Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ, Frequently Asked Questions of Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
demoicurn Offline
daniel demo

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 05, 2004, 9:00 pm Quote

I am planning a trip for 4(wife, son4, daughter6, and myself) in late sept 04' for 6day/5nights.... first, when and where would be the best time and place to get the best deals for a september vacation package??? i've searched many sites, but it seems too early yet to get any deals.... we plan on getting a lagoon view room but i am a smoker.... yesyes i know of the dangers and nastiness of such a habit... it is a flaw of mine, but its an addiction and very tough to put down... anyway, i was wondering how is the 3rd floor tuvalu rooms and view???? or is there any other smoking lagoon view rooms??? also, what things @ polynesian and wdw would i need to book early for reservations??? thanx for any assistance and see you in september!!!!! :help:

--------------
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 06, 2004, 1:39 am Quote

Yoo Hoo, Daniel!

First of all, aloha and welcome to the Disney Echo! Here's a Tiki with Disney EchoEars to get you more in the mood for your upcoming vacation:

September is the off-season, so you'll be saving just by going then. One thing you could do is to buy your family Annual Passes -- or just you or your wife. Only one adult in the party needs an Annual Pass to be able to get the AP discounts, when they are offered. It is too early to know if there will be any AP discounts during your vacation period, but if there are you'd be saving a lot of money. You could also buy the AP when you get there -- it is okay to make the reservation without actually having the Annual Pass yet -- but be prepared to show your AP at check-in.

I assume you've been to Tikiman's website. If not, he's got a lot of pictures of the resort as well as a great map.

I hope this helps!

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Jan. 06, 2004, 10:28 am Quote

Yes Tuvalu 3rd floor would be your only smoking lagoon view option and it is a good view. The only other choice would be to go for concierge.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
andymattmom2004 Offline
Meredith

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 06, 2004, 10:29 am Quote

We went in September 2003...and it was a fabulous time to go.  The lines were short on weekdays...walked on to Splash Mountain and many other top rides.  We would be ready to go back to the Polynesian and rest mid-afternoon.  Even though the parks closed earlier we still had more than enough time to enjoy the parks.  There were a few rehabs, which they do on the off season---but we didn't miss the closed rides.  We stayed concierge...it was worth the extra $$ but we got a great deal with the Fairy Tale package (that came out in May and we booked then).  We loved the location of the Polynesian to the parks...we would walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center and use the monorail or buses from there.  The pool was great...kids loved it (2 boys 8 and 7).  The only crowded days were Saturday (the day we arrived and left).  The day we left our flight was an early evening one...we went to the MK and it was crowded (45 minute waits for Peter Pan when we walked on during weekdays)...we left and went to Wilderness Lodge.  Our package included the tickets that are good from the minute you check in until the time the park closes the day you check-out.

Good luck...this site is great.  Tikiman has wonderful info and people will give you good info on here.

--------------
Meredith

Profile PM
demoicurn Offline
daniel demo

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 06, 2004, 10:50 am Quote

tikiman!!!! great site!!!! my compliments to the chef.... have the site bookmarked so i visit often.... thanx for the feedback too....
andy2004-- thanx for the reply... it sounds like sept is a good time to go....did you book the trip yourself??? if so, what websites offer the best package deals??? and, is may around the time you'll expect to find these deals??? sorry to have soo many questions, but this our first time and want it go as smooth as possible and get the best deal for the money... so we can spend more at wdw...

--------------
Profile PM
andymattmom2004 Offline
Meredith

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 06, 2004, 11:37 am Quote

I sent you a email about all the info I had....

Good luck!

--------------
Meredith

Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 07, 2004, 11:34 am Quote

So far Sept/Oct is my personal favorite time of the year to go. It is awesome for crowds (or lack thereof) and is usually plenty warm for swimming and water parks. Have an awesome time!
julie

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
demoicurn Offline
daniel demo

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Jan. 09, 2004, 10:47 am Quote

another question.... maybe tiki can help, but any1 is welcome to answer.... been reading about itineraries... how long in advance is reservations needed for the luau??? i read you can up to 2 years, but how soon do they fill up on the off season... (sept).. also, that is hurricane season and a financial situation may delay the trip until early nov.... how is that time of the year??? swimmable??? thanx for any info...

--------------
Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 09, 2004, 11:10 am Quote

Oct/Nov, in my experience and opinion, is the BEST time to go! :bigsmile: Of course, careful of the Thanksgiving crowds, but the weather is obviously a little cooler but often still swimmable! I envy you---do you have extra room in your suitcase, by any chance? :idea:
Julie

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Jan. 09, 2004, 11:12 am Quote

I would not worry about the reservatons too much. I know the system changed for reservations last year or so and there was a big long posting about it. Maybe Rich can dig it up.

We always made our reservations a few weeks before we got there and even sometimes made them after we got there.

I have never been in November so maybe someone else can help.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
202 replies since Jan. 05, 2004, 9:00 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: First time at Polynesian? Tips, Advice & FAQ
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement