Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Polynesian Transportation: Bus/Monorail/Boat/Walk, Best ways to get around the Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 20, 2005, 12:58 am Quote

The Polynesian Resort shares a bus with the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, stopping in this order: Contemporary, then the Polynesian, then Grand Floridian -- but sometimes it shares with Disney's Wilderness Lodge instead of the Contemporary Resort.

Go to the Polynesian Resort's bus stop located near the NeverLand Club and take a bus which stops at Blizzard Beach, the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. After 4 pm that same bus also makes a stop at Downtown Disney.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Traveliz Offline
Liz DeSchepper

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 20, 2005, 10:00 am Quote

Quote (tinkerscanne @ June 11, 2005 23:21 am/pm)
When you are getting the bus from MGM to the Polynesian, what is the number of the bus stop? Also, what resorts share buses with the Polynesian?

Thanks.

From MGM it is bus stop number 6...at least it was as of Wednesday...and you share with the Contemporary. It stopped at the Contemporary and then the Polynesian.  Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian shared another bus...this was less than a week ago...hope that helps.

Liz

--------------

2007: Took my daughter to WDWCP...
Profile PM
tinkerscanne Offline
Anne

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 20, 2005, 9:41 pm Quote

Thank you! That helps a lot! Our trip is in a month and my in-laws are going with us. They're not exactly "detail oriented" so I want to give them as much info as possible before we go. Thank you, again!

--------------

Profile PM
Tracy Kowal Offline
snowwhite2-2dwarfs

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Aug. 01, 2006, 11:42 am Quote

Rich:  Can you tell me how long it will take by bus from the Polynesian to Downtown Disney?  We have a hair appointment for my daughter and need to be back in time for a Princess Dinner...

Thanks for any info. :pixiedust:

--------------
Tracy
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Aug. 01, 2006, 12:45 pm Quote

Tracy, getting a bus in the afternoons can be tricky from the resorts... and they make more stops in the afternoon, if you are pressed for time, I would take a taxi from the Polynesian to DD....

The Unofficial Guide to WDW has a chart that gives estimated times to travel car vs Disney Buses.....by Disney Bus, it can take from 64 - 85 minutes to get to DD from the Poly .... and the same back.  I always rent a car now when I go to WDW.... it saves a lot of time... and I have gotten some great deals from the airport on cars... also, you can rent one on Disney property too... but, if you really have a time frame issue, I would get a taxi back and forth to the hotel and DD....by car (and that would include taxi) it is only about a fifteen minute ride to DD from the Polynesian....  Hope this helps...

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Tracy Kowal Offline
snowwhite2-2dwarfs

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Aug. 01, 2006, 1:05 pm Quote

Marsha:  Thank you for the tip.  I think we will call a taxi. Thanks. :)

--------------
Tracy
Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Posted: Aug. 01, 2006, 4:20 pm Quote

Hi Tracy.  The busses run a little more frequently from the TTC.  We usually walk over if we are taking the bus.  It shouldn't take an hour, but to be safe, I would plan on it.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 02, 2006, 9:35 am Quote

If you can rent a car, just for one day, that will use your time more efficiently.  Via Disney bus allow 45-minutes for any one-way destination (and I time that from the moment you decide "Let's go" ) to reaching your ultimate destination, up to an hour one-way at peak season or peak times of day.  You have to reach your hair appointment place, wait your turn, wait for that to be done, walk back to the bus stop, then catch a bus back.  When your hair appointment transaction is completed, that is when you start the clock running on 45-60 minutes to get back.  All that walking.  Waiting for the bus.  Waiting for intermediate drop offs and pick ups if any.  Getting off the bus.  Walking to where you need to be.  All that is amazingly time consuming and the overall trip is actually as long if not longer than simply the bus ride alone, so you have to take all of it into account.  It's not like at home, where you can park directly in front of where ever and do your business and drive back.  Renting a car will cost, but all you need is a compact and that can be leased near the Polynesian at the Alamo/National Car Rental site nearby.  Renting a car costs, but saves you half the time if you are on a time sensitive schedule.  Just be sure to get a parking placard from Guest Services, shows you are an on-site guest and you park free and get into the parking gates of resorts.  If you take Disney bus transport, simply allow all that time and plan accordingly.  Better to arrive in a calm and mellow frame of mind than to be huffing and puffing 'cause you're trying to get to X on time, so plan a little too much time between stops on your schedule that day, to be on the safe and punctual side.
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Aug. 02, 2006, 4:01 pm Quote

Quote (Tracy Kowal @ Aug. 01, 2006 10:42 am/pm)
Rich:  Can you tell me how long it will take by bus from the Polynesian to Downtown Disney?  We have a hair appointment for my daughter and need to be back in time for a Princess Dinner.  Also, we are staying CL, can we bring guests that will be visiting us at the Polynesian for one afternoon?  What is the policy on this?  How long can our guests (family members) stay for a visit with us.

Thanks for any info. :pixiedust:

The part of Tracy's post where she has a question about Guests at the Polynesian Resort -- as well as EchoEars' answers to her question -- have been moved to this topic:

Guests at the Polynesian Resort: Is it okay?

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
98 replies since Dec. 30, 2003, 12:58 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Polynesian Transportation: Bus/Monorail/Boat/Walk
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement