out of a pool. I would hardly use a hot tub. Right now it is too hot outside to think of a hot tub.

When we were at both the AKL and the Yacht Club the hot tubs were packed with people. Some could only get their feet in.

The only reason I would want to see a hot tub at the Polynesian is for those of you who would enjoy it.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: Feb. 19, 2005, 7:34 am Quote

I think they need one near the volcano pool.  My idea is to have it in the top of the volcano crater so you have a great view of the resort.  I also agree with the gang there needs to be an adult only hot tub as well.  Maybe with a swim up bar, so we could drink lapu Lapus and plan the next days adventure without "MiniMe's crawling all over you" :hula:

--------------
Profile PM
Disneygoddess19 Offline
Shannon

Posted: Feb. 19, 2005, 5:22 pm Quote

All of the above sounds good to me!

Me too!

I think they need one near the volcano pool.  My idea is to have it in the top of the volcano crater so you have a great view of the resort.  I also agree with the gang there needs to be an adult only hot tub as well.  Maybe with a swim up bar, so we could drink lapu Lapus and plan the next days

That is an awesome idea!

:hottubie:

--------------

My VMK name is CPShan. I own the rooms Disney Ear Party, and the Secret Lagoon

"I would rather die tomorrow, than live a hundred years without knowing you" - John Smith
Profile PM
DisneyDonna Offline
Donna

Posted: Feb. 20, 2005, 8:48 am Quote

I am in the minority who would be ok if they never put one in but if it did I say near the quiet pool. My reasons for not even wanting one are:
1. Too hot outside to want to sit in heat.
2. kids just take it over.
3. I know too much about what kind of stuff is            floating around in those public things.
4. never enough room to relax anyway.

I'm with you, Steve. I voted for "somewhere else" - like at another resort. I don't use public hot tubs for much the same reasons, esp. after my cousin worked as a health department inspector for several years. Lots of little nasties want to enjoy that warm water right along with you.

--------------

Polynesian/Polynesian concierge: 1972, 1991, 1997-2000, 2001(2x), 2002(2x), 2003, 2004(6x), 2005(6x), 2006 - 3x and counting!
Profile PM
Polysisterchick Offline
Rachel

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 21, 2005, 7:05 pm Quote

I voted for all the above.  I agree with B.T.  too. They would need to have age limits on them. Also with MEsMommy. They would need to put it on the top of the volcano. :hottubie:

--------------

We must never stop believing in our wishes, for they are the true magic in the world.

:fireworks: :MagicKingdom: :fireworks:           

To where you are
Which Josh Groban song are you?

brought to you by Quizilla
Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Posted: Feb. 22, 2005, 5:55 pm Quote

I voted for near the quiet pool, but I wouldn't get into a public hot tub if you paid me.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
17 replies since Aug. 19, 2004, 1:57 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: No Hot Tub at Polynesian: Should There Be? Where?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement