Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Stay at Polynesian AND another WDW Resort too, Resort Switching< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
aimsicle Offline
Amy Liggett

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 1:59 am Quote

Since my hubby would like to have more "free money", he does not want to spend that much on the hotel, but I REALLY would like to stay in the Polynesian, I was wondering if it would be nuts to change hotels.  We are going to go there for 7 days/6 nights in late September.

At first we decided we could stay at a moderate, but now I am wondering if it would be worth it to switch mid-stay from a value resort (Pop Century) to the Polynesian.

We are going with a 6 year old and a 1 year old so we will likely spend most of our stay at WDW at MK.  I was thinking that for the first part of our trip, we could stay in Pop Century and go to the other parks (so I won't hear my daughter whining about going back to MK), and then for the last part of the trip, stay at the Poly and go to MK.   :happydance:

Would that switching make us nuts?   :smart: Or is that a good compromise?   :idea:

And, if we do stay at the Poly, considering I will have a one year old (the less walking the better), would it be ideal to stay at Tahiti on the first floor in a lagoon view?

Thanks for your help!  Maybe if he stays at the Poly for part of the trip, he will become a convert!

--------------
Profile PM YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 8:02 am Quote

I say go for it.A lot of people change in the middle of their stay.From what I understand they will transport you stuff for you,all you do is sign  out/in.Now I may be wrong on that.As for wanting a close room IMHO it seems to me(having stayed at both) that Rapa Nui is closer too the TTC.Going out the side door the path is like right there.It is also closer too the new bus stop.A nice garden view.Have a magical time.
CHeryl :love:

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
aimsicle Offline
Amy Liggett

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 9:59 am Quote

I would like a good view of either the fireworks or water parade, too!   :love:  I was thinking of a lagoon view.

AND...I am not against going concierge.  I am considering getting an annual pass to get some good rates (if available at that time of year).  

So what longhouse would be close to the transportation and everything AND has great views?  Hawaii?  I need to read more about the concierge service!   :hungry:

If I am changing my rooms mid-trip, does that kind of preclude me from getting a package?  I am thinking against getting a package only because I won't know until the last minute if an AP would help, and I can't wait to book that long!

--------------
Profile PM YIM
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 10:52 am Quote

Here is a map too the Poly from Steve's site.You can get a pretty good idea where everything in located.The only thing that has changed is the bus stop is now located be the Neverland Club.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/poly.jpgge
Cheryl :love:

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 11:52 am Quote

If I am changing my rooms mid-trip, does that kind of preclude me from getting a package?  I am thinking against getting a package only because I won't know until the last minute if an AP would help, and I can't wait to book that long!

Unless you really want the extras in the package ( which are not really a deal)  You can go cheaper just booking your rooms and buying your passes.... then if you want a character breakfast or whatever, just book it yourself.... The packages are convienient, but, they are not money savers....You want a private audience with Mickey?  Head to his tent at Toontown, he will greet you in his private dressing room... If your husband is all for saving money.... the package is not the way to go....

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 12:05 pm Quote

No, not a nutty idea at all. I think staying at the Polynesian or another great Disney on-property hotel makes ALL the difference in one's vacation. At least it did for me. There was no comparison, for example, between my stay at Port Orleans or All Stars and my stay at Poly. Your husband's lucky---I'd have insisted the whole trip be at the Polynesian!

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Posted: Jan. 17, 2004, 1:01 pm Quote

Go for the POLY!!!  But, a word of warning, you will fall in love with the place!!  We always stayed at the Poly when our DDs were young.  Transportation is so much easier, and if you get a ground floor, lagoon view, DH and you can relax looking at the castle while the young ones sleep.  Romantic!  If you can save up and Poly all the way, go for it.  If money is a concern, then split between a low cost hotel and the Poly, but do the Poly last!!  Hope this helps!

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
6 replies since Jan. 17, 2004, 1:59 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Stay at Polynesian AND another WDW Resort too
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement