Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Pictures of the Polynesian Resort, Send yours in, too!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: May 17, 2004, 4:16 am Quote

Yoo Hoo and aloha, Disney EchoEars!

This topic will present an ongoing pictorial tour of Disney's Polynesian Resort -- and please post or send me pictures you've taken so we can keep building and building this topic with more pictures. That way, whenever we need our Polynesian Resort fix, we can scroll through the pictures here, any day of the month even in the nighttime, for that matter!
;)

Welcome home!

We've always been greeted by a cheery "Welcome home!" from the friendly security guards when driving ourselves to Disney's Polynesian Resort. I like that.
:hula2:

Great Ceremonial House: Aloha!

Imagine being greeted with this warm welcome when you arrive just inside the Great Ceremonial House (GCH) at Disney's Polynesian Resort (DPR)!

If anyone knows who this darling Cast Member is, please reply! I was too entranced to notice her name.
:wwww:

The front desk where you check in (unless you are a concierge Guest) can be seen along the far wall in this picture.

The lush foliage of the tropical landscaping inside the GCH immediately gets you in a South Sea Islands mood.

A relaxing seating area is found at the rear of the GCH where you can exit to a path that will take you to the volcano pool. The large windows and outdoor landscaping make a seamless transition from the indoor areas to outdoors.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or have we just discovered a Hidden Lapu Lapu? Better turn on the camera's flash to make sure...

Why, indeed we have! Let's move in for a closer look.

Ah... So nice and refreshing -- even without the waterfall in the background!

See what I mean? Why, you can almost reach out a take it...

Too late! Looks like my DW (Darling Wife... or Disney Wife if you prefer) Carol and DS (Darling/Disney Son) Michael have beat you to it!

Don't worry! He found a non-alcoholic version of the lapu lapu -- and said it tasted a lot like lemonade.

All this picture-taking is thirsty work! Here I am relaxing in the shade with my own tasty lapu lapu.

Well, it was a shady spot, until DW Carol used the flash!

Next, how about some shopping -- Polynesian style! :hula2:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: May 17, 2004, 5:47 am Quote

Shopping for Polynesian SouvenEARS at the Polynesian Resort

Here's a look at just a few of the shops that add to the tropical flavor of the Great Ceremonial House and the Outrigger Assembly House which connects to it.

News From Polynesia, located on the first floor of the GCH, is where you can find all sorts of great souvenEARS.

Perhaps Stitch is upset because his ukelele is broken... I don't think it is supposed to be that way. :uhoh:

Head out of the shop to your right and you'll see this:

This inviting scene with its native-style boat filled with treasures beckons you to head towards it down the hallway from the Great Ceremonial House to Maui Mickey's.

And here's the Big Kahuna himself, the Main Mouse on the Island, Maui Mickey! Tropically-attired Minnie Mouse is right beside him.

The Polynesian Princess is right next to Maui Mickey's and has island-themed clothing for women. A men's shop is just down the hall, too.

Here's a wider view of the Polynesian Princess with Maui Mickey's in the foreground.

All this shopping's giving me an appetite! Look to the right of the Polynesian Princess  and you'll see this sign over the entrance to Captain Cook's Snack Company.

Yes, that's Captain Cook, who sailed the South Seas -- and not Captain Cook who you might think of when you see this pirate ship and seagull etched into the window of Captain Cook's.

This bewitching enchantress seems familiar, as if Peter Pan's Mermaid Lagoon is her home.

Right by the entrance you'll see what kind of grub the good Captain has waiting for you inside.

There's only one style of refillable mugs at the Polynesian Resort and all of the mugs have the same color handles and lids. But it sure has a very pleasing design:

Besides the blue lid and handle, the rest of the mug is white with a colorful scene of Minnie enjoying her lapu lapu refill (I know it's the refill because it is in the cup, not the pineapple) on a hammock between two palm trees on the Polynesian Resort beach as Mickey surfboards into the scene.

On one side of the cup, Mickey's "hangin' eight" (inside his yellow shoes) on his surfboard. Don't get your gloves and shoes wet, Mickey!

Minnie relaxes on the other side of the cup, lounging in a hammock with her lapu lapu refill.

If you'd like more to eat than what Captain Cook's has to offer, you can also choose from 'Ohana, the Kona Café, and the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. Let's go outside now to Luau Cove where the Spirit of Aloha dinner show takes place each night.

Oops! Looks like we got here a bit too early. The sun hasn't even set yet.

I don't think the Tiki gods will mind if we take a look around in the daylight. Besides, we might be able to look at some things that are harder to see at night.

Ah! Here's the dining area where Guests can feast on all-you-care to eat luau-style food and all you can drink, uh, drinks -- while watching the show.

Those sitting furthest from the stage have a raised floor to give them a slightly-better view.

You'll know you've had too much to drink when these Tikis look perfectly straight to you. :drunk:

The food is placed on those boat-shaped raised platters. Don't worry about tipping them over: they're attached to the tables.

Here's something you won't see during the nighttime performances -- my DS Michael doing the chicken dance on stage!
:happydance:

But if outdoor dining's not your thing, let's go inside the Great Ceremonial House again and take a look at 'Ohana and the Kona Café.

'Ohana

Here's a brief look at 'Ohana, where there is a Character breakfast with Mickey Mouse and friends in the mornings and nighttime has dinners featuring meat cooked over an open fire pit:

Kona Café

You can actually see the monorails go by outside the windows at the Kona Café, but you might not notice because you'll be concentrating on the great food and the restaurant's Polynesian decor.

Unique rotating fans on the ceiling make this a "cool" place!

Michael found the Power Rangers Ninja Storm featured on the kids menu when we were there in April 2004.

Lilo and Stitch didn't fall into a vat of chocolate -- they're carved out of it!

No licking allowed!  :tsk:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: May 17, 2004, 5:57 am Quote

Nighttime is when Disney's Polynesian Resort has an even more romantic atmosphere.

I didn't use a flash with any of these pictures, which is why they're a bit grainy.

The lights of the Hawaii longhouse at night sparkle on the water.

One of those is our room in the Fiji longhouse, across from the marina.

Please contribute your own pictures to this topic! :nod:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
JCricket Offline
Dave Adams

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: May 17, 2004, 8:49 am Quote

:clapping:  Even though we stay at Ft W when we go to WDW, we love to go through the other resorts, and it's great to see other peoples pictures of the resorts.  It makes planning our trip more exciting.  Thanks for the great show Rich.  You Are da man,    :bowdown:

--------------
Remembering my April 2008 Ft. Wilderness vacation.
Profile PM
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Posted: May 17, 2004, 9:09 am Quote

Hay Rich,great pictures.It's great to be able to put faces to names.I would like to add some pic.but alas I don't know how! :blush2:  :laugh: HELP!

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
disneyhottie0731 Offline
Kelly

Posted: May 17, 2004, 9:33 am Quote

OOO I'm even more excited for my trip now! (I didn't think that was possible)Thank you soo much!

--------------
Kelly

Please stand clear of the doors
Por favor, mantenge se, allehado de las peurtas
Profile PM AOL YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: May 17, 2004, 10:22 am Quote

Quote (Ilovdisney @ May 17, 2004 08:09 am/pm)
Hay Rich,great pictures.It's great to be able to put faces to names.I would like to add some pic.but alas I don't know how! :blush2:  :laugh: HELP!

Yoo Hoo, Cheryl -- and all Disney EchoEars who'd like to post pictures but don't know how...

Cheryl, I've sent you a private message about how to send me the pictures if you don't already have them on the net. All other Disney EchoEars, click the "PM" button below my message to send me a Private Message saying that you'd like to know how to do this, too, and I'll reply with info including which of my email addresses to send your pictures to so I can help get them online and posted here.
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
texassherri Offline
Sherri Ross

Posted: May 17, 2004, 1:29 pm Quote

Thanks for the pictures Rich!!!  Makes me realize all the pictures I forgot to take!  If I took over 300....how many did you take?

--------------
Sherri

Grand Floridian 2002
Polynesian trip April 2004
Grand Floridian April 2005
DisneyLand June 2006
Grand Floridian December 2006
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: May 17, 2004, 2:20 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, Sherri!

I actually didn't take many traditional snapshots at all... but I did take a lot of digital video, knowing that I'd be able to capture still images from the videos once I got home. Most of the images you see here were made that way.

I shot about 6 hours of video, and with 30 images per second in video... you do the math!  :coolgrin:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: May 17, 2004, 3:50 pm Quote

Is that a new version of the Disney Echo nametag I see hanging from your lanyard?

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
48 replies since May 17, 2004, 4:16 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Pictures of the Polynesian Resort
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement