Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort, Hawaii, Tahiti, or another longhouse?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: July 19, 2005, 12:10 pm Quote

Hiya Everyone,

I was just re-reading all these posts from the past year or more. Wow. Although I realize that people here are talking specifically about LV in most cases, and maybe I'll stay LV someday, I'd like to reiterate that we stayed (in January of '05) on the 3rd floor of Fiji, facing the GF/beach. Our view was absolutely amazing. The sunsets were beautiful. We could see the tiki torches lit along paths and the beach. We got a glimpse of the lagoon and boats. Each morning we saw the sand being "raked." The foliage, including the palm trees, were beautiful. We had a wonderful view of the GF, esp the wedding pavilion. Maybe best of all, we could see the monorail in the distance coming from the GF toward Aeotorea (sp?) and the GCH.

Yesterday just for kicks I looked at the Tikiman's site again to see if there was possibly another great Garden View room OR Lagoon View locale I'd consider for next time. You know what? I couldn't find a better one. (I have stayed on the other side of the Polynesian twice and there was no comparison, room or view-wise, in my opinion. I've never stayed in Tahiti LV, however, which may be a worthy comparison. I know of few other GV rooms that would compare to the views you'll get from Fiji.) We also walked around the property when we were there in January and neither of us could imagine a better spot for us. We'll probably ask for Fiji marina view next time. (I'd also be happy with Aeotorea, I think. Last time I actually requested this as our 1st choice, but now I'm happy we wound up in Fiji!;)

Another nice thing about Fiji is that, aside from the luau music and sounds (which CAN be nice too), it is a quiet location, and as far as walking traffic, boat traffic, and pool noise are concerned, you're "buffered" by the lagoon on either side (and a large stretch of beach on the GF side). It's somewhat removed from the hussle and bussle, but very close to the GCH too. We were also pretty darn close to the boat launch, and we used that ALL the time with our almost-toddler. I don't see how you could ask for more...except maybe watching the Wishes fireworks from your room. But we watched these from the beach in a nice swing with the baby in his stroller (one of maybe 5 times we saw Wishes), and had the advantage of hearing the piped in music too. So I'm not convinced watching from our room would've been any better. So at the moment at least, my favorite longhouse is Fiji. We didn't have a LV, but it was definitely excellent view-wise and location-wise.

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: July 19, 2005, 12:25 pm Quote

Julie,

Our very first stay at the Polnesian we stayed in the Fiji Longhouse, we had a spectacular view of the marina and if leaned out "just a bit" we could see the fireworks in the evenings.  To me, it was postacard picture perfect.  We loved sitting on our balcony and watching the little boats coming and going, just watching all the excitement.  We were close enough to everythihng but yet far enough to be such an awesome view.  We loved it!

We've stayed the Fiji, Samoa and Hawaii Longhouses and all have been wonderful and would happily stay in them again.

:minnie:

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator
Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
Polyfan Offline
Mike

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Oct. 23, 2005, 7:50 am Quote

We stayed in room 2507 in the Hawaii building in early August and the view was absolutely spectacular!!! I literally don't think you could have a more direct, unobstructed view of the castle. It was our first time staying concierge on the lagoon side and it was an amazing experience. To be able to watch the EP and Wishes every night with my wife and 2 sons (3 & 4) was breathtaking. Being on the 2nd floor with no balcony was not too much of a problem but I sure wish I knew what they were thinking when they designed the older buildings this way. I really can't think of any benefit to not having the balcony and the price is the same.

--------------

Profile PM
Polyfan Offline
Mike

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Oct. 23, 2005, 7:54 am Quote

One side note to my above post: being on the 2nd floor in Hawaii does have a great benefit. That of being on the same floor as the Concierge Lounge. This made getting drinks/snacks more convenient than being on the 1st or 3rd floor!

--------------

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 14, 2006, 8:37 pm Quote

There is now a special category with a higher rate for Magic Kingdom View rooms at the Polynesian Resort which aren't in the Hawaii Longhouse (Club Concierge Level). Click here for details.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
94 replies since May 19, 2004, 3:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement