Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo Mouse Notes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Polynesian Transportation: Bus/Monorail/Boat/Walk, Best ways to get around the Polynesian< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 10:34 am Quote

I am not sure if you have ever heard a monorail but they are very quiet even when standing under the track. I would say you would never even know it was going buy with the door closed. I also don’t know of any time other than holidays (4th of July for sure) that the park is open that late anyway. I would not worry about the noise.

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
WebTink Offline
Becky

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 11:49 am Quote

The park was open several times till 11 p.m. when we were there in August, Steve, and if you throw in E-Ride Nights, that means that guests are being transported till well after 2 a.m.  The monorails DO run, or else we wouldn't have gotten back to our room!

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
Tikiman Offline
Steve Seifert

modEARator emEARitus: Polynesian Resort/Yacht & Beach forums

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 11:56 am Quote

I forgot aboout e-ride nights. That is a good point. As far as the 11:00 closing that is only in the Summer and around the holidays...right? The rest of the year it closes much earlier from what I remember. I even remember being there in late August and towards the end of the trip the fireworks were not all week and the parks closed earlier.

August is the latest I have gone and June is the earliest.

Aloha
Steve

--------------
Tikiman
modEARator emEARitus of the Disney Echo's Polynesian Resort forum and Yacht & Beach Club Resort forum
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 1:13 pm Quote

Right.  It's certainly not a year-round phenomenon!  When do you think you'll be at WDW, Anna?

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
abh1544 Offline
Anna

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 7:07 pm Quote

Probably in early July after July 4th

--------------

May 21, 2004 10:00 AM EST: Kids out of school
Profile PM AOL
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: Mar. 15, 2004, 8:38 pm Quote

Well, they'll probably be running late, but I agree, I don't think you'd be able to hear them.  You can hardly hear them when they whoosh by when you're outside.  I don't recall really hearing them when I was at the Kona Cafe, and you're right there by the loading area for the monorail.

--------------
Becky / WebTink
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
skiwee1 Offline
Terry

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 16, 2004, 7:27 pm Quote

We have stayed in the Rarotonga building 4 times now.  We always request and get a monorail view.  You cannot hear the monorail even if you sitting out on the balcony.  It is that quiet!

--------------
Profile PM
abh1544 Offline
Anna

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 16, 2004, 8:12 pm Quote

oh great the monorail rooms are charged as garden view rooms so we might be able to afford that!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Come to think of it , WebTink you are right b/c I have never noticed them from the Kona Cafe but I wasn't facing them and if they are that quite your  probably right !  How far is the Rarotonga longhouse from the beach, GCH, and the pool?  What else besides the monorail do you get a view of?   It must be pretty magical to see the monorail pass by your room in the morning!  I want our family to be able to see a disney landmark from our room and the monrail is at the price we can afford!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I am so excited I am going to make reservations for next year if they are aviable yet.  We stayed at wilderness lodge fpr a week during the holiday season so we going to be able to make another trip in 2004 :(

--------------

May 21, 2004 10:00 AM EST: Kids out of school
Profile PM AOL
mypalsim Offline
Brooke

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 18, 2004, 1:02 pm Quote

(My first post)

Okay, I think it would be awful to get a room with a monorail view. jmho. please don't roast me on this :unhappy:

I don't want to be ungrateful to the staff, but what if I do happen to get one of those rooms?  How hard would it be to switch (we're trying to get concierge anyway, so it might not be a problem), and get a better garden view room?

And by the way, Steve, or Tikiman, I LOVE your site, I visit it almost everyday. :bowdown:

--------------
Mypalsim, a The Sims lover who also loves Disney!

^y isn't that red? strange.
Profile PM
mypalsim Offline
Brooke

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 18, 2004, 1:25 pm Quote

oh yeah, could anyone tell me how to get the trip countdown thing?  we're going in july for our anniversary. :unclesam:  :pixiedust:  :love:

--------------
Mypalsim, a The Sims lover who also loves Disney!

^y isn't that red? strange.
Profile PM
98 replies since Dec. 30, 2003, 12:58 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Polynesian Transportation: Bus/Monorail/Boat/Walk
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement