Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions of Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 6:43 pm Quote

Pam I am so happy that you are now a convert :love: We love the polynesian and of all the resorts we have stayed at,this one is our favorite.Can't wait for Dec. to roll around 15 night at the polynesian.  When those couples got married where were they? We are looking to renew our vows there, 25 years and think the beach would be the place, but where?

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
JohnnyTarHeel Offline
John Flynn

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 10:49 pm Quote

Welcome to the Polynesian cult!   LOL  Just kidding...and yes we saw a lot of people getting married there too.  People getting their pictures taken in the lobby and several times we saw people out on the point with tables and flowers set up, in between the 2 beaches.

--------------
Profile PM WEB
PamNC Offline
Pam Rowe

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Feb. 20, 2004, 9:45 am Quote

Cheryl - what a wonderful place to renew your vows.  They were doing it in the center of the resort, lagoon side, between the two beach areas.  There is a walkway and a paved, round section.  It's a beautiful setting for a wedding.  

PamNC

--------------
Profile PM
Minnie Mare Offline
Mariann

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 20, 2004, 11:39 am Quote

Pam, thanks for all the great things you had to say about the Polynesian!  We will be there soon, I'm doing the :hula:. I'm glad you had a wonderful time :nod:

--------------

Last vacation: Polynesian Resort 3/9-13/04, US/IOA 3/13-16/04
Profile PM
alacazander Offline
Connie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 25, 2004, 5:40 pm Quote

Hello Everyone,
I just found this wonderful board today and i'm very happy to be here!  

We have our first family trip planned for September 8th for an entire week!  Waaahhhoo!

We are staying at the Polynesian in the LVC Hawaii and are so thrilled!

Has anyone done the Polynesian with a toddler?  We have a 2 1/2 year old (or will be when we go) and would love to hear what you enjoyed about the hotel with kids!

My dh has been once to WDW and it's been a good 15 years since i've been!  Feels like the first time since so much has changed!   Oh and neither of us has ever stayed at the Polynesian before!

Thanks in advance!

Connie :mickey:

--------------

Profile PM
2mousemom Offline
Chrissy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 25, 2004, 8:09 pm Quote

We stayed at the Polynesian LVC last year with our DD 6 and DS 3.  This is really silly but one of my DS favorite things to do was when we were walking back from the GCH to Tahiti was this:  he would stop at EVERY pathway crossing and say "which way are we gonna go?  that way, that way, that way or that way?"  He would point to each path and and when we said "THAT way" he would laugh hysterically and run to the next intersection.

He also go a kick out of the Mickey Mouse toothbrush box in the bathroom.  Go figure.  

He also loved to dig in the sand!  Although he had a tough time understanding (or Not) why he couldn't swim in the lake.

It's a great place for little ones!

--------------
Chrissy / 2mousemom

Profile PM
Tigger Offline
Steven

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 25, 2004, 8:48 pm Quote

Connie,
   We stayed at the LVC when my son was 4 years old, we have gone back almost every year. My son is 17 years old and wants to go back. He even talks when he is old (not us) and has a family that we (hope he pays) will all go back each year. This is truly a family place, with great memories. Have a great time! :tiki:

--------------
Steven / Tigger
Profile PM
Tigger Offline
Steven

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 25, 2004, 8:52 pm Quote

Connie, Forgot one thing try to have a character breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK with my favorite friend Tigger. :)

--------------
Steven / Tigger
Profile PM
alacazander Offline
Connie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 25, 2004, 10:39 pm Quote

:laughbig:

Thanks Crissy for sharing your story!  It does sound like an awesome resort for families too!  

Steven what a wonderful idea to keep the tradition up and go every year!  I bet your son has so many magic memories!  Does your family always go to the Polynesian?  We actually have never stayed at the Polynesian.  I've heard that people love to return and enjoy the resort again and again!  I have been to the Contempory twice so this should be fun!

Steven are you reading minds?  I just posted a question on the dinning board about the eating at the Crystal Palace!  So glad to hear you would recommend eating there!  My guy love Pooh and the gang!

:coonskin:

--------------

Profile PM
TongaToast Offline
Ed Zoz

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Feb. 26, 2004, 11:38 am Quote

Aloha!

We've stayed LVC at the Polynesian twice with our son.  Once when he was 6 months (more for us than him) and then again last October when he was almost 2.5 (again, more for us than him to celebrate Halloween! ).

He just now seems to understand what WDW is all about.  He knew most of the characters and would actually go up and hug them.  No fear whatsoever. :laugh:

As for the Polynesian, my son loved the Volcano Pool (of course) and I appreciated the small life jackets the pool provided for toddlers.  It allowed him freedom of movement, which he loved, while providing us piece of mind.  To get one you will need tp leave your "key to the castle" card or an ID.

The fireworks and the Lagoon light show parade shouldn't be missed.  If you stayed at the Contemporary in the past you should know what the light parade is.  It gets sort of obnoxious after a few nights but my son loved it and it became an evening ritual.  Since you are staying lagoon view concierge, you will be able to enjoy all of this from your room.

The Grand Ceremonial House always has some toddler-friendly activity.  There's a TV there that is always playing cartoons and can provide you some quiet time to review a map or park showtimes.

Also, staying concierge provides you with an endless amount of snack food choices for little ones.  We appreciated the pre-packaged smuckers Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches they had available.  Grab a couple before you head out in the afternoon and our son was in heaven.

Be sure to take in the quiet pool as well.  I found that this pool was much less crowded and I was able to spend some quality one-on-one time with my son, without getting splashed and interrupted by a band of rowdy pre-teens.

And one last piece of information you might find helpful.  My wife and I always plan one evening out without child(ren) in tow.  We usually end up shopping at Downtown Disney or go to the World Showcase at Epcot and enjoy a couple of margaritas and dinner at San Angels Inn located in Mexico.  We've used a babysitting service called Fairy Godmothers and we have nothing but glowing praise for them.  We've been able to get the same woman during our visits (I think her name was Evelyn and she's a Grandma several times over) and my son loved his visit with her.

But my number one piece of advice for WDW with a toddler: don't try to do everything and don't forget the afternoon nap.  My son was in such better spirits when he was able to crash for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

Hope some of this helps.

TongaToast

--------------

Profile PM
202 replies since Jan. 05, 2004, 9:00 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement