Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: "Cars 2" From Disney-Pixar, June 24, 2011< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 22, 2010, 4:46 pm Quote

Vrrrrroooom !

Lightning McQueen, Mater and others from "Cars" back in a sequel.  So far, online film release calendars show June 24, 2011 as the date you can look forward to.

The voice of Paul Newman as Doc Hudson and the voice of George Carlin as another voice character of course will be missing since both have since passed away.

Not much online details about "Cars 2", but here's some Wikipedia to go by 'til there are official promotional websites, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_2

Online word has it that the characters of "Toy Story" are not done even though "Toy Story 3" completed the feature length film triology of the franchise June 18, 2010.  There very well could be a "Toy Story" short cartoon warming audiences up for "Cars 2".  Not many details, but the possibility of this happening at the link:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17537/-toy-story-3-5-with-cars-2-

In the meantime....

"Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long...."
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:28 pm Quote

Gonna be in IMAX !

Fantastic news !

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010....or-imax

Disney Confirms Cars 2, Pirates 4, Mars Needs Moms for IMAX
June 23, 2010
by Alex Billington

Read more: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010....io7dEOQ

Think Big! Disney has officially announced that they've finalized an agreement with IMAX to release three of their upcoming tentpole 3D movies next year in IMAX. They are: Mars Needs Moms, an animated film produced by Robert Zemeckis starring Seth Green and Joan Cusack, out on March 11th; Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth Pirates adventure starring Johnny Depp, out on May 20th; and finally Cars 2, the sequel to Pixar's animated film from 2006, out on June 24th next summer. You can add these to the 20 movies Warner Bros has coming in IMAX and more that we already Disney is releasing.

Disney's distribution president Chuck Viane states: "The incredible performance of our IMAX releases in '09 and '10 demonstrated that the combination of IMAX and Disney resonates with moviegoers worldwide. We're very much looking forward to continuing this great partnership through 2011 with an incredible slate of exciting films. The IMAX Experience adds another level of impact and excitement to a movie, and with these new films, made by some of the industry's most innovative filmmakers, audiences are in for are real treat." IMAX is still going strong and as long as people keep going, they'll keep the films coming. Excited?

Read more: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010....ioKedtU
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Oct. 21, 2010, 12:59 pm Quote

OK folks you know the drill:  Scroll down at the link.  First frame is brand new teaser trailer for "Cars 2", click it to view the video.  Frames after that are artist concept drawings of "Cars 2" car characters in various car racing spots of the world.  Very cool!

http://theflickcast.com/2010....ept-art
Profile PM
dawginfla Offline
Brian

Posted: Oct. 21, 2010, 5:33 pm Quote

This isn't the first time that Lasseter has had to step in and virtually take over a project. He did the same thing with Toy Story 2 to get it up to their high standards.

Lasseter Officially Steps In As Cars 2 Co-Director
By Katey Rich
Published: 2010-06-24 13:28:42
John Lasseter Officially Steps In As Cars 2 Co-Director Last night Disney-centric blogger Jim Hill was invited by the studio to take a look at all the products they have coming for the rest of the year, which ranged from the mundane-- clothing and toys-- to some truly big news. Hill apparently learned that John Lasseter, the Pixar founder and Cars director, has stepped in as co-director of Cars 2 alongside Brad Lewis, who was making his directorial debut on the film after producing Ratatouille for the company.

This fits right in with a rumor we reported in February, claiming that Cars 2 was in trouble and Lasseter had stepped in to rescue the production. It's not time to jump to doom and gloom conclusions though; Pixar movies often go through laborious development processes, and even Ratatouille-- a perfect film in my opinion-- switched to Brad Bird as a director after years of development. Pixar has always acknowledged that the secret to their success is their willingness to tweak a movie until it's perfect, so while Lasseter's swooping in to Cars 2 might be evidence that the film is in trouble, it's also further proof that the studio will do everything to make sure their movies work.

Cars 2 is still set for release next summer, and after the enormous success of Toy Story 3 the pressure may be even greater for this to be yet another perfect sequel
from the studio. I have my doubts, Cars being at the bottom of my Pixar list, but if anyone can fix it it's probably godfather Lasseter.

:help:

--------------

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Oct. 21, 2010, 6:31 pm Quote

While "Cars" may not have been everyone's favorite Pixar movie, it turned a handsome profit at the box office but it's biggest plus for Disney is that the movie "fueled" logoed merchandising sales, big time.  And probably kicked Disney in the rear end that boys were an underserved audience and underserved mareting demographic vs. Princesses, Pooh, girls, etc.  That there is a "Cars 2" shows there is either demand for a movie sequel or demand to keep the merchandising for that franchise going, or both, or both plus start "driving" Disney's new trend to start giving boys something to look forward to at the box office, home videos, and merchandise and parents an excuse (as if they needed any) to spend Disney discretionary money on their sons. ;)   :dollar:

I liked "Cars" but my favorite Pixar films would be "Ratatouille" and "Wall-E" and some others.  I liked Pixar celebrating the West and Route 66, the music they chose, and that they had the presence of mind to get the late Paul Newman as a voice actor, I loved that homage to Newman.  

So I do look forward to "Cars 2" with happiness to see what the finished product is.  I never worry about Pixar projects.  They have such a brilliant overall track record of excellence dating back to "Toy Story" in 1995.   :thumbsup:

The problem with any kind of sequel if the first movie is a hit:  How do you extend the story and characters without doing more of the same?  Pixar's been lucky with the three "Toy Story" movies being such huge hits.  I don't know how Pixar's going to do better than the original "Cars", or later with "Monsters Inc. 2".  Maybe Disney's insatiable appetite for merchandising tie-ins and keeping successful franchises going 'til they get run into the ground (remember oversaturation of truly great movies such as "Winnie the Pooh" and "The Lion King" and "Lilo & Stitch" among others into direct-to-video sequels and merchandising?) maybe ought to be re-examined a bit.

But I do look forward to "Cars 2". Comedian Larry the Cable Guy I think resonates with a lot of people, he voiced Mater the truck and he has such a warm, gravelly, but friendly and positive voice.  Voicing blue collar and Southern-type voices I think reaches people very well.  "Git 'er done!"

I have a feeling with the country's mood being tested in November 2010 at the polls the rise of "common folk" as those who are the backbone of the working people in the US  will be celebrated, in part, by Mater in "Cars 2".  Pixar has this knack of anticipating the mood and direction and emotions of audiences years in advance and knows how to tap into that intuitive hunch, and Pixar manages to hit pay dirt every time.  Think about "Joe the Plumber" in the 2008 Presidential campaign.  Larry the Cable Guy, the character of Mater the truck, and "Cars 2" in 2011..... It will work!  I have faith!  Trust Pixar!  They are uncanny!  You will see!
Profile PM
dawginfla Offline
Brian

Posted: Oct. 22, 2010, 8:18 pm Quote

The thing about Pixar is Lasseter won't compromise a quality product just to get it out "on time" or just to turn a profit. He knows his reputation is on the line every time a Pixar film comes out and he won't let one go out just OK. I actually really enjoyed "Cars", it's in my top 5 Pixar movies. My #1 has got to be "The Incredibles".

--------------

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Nov. 19, 2010, 6:31 pm Quote

New "Cars 2" 1:30 Trailer and :30 Teaser spot:

http://disney.go.com/cars/cars2/index-cars2.html

New "Cars 2" movie poster:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47462

The movie opens June 24, 2011 from Disney-Pixar.

Love the homage to James Bond '60's era 007 tricked out spy cars!
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 01, 2011, 6:14 pm Quote

Be having two sharp eyes during the Super Bowl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers Sunday, February 6, 2011 on FOX. Disney has purchased expensive ads for two of their big upcoming summer 2011 movies:  "Cars 2" and "Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides".  And the Most Valuable Player usually says "I'm going to Disneyland/Walt Disney World!" after the game, which starts airing the morning after the Super Bowl, starting during ABC's "Good Morning America".  

http://www.irondequoitpost.com/sports....ercials
Profile PM
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 02, 2011, 5:53 pm Quote

Given the weather of late, I can safely say that Lightning McQueen had better have four wheel drive if he wants to make it to the Super Bowl!

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 04, 2011, 7:22 pm Quote

Or snow tires, or chains for the tires.  :thumbsup:
Profile PM
26 replies since June 22, 2010, 4:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: "Cars 2" From Disney-Pixar, June 24, 2011
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement