Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort, Hawaii, Tahiti, or another longhouse?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pixie Chick Offline
Bethanie Flynn

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: May 18, 2004, 11:09 pm Quote

Aloha Helen,

We went to the Poly last Sept. and stayed in Tahiti.  Although I don't think you can go wrong with any lagoon view room there, we did stay on the 3rd floor.  I can't remember the exact room number but it was near the end of the right side of the building (if you were facing it from the beach).  Our view was awesome!  Here is a link to some of the pictures we took during our trip that includes the views from our room (click on the thumbnails to enlarge).

WDW Sept. 2003

Have a great trip!   :minnie:

--------------
Oct. '92 Port Orleans
Dec. '95 Port Orleans
Oct. '00 Caribbean Beach/POFQ
Sept. '01 Coronado Springs
Oct. '02 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Sept. '03 POR/Polynesian LVC
Nov. '04 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Nov. '04 Grand Floridian

Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
cdnliving Offline
Karen

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: May 18, 2004, 11:40 pm Quote

Thanks Pixie Chick - I am so glad we are staying at the Poly.  I realized after reading your post that I didnt explain myself very well.  We are staying Poly Concierge, but are tossed up between concierge garden and concierge lagoon - just wondering if CLV is worth the extra 100$/night.  I realize it's a matter of personal preference/budget etc., but I wanted to hear everyones personal experiences & opinions....we have a week left before we must choose one or the other....
thanks so much for sharing your experience..... sounds like PLV was great & no matter where we stay at the Poly, it will be wonderful - can't wait!!!

--------------

Profile PM
Minnie Mare Offline
Mariann

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 19, 2004, 6:49 am Quote

Hi Helen, You may be referring to my post and pictures.  We stayed in Hawaii room 3501 and I loved that room for a few reasons.  It's the first room as you come off the elevator and right next to the doors for the upstairs lounge.  I found this to be very convenient and I never heard a sound of people going by.  I know it's not a long walk down the hall, but it was great to walk out of the door and downstairs.  The views were fabulous and since you are the end room, no one on one side of your patio.  I am sure all rooms have wonderful views, but I really did love 3501. :)

--------------

Last vacation: Polynesian Resort 3/9-13/04, US/IOA 3/13-16/04
Profile PM
cdnliving Offline
Karen

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: May 19, 2004, 8:09 am Quote

looking forward to hearing from some more of you seasoned Poly fans....

--------------

Profile PM
polyman Offline
Steve

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 19, 2004, 8:52 am Quote

Karen,

We've stayed at the Polynesian 3 times, the last 2 were lagoon view concierge - 3rd floor balcony.  There was nothing like getting up early in the morning, having breakfast in the lounge and enjoying a second cup of coffee on your balcony.  The view of the castle changing colors at night is like none other.  The Polynesian is so different than the rest of WDW.  IMHO it is the best resort to return to after a day at the parks.

--------------
Steve
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: May 19, 2004, 9:01 am Quote

I've never stayed at either level of concierge service, but I want to jump in here, too. We never could justify in our minds the increased expense of staying at the concierge level at all -- so some could say "You don't know what you're missing" of course. Are the treats provided really much different than, say, one of the better Hampton Inns which provide many breakfast offerings, free wine and snacks in the late afternoon, etc.? While we've enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns, when we're traveling -- but not once we've arrived at WDW -- I'm not really interested in those kinds of amenities while we're at the Polynesian.

We like doing the occasional Character meal (breakfast or dinner), and we'd be wasting the free food opporTOONity on mornings that we'd have a Character meal. Other mornings, we really like the offerings that Captain Cook's offers for breakfast: our son can be satisfied with Fruit Loops and milk and perhaps a donut as well, while all of us have OJ, a banana and Carol & I have coffee and whatever else we choose such as an omelette or scrambled eggs, a croissant, bacon or sausage, and a fruit cup. Whatever we choose, we enjoy bringing it outside to the tables at either Captain Cook's patio or poolside.

From what I've heard and read, the offerings at the concierge lounge wouldn't justify the expense for my particular family -- but that's a judgement call for everyone to decide on their own.

I have stayed in the Hawaii building (long ago when it was called a different name and before they had concierge service) and I agree with those who rave about the view of the castle and the Seven Seas Lagoon. But for us, it isn't worth the expense. There are other great views in less expensive rooms at the Polynesian... frankly, I think it is the nicest-looking resort in all of Walt Disney World. And the pools and great beach are open to all Polynesian Resort guests -- even hammocks if you're lucky enough to snag an empty one. Hey, they need Priority Seating for those hammocks!
:idea:

Just my opinions! :hula2:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: May 19, 2004, 9:32 am Quote

I think the Polynesian has many great views from all thier rooms but for me Concierge Lagooon View is the best view in the resort. All the Lagoon views are great but the location of Hawaii Longhouse and the views between the islands at the castle are the best on property. It must be worth it to me since we have stayed Concierge LV for the last 4 trips and it already cost enough to fly out from California.

Rich is right. This does not mean there are not other great views that many have enjoyed and in some cases like even better. I just prefer the LV

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

Posted: May 19, 2004, 9:40 am Quote

I would say all the Tahiti lagoon views are great. The only 3rd floor room I can remember with any palms very close were the two rooms that are on either side of the middle access to the building from the beach (3028 and 3029). Other than that they should be fine. I was told that the trees on one of the islands has started to block part of the castle for the ground floor rooms toward the east end but most of the ground floor rooms still have a view of the castle and all of them still have a view of Space Mtn and the lagoon. We stayed on the second floor and had a great view. Just remember half the second floor on the east end is smoking but they have doors that separate the east end hall from the west end hall at the sitting area.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Profile PM WEB
RJlvsTigger Offline
Dorothy

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: May 19, 2004, 9:50 am Quote

We have a PCLV booked for 9/18 and can't wait.  We decided to go "all out" and book the LV because we think it would be especially magical for our son (and us) to see the Castle / Fireworks / Water Parade etc. every day from our balcony / patio / window.  I know you can do the same thing from the beach but after a long day at the parks, I think it will be nice to just relax and watch it all from the comfort of your room.

As for Concierge service being worth the extra $$$, I think it is.  We've never stayed at the Poly Concierge before but we did take advantage of it at the Wilderness Lodge and it was fantastic (Yes, I know this is the Polynesian message board).  In addition to the food and goodies, there were a lot of little extras that made you feel pampered.  The WL may be a good idea for someone who wants to see if Concierge is for them since it is the least expensive of the deluxe hotels.  The only down side is that it's not the Polynesian.

--------------

Polynesian 1992
Wilderness Lodge 1998
Wilderness Lodge 2002
Polynesian 2003
Beach Club Resort 2004
Polynesian 2004
Contemporary 2005
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

Posted: May 19, 2004, 9:56 am Quote

Dorothy,

If you liked WL concierge you will LOVE Polynesian Concierge. WL is not even a full concierge. In fact since the WL Concierge is so limited they don’t even fully staff it. The Polynesian Island Planning Office is who takes calls for PS and other requests for the WL. Also I have been told the offerings at the WL are not even half what you get at the Polynesian but I guess you will have to tell us how they compare after your visit to the Polynesian since you will have been at both.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Profile PM WEB
94 replies since May 19, 2004, 3:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement