Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Fireworks Cruise to see Wishes/From the Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pirates of the Carib luvr Offline
Mike Bryant

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: April 03, 2004, 9:32 pm Quote

[Note from Rich: Also look here to find out more about the Wishes fireworks.]

We booked a Fireworks Cruise from the Poly as a surprise for my DD's 11th Birthdaty on April 14. Has anyone ever done this? What was it like?

--------------

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: April 05, 2004, 10:47 am Quote

How exciting! And I see you're going in only 4 days, Mike!

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
Mike Bryant

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: April 05, 2004, 10:51 am Quote

Hi Julie, yes it is getting close! But nobody seems to know anything about the fireworks cruise and that has me a little worried.

--------------

Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Posted: April 05, 2004, 10:57 am Quote

The most I know is from what I've read. I think the most negative things I've read about the f.c. had to do with (1) the amount of smoke in the air from the fireworks (making it somewhat difficult to see, also b/c of being close to the fireworks) and (2) the chill/wetnes factor. I think the answer to this would be to just dress appropriately--layer and wear/bring your poncho. But this may not be so for you. Just worst case scenarios, I doubt this happens with everyone who goes on a f.c. I bet it'll be wonderful.

--------------
Julie

Profile PM
Mike Bryant

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: April 05, 2004, 11:05 am Quote

Thanks Julie! This is actually for my daughter's 11th birthday. They are supposed to have a cake and have the boat decorated too. She doesn't know we are doing this.

--------------

Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Posted: April 05, 2004, 11:42 am Quote

That's such a fun surprise. Bring a jacket and tell us about it when you come back!

--------------
Julie

Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: April 05, 2004, 1:29 pm Quote

We actually do the Illuminations cruise every time we go and I have heard most enjoy it better than the fireworks cruise on the lagoon. They both use the pontoon boats (party boats) but the Illuminations cruise I believe is a better show (but I have not seen Wishes) and you are right near speakers so you hear everything from your boat. We have done it for my birthday a couple of years in a row but I have not done the fireworks cruise. I guess I can get a good view and hear it for free on the beach at the Polynesian so I have never had the urge to spend the money to see those fireworks.

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
texassherri Offline
Sherri Ross

Posted: April 05, 2004, 4:36 pm Quote

I'm wondering where you heard about this and how you booked it???  I've heard about it, but only for grand gathering guests.  We're kinda down under that plan, but were told we couldn't book that because our group was 7, not 8 (they won't count the 2 1/2 year old).
Sounds neat, but so does the Illuminations cruise!!!

--------------
Sherri

Grand Floridian 2002
Polynesian trip April 2004
Grand Floridian April 2005
DisneyLand June 2006
Grand Floridian December 2006
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: April 05, 2004, 4:42 pm Quote

They book up fast so every time we have done a cruise we had to have the concierge call the morning of the 90 days out because by the end of the day (90 days from your reservation) that day books up. It is a pontoon boat and they both cost $120 and you can have up to 10 people but as few as 1. We have done it with 4 people each time. There is no minimum on how many need to go. This information is on the price list they have at the Polynesian Marina. The Illuminations info is over at the Yacht Club Marina.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
Mike Bryant

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: April 05, 2004, 5:44 pm Quote

We originally wanted to do the Illuminations Cruise but they were all booked up. We saw it on Deb's WDWIG website.

Tikiman, when we made the reservation, we were told it was $200. Do you think the higher price is due to a birthday celebration?

--------------

Profile PM
39 replies since April 03, 2004, 9:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Fireworks Cruise to see Wishes/From the Polynesian
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement