Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Check-in/Check-out at Polynesian: Early, Late, Lei, FAQ: Questions about Poly check-in/out< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
cdnliving Offline
Karen

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: April 29, 2004, 9:25 pm Quote

Thanks Tikiman......64 days and counting.....

--------------

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Iluvstitch Offline
Stephanie

Disney EchoEar

Posted: June 26, 2004, 11:29 am Quote

I am staying at the Polynesian for the first time this December and I can't wait!  Anyways, I was just curious, do they give you leis when you check in?  I've heard some people on message boards say they do and other people say they didn't get one.  If you've stayed there recently, did you get one?  -Stephanie

--------------

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 26, 2004, 11:46 am Quote

Each of the three of us got one, April 2004.  Always ask!  If not when you check in, then come back and ask again.
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 26, 2004, 7:34 pm Quote

You do indeed get a lei when you check into the Polynesian Resort -- and depending on what day you check in, it will be a different color because they're not all the same each day.

Now, if you're expecting a Polynesian dancer wearing a grass skirt to put a lei around your neck like you've seen in the movies and on TV shows about Hawaii, no, you won't be getting that! But the person in your group who checks in will get one lei per person in your group and then that person will distribute the lei to all of you.
:hula2:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: June 26, 2004, 8:21 pm Quote

If you want a flower lei fresh from Hawaii at check in than book using the link on my main page for Magical Vacations!!!

Had to get that in!!!

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 26, 2004, 9:01 pm Quote

What took you so long, Steve? LOL  :p

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 27, 2004, 9:48 am Quote

Quote (Tikiman @ June 26, 2004 19:21 am/pm)
If you want a flower lei fresh from Hawaii at check in than book using the link on my main page for Magical Vacations!!!

I didn't know you could do that!  Cool!  The downside to a fresh lei is that you can't drape it around your rear view mirror in the car or around your dresser mirror at home, or wherever.  The upside is the luxury and fragrance of it!
Profile PM
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: June 27, 2004, 12:32 pm Quote

I look at it this way. You get your "keep for ever" lei from the Polynesian and you get the "hey check out the real lei" lei. Not only that but some of the staff knows about the "Tiki Plan" and will be looking out for the first to be walking around with the leis on. We have a few booked but they are not till after the summer.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
LM0601 Offline
Lisa

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: July 05, 2004, 10:37 pm Quote

First, let me say that this message board is awesome.  I love it.  I appreciate all of your responses and  help.

I hate to keep asking for advice, but I was wondering what your check in experience was like at the Polynesian?  I have checked in at the All Stars and it was quite lengthy and some error occurred.  At the Old Key West, the check in was speedy and super friendly.  I know the resorts are worlds different, but a Disney guest is a Disney guest anywhere.

When you check in at the Polynesian, does the Front Desk Agent give you a map and point out all of the available building and ask for your choice.  They did this at OKW.  At ASM we told them what section and they had us chose a building of our choice.  I sure hope they give us a few choices instead of just giving us any room.  We want to stay at the Tahiti building, but I have three or four alternate ideas if that is not available thanks to some web site information that I came across.  Our main thing is we want a balcony.  I would take a first floor patio over a second floor no balcony so I have some options.  I just REALLY want a nice room that is quite and that has a balcony so we can escape when the boys are sleeping.  I am worried because we spent so much.  We were only going to stay at the ASM for four nights.  Than it turned into 7 nights with the 5 for 2 deal that they offered.  Could not pass it up because we already had the reservations for that time period for four nights.  Then I switched it to the Polynesian.  A significant difference in price.  I am SOOOO worried that I will get a lousy room.

Any Check In  Advice is MUCH appreciated.  

Lisa  :bowdown:

--------------

Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 06, 2004, 2:39 am Quote

Mahalo for your very kind words! :bowdown:

I have never had very long of a wait to check-in at the Polynesian Resort, but of course if a whole lot of people arrive just before you then the line will be longer. But I've had very long check-in waits at Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans, and All-Star in the past, but nothing like that ever at the Polynesian Resort.

Most of the time I've gotten a room just like I've requested. If you check in before the maid is finished getting your room ready (or before the previous Guests have checked out of the room), they'll only tell you what building you're assigned to as well as which side of the building and what floor it is on -- but for security they won't give you anything more specific than that (they certainly won't tell you what the room number is).

The couple of times where there were no available rooms that matched my request, they showed me at the check-in desk the map of the resort and what room I had been assigned to. If I didn't like that they then offered two other locations to choose from -- still being very general and not giving the actual room number but saying which building, what side of the building, what kind of view, etc.

One of those times when I wasn't sure which of the choices to take, they even said that a room like I wanted would be available after my first night, if I wanted to move.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
80 replies since Dec. 30, 2003, 12:58 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Check-in/Check-out at Polynesian: Early, Late, Lei
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement