Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 [4] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Fireworks Cruise to see Wishes/From the Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tammydel Offline
Tammy

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 27, 2004, 7:52 pm Quote

Julie -

I really have wanted to do a fireworks cruise with my family (kids are now 6 and 7) here is the problem...the fireworks are too late at night, usually at 10pm @ MK and 9pm at EPCOT!  I guess if you are there at an off season time when Wishes is earlier it would work, or if your kids are night owls and can stay up late...
My guys fall asleep before that, this is why we love LV so much they can watch sleepy eyed in thier jammies (so can mom! )

I am hoping to try a Wishes cruise right before Thanksgiving if we can get one while the fireworks are at 7 or 8pm.

I thought about doing a cruise w/ just hubby and I but hate to leave the kids in the kids club that late.

Oh well, something to look forward to as they get older!

Tammy

--------------

Profile PM AOL
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: April 28, 2004, 12:42 pm Quote

We always go in off season so maybe it'd be earlier. I can't remember what time they were last time, when we went in January. This next time we'll go either in Sept, Oct or late November in the value season. It might be an idea for us to do separately if it's too much for small kids. Do you think the fireworks themselves would be too scary close up?

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: April 28, 2004, 1:59 pm Quote

Julie, all kids are different and react differently at particular ages. When Michael was just a baby and we took him to WDW, he actually slept through the loud fireworks. Later, he was fine with them, but wanted to hold his ears. A little later, he didn't want anything to do with them. Later still, he grew to love them.

Just gotta try it and see, I guess. If there are local fireworks in your area between now and your trip to WDW, check 'em out to see the reactions of your own kids.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Posted: April 28, 2004, 2:55 pm Quote

Yes, that's a good idea. Theo changes even from month to month and he's only 7 months old! (Almost 8) Sometimes it seems like he could sleep through anything, othertimes he's a really super light sleeper (most of the time, unfortunately).

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
OrlandoBelle Offline
Tracey

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: April 29, 2004, 7:11 am Quote

We did the MK fireworks cruise on our visit back in October  :)

There were 10 of us in total (7 adults & 3 children)- we shared with an american family and there was plenty of room.

We were picked up from the Poly Marina and went on a guided tour of the Seven Sea Lagoon and Bay Lake - great tour and lots of information from our Captain - especially stuff about the resorts that I found fascinating.

We 'parked up' in front of MK for Wishes and although we couldn't hear the commenatry clearly we were all agreed it was the best view of Wishes we'd had all trip.

Voted one of the highlights of our visit by the whole family (aged 60 down to 2)
:mickey:

--------------
OrlandoBelle, across the pond in Wales (not England!! )

Profile PM MSN
SueDee Offline
Susan

Posted: May 16, 2005, 8:29 pm Quote

Has anyone done a Wishes cruise lately?  I was a little surprised that I was able to book one this afternoon - 60 days out - for July.  Did I just get lucky or are they not really so popular?

I understand the Illuminations cruises are more in demand.  Just wondered if anyone has any recent experiences to share with a Wishes cruise.  I'll be happy to share mine after July!  Thanks!

:fireworks:

--------------

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

Feb. 07: Visited Mickey!
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: May 16, 2005, 8:44 pm Quote

I love the Illuminations cruise because you can get a good spot with out fighting the crowds. I would not be willing to spend the money on a Wishes cruise myself since I can get a great view for free at the Polynesian beach or from my room but that is just my opinion.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
SueDee Offline
Susan

Posted: May 17, 2005, 6:28 am Quote

Sure, that makes sense, Steve.  Why pay the extra $ when you already have one of the best vantage points?  

The Wishes cruise just sounded nice, and I wondered if anyone has taken one recently.

--------------

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

Feb. 07: Visited Mickey!
Profile PM
Tink 0625 Offline
Kathy

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 24, 2008, 4:54 pm Quote

Just wondering if anyone has done the Wishes cruise recently.  Wow!  Have the prices changed since the beginning
of this thread.......Should we pay for audio or not?  It's for my DD B-Day.  Anyideas?

--------------

[countdown)August 02, 2012 1:00:00 PM EDT;
We are staying again at our home away from home, the Polynesian, starting in...;GREEN[/countdown]
Profile PM
Enchanting Offline
Celeste

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 25, 2008, 6:00 am Quote

We did it a few year back from GF and we could here the music pretty well from where we were in the lagoon.  I love the music, I think that is one of the best parts.

--------------
Celeste
Enchanted Destinations
Profile PM WEB
39 replies since April 03, 2004, 9:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 [4] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Fireworks Cruise to see Wishes/From the Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement