Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort, Hawaii, Tahiti, or another longhouse?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 21, 2004, 12:26 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, LJP / dreamalittledream!

Thanks for sharing about your trip with us as well as joining the Disney Echo!

Here's a Poly-inspired pair of Disney EchoEars for you with my thanks:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Pattymouse Offline
Pat L

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 07, 2004, 9:20 am Quote

I hope Tikiman or another "in the know" person can help me. I booked Hawaii lagoon view for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be in the world from 11-28-04 thru 12-5-04. I know Hawaii is concierge and this is what I booked with a AAA discount. Are the views from Tahiti lagoon viewjust as good? I do not know if the additional expense is worth it, but the view is very important to my hubby. It is a suprise that we are getting concierge lagoon view. He thinks I have a regular garden view room. Thanks for all of your help.

--------------

Profile PM
Disneyhappy Offline

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 07, 2004, 9:36 am Quote

Pattymouse-
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your quesion. I'm sure Tikiman does. I just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming 25th anniversary!  I can't think of a better way to celebrate!!! LOL

--------------

Profile PM
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 07, 2004, 1:49 pm Quote

:pixiedust:  Congratulations!!!  We have stayed in the Tahiti Longhouse on 3 occasions, always lagoon view.  The view was incredible!!  My only "complaint" (albeit very small one) is that there are no speakers piping in the music on the lagoon side of Tahiti.  I love the music and listening to it while sitting outside is so romantic  :hearts:

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
Pattymouse Offline
Pat L

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Mar. 07, 2004, 5:36 pm Quote

Disney Happy and Mary,

Thanks for the info!

--------------

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Mar. 07, 2004, 8:24 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo and aloha, Pattymouse!

Happy anniversary in advance and welcome to the Disney Echo! Here's an early anniversary gift with my thanks for posting here and joining the Disney Echo, Pattymouse:

I've put your Ears and a countdown clock into your signature for you. Oh, and have some pixiedust, too! :pixiedust:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Mar. 08, 2004, 10:13 am Quote

Both have some great views of the castle and some not perfect views. IF you took the best views from Tahiti and Hawaii I would say Hawaii is a little better but the view is very close to the same. There are some rooms down at the far end of Tahiti that the castle gets a little hidden (the bottom of it) because you are looking over the island in the middle where in the Hawaii view you are looking between the islands. I like both myself and I don’t completely judge my view by how much castle I can see since there is so much else to see with the lagoon view also. A bad Polynesian lagoon view still beats most other WDW resort views in my opinion.

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
911medic Offline
Helen Frick

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: May 18, 2004, 5:53 pm Quote

OK, so i requested the Tahiti Longhouse for our Lagoon View Stay at the Poly. I know Tikiman said he 's stayed tahiti before and that it's great for views. My question is, Which room(s) have you stayed in ( if you remember) and was it a good view. I guess i can always just wait till we get there and if we don't like the room, TRY to get another one. It's my husbands first trip to disney so i want it to be GREAT. I read on the previous posts that someone stayed 3rd floor tahiti, and they posted pictures. That was an awesome view and i wanted to know if they remember what room it was. Anyways i appreciate all your help! we are going in september!!! Thanks!

-Helen :hula:

--------------
Profile PM AOL
cdnliving Offline
Karen

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: May 18, 2004, 10:15 pm Quote

Okay everyone - I would like to hear from all of you who have stayed at the Poly Concierge Garden and/ or concierge Lagoon  - We are a family of 4 (children aged 10 and 7) travelling to the Poly in July.  For those of you who have been Poly concierge, where did you stay, and were you glad you  stayed there, or would you have rather upgraded to Lagoon for the extra $100/night?  Thanks so much for your HO's.....

--------------

Profile PM
Pixie Chick Offline
Bethanie Flynn

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 18, 2004, 10:37 pm Quote

Hi Karen,
In response to your questions, here are my 2 cents worth:

We stayed at the Poly for the 1st time last September.  I have to say it was the most magical trip to Disney ever for us!  We stayed concierge lagoon view, and since Hawaii was undergoing rehab we were in Tahiti on the 3rd floor.  When we walked into our room for the first time, I immediately ran to the balcony and was awestruck - the view was awesome!  I had looked at the pictures on Tikimans website so I thought I knew what to expect, but it was so amazing to see it in person!!  I felt concierge was worth the extra money as we were traveling with our 1-year old daughter and noshed on the food quite frequently.  It was nice not to have to run out to breakfast every morning (although we did do a few character breakfasts) if you didn't want to, and all the milk and water came in handy, not to mention the in-room refrigerator.  We are going again in October and since we got spoiled last year with the view and the concierge service we did upgrade to CLV.  However, the view was everything to me.  We never closed the curtains in the room as I couldn't get enough of seeing the Castle and the Contemporary.  If given the choice between CGV or just a LV, I would have to go with the LV, although I would be happy to stay ANYWHERE at the Poly!  
Best wishes in your planning and have a great trip!

:hula: :hula:  :hula:

--------------
Oct. '92 Port Orleans
Dec. '95 Port Orleans
Oct. '00 Caribbean Beach/POFQ
Sept. '01 Coronado Springs
Oct. '02 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Sept. '03 POR/Polynesian LVC
Nov. '04 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Nov. '04 Grand Floridian

Profile PM WEB
94 replies since May 19, 2004, 3:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Best Castle View Rooms at Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement