Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions of Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
swall918 Offline
Susan Wall

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 09, 2004, 1:05 pm Quote

Each time we've gone it's been the first week in November. The rates are great - value season. This past November the weather was hot - 85 to 88 with 90% humidity. During the week, there was little wait on lines, but Saturday in the MK was just like peak times. Great time to go to EPCOT where they have the food and wine festival so that you can sample a little bit at each country.
The nights are beautiful, it cools off a little.

--------------
Susan / swall918

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
TikiKels Offline
Kellie Cain

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 10, 2004, 6:39 pm Quote

My husband and I made our Spirit of Aloha reservations when we booked the trip (booked in April for July '03 honeymoon).  Other than that, we made no PS's at the time of booking.  We made all our PS's from our room at the Poly, and were able to get into the restaurant of our choice on the same day we called (usually called in late morning/early afternoon).  The only exception was Le Cellier.  We had to wait until the next day to eat there.  And the parks were CROWDED!  We had no trouble getting into our top restaurant picks, though.  We plan to do it the same way for our September '04 trip.  Only 242 more days...

TikiKels

--------------
--I am the MIGHTY BEACH HOUSE TIKI GOD!!!  :tiki:
Profile PM AOL
demoicurn Offline
daniel demo

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 12, 2004, 4:43 pm Quote

thank you every1 for your info... we are favoring going in september as long as we keep working the overtime and banking anything extra.... we were looking at the beach resort too... because of the pool... but the location is bad... not planning on spending much time @ epcot... planning on splitting our time between magic and animal kingdoms... prices are about the same... hoping for some may savings and clear skies come september.... thanx again..

--------------
Profile PM
DisneyDad Offline
Ronnie Espinoza

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 05, 2004, 1:16 am Quote

I have been reading all the great info. on the concierge rooms at the Polynesian and we just booked a room for 9 days in September, starting on the 24th.  The Disney Web Site indicates that the concierge food is mostly snacks, but I have read some postings from people who indicate hot food is served in the evenings.  What kind of evening fare can we expect with concierge service?  Also, does the Polynesian have a water play area for toddlers with the shooting water jets?

--------------
Ronnie E.
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 05, 2004, 9:52 am Quote

Welcome to the ECHO

You can find a list on my web page from that was updated back in July 2002 but most of the years the stuff is about the same with slight changes. Here is the link.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/conciergeservice.html

Below is a more recent list given to me a few months ago of what a guest found in the lounge during their stay.

Ahiahi (evening service) 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. offering different themes each day.
  • Sunday: Beef Macaroni, Pasta + Fruit Salad, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers
  • Monday: Sushi, Apple Pasta Salad, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers
  • Tuesday: Ham Fried Rice, Beef + Chicken Sake on a Skewer, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers
  • Wednesday : Chicken Lo Mein, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers
  • Thursday: Ribs with Sweet / Sour Sauce, Grilled Chicken, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers
  • Friday????: Lasagna, meatballs in sauce, antipasto salad, pasta, and tropical fruits.
  • Saturday: Egg Rolls, Pork +BBQ Oriental Sauce, Vegetable Platter, Fruit, Cheese + Crackers

Yes there is a wet play area between the beach, pool and Hawaii concierge building.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
PamNC Offline
Pam Rowe

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 9:36 am Quote

Me and my husband just returned Monday night from a magical stay at the Polynesian.  We were quite nervous about it because we are die-hard Yacht and Beach Club Fans.  We've tried other resorts such as Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Coronado, Caribbean Beach.  We even left the Grand once after one night to check into the Beach Club.  Well, I must say we were pleasantly surprised with the Polynesian.  What a magical place - it really has the Disney spirit.  Staying at the Polynesian was like a totally different vacation from our Epcot Resort area stays.  Very relaxing and we loved the lush surroundings.  And the Beach...ohmygosh...the beach area is so much bigger.  I think what recruited me was the following:

1)  Seven Seas Lagoon.  What a backdrop.  This certainly beats Crescent Lake over at the Yacht and Beach Club.

2)  Views - unsurpassed!  We had a garden view but it was a short walk to the beach in front of Tahiti.  Loved watching the water parade and fireworks.

3)  Lush surroundings - loved the Polynesian theme complete with foilage, soft Hawaiian music (even underwater), and tiki torches.

4)  Excellent Cast Members - everyone was so nice and had the Disney Spirit.  (we did have one rude CM but we don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch)

5)  Convenience.  What can I say - monorail, boat launch, ferry.  Can't beat it.  We were a short walk to the TTC.  Easy to get to Epcot.  

6)  Romance - what a romantic place.  We witnessed two couples getting married during our stay.  It's great for couples without kids like us because it stirs up the romance!!  

We liked getting leis at check-in.  We liked Kona Cafe and Ohana.  We liked the pool, although it doesn't beat Stormalong Bay.  We liked everything.  But, again, especially the magical feel of the place.

Next trip - this summer, time tbd, but we're definitely doing the Polynesian again.

Pam

--------------
Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 11:02 am Quote

Wow! It's awesome to hear you loved the Polynesian. I love it there too and cannot WAIT until my next visit, with my family this time. Interesting to hear your comparison to BC though because I've considered staying at the BCV for a few days our next trip for the kitchen convenience and just to try something different. Would you recommend splitting our stay or doing like 3 days/7 days, for example? Or just staying at the Polynesian? This is a long way off, of course, but I thought since you were fresh from your visit, you might have an opinion on the matter. Thanks for your "Poly report."
:minnie:  :mickey:

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 11:21 am Quote

Thanks for the report Pam. Glad you enjoyed the Polynesian.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
PamNC Offline
Pam Rowe

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 4:47 pm Quote

Julie - I would say split your stay.  Since you're staying for such a long time, why not?  We still like the BC and the Epcot area a lot and will stay there again, but the Polynesian is now our #1 choice.  There were a couple of things we liked better about the Yacht/Beach:  

Poolside Food Service - At yacht/beach servers walk around and take your order and bring you food and drinks!  Love it.  We were disappointed that the Polynesian didn't offer this service.

Stormalong Bay - although we loved the Polynesian pool - it doesn't beat Stormalong Bay.  

However, the magic of the Polynesian won us over.  I will still stay at yacht or beach but for awhile - and for longer trips - it's the Polynesian for us.  We'll probably end up doing some split stays ourselves.

PamNC

--------------
Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Feb. 19, 2004, 5:52 pm Quote

Thanks for the advice! Glad you had such a great time, too.  :minnie:  :mickey:

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
202 replies since Jan. 05, 2004, 9:00 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement