Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Jet Pack Back Pack?, looking for a back pack 'jet pack'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BigGoofyGuy Offline
Tom Lee Mullins

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: July 31, 2015, 8:41 am Quote

Was there ever a back pack that was made to look like the jet pack from the Disney movie Rocketeer? I came across a motorcycle helmet that is made to look like the one used by the Rocketeer.
Rocketeer Helmet.
Rocketeer motorcycle helmet.
http://www.odometer.com/lifesty....18
:cool:

--------------
**BigGoofyGuy***
I am big, I like Goofy and I am a Guy.:)  
MyDisneyGoofyPage
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 02, 2015, 9:24 am Quote

Thanks for coming back and both asking and letting people know, BigGoofyGuy and anyone else finding this Topic. :waver:  

However Disney Echo website has become severely under utilized as a trend noticed since 2010-2011 when social media and smart phone apps grew in pop culture.  In 2015 it's no longer maintained or much visited anymore.  

Drive-by guests and lagging former members might be better served with online community and Disney news and info suggestions at this link "Disney Echo Returnees :  Read This Topic".

Sorry the news isn't better.  Read around the Topic at this link for more info and those suggestions for alternative, busier, staffed, lively chat sites online :

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=17661

Also visit this link to a different Topic "Disney Echo Visitors /Surfers :  Read This Topic " :

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=18173

Thanks again for visiting and posting.   :bowdown:

PS : For niche character or niche Disney interests you might want to join D23, Disney's own fan club.  Or / and any local chapter or the national club of Disneyana Fan Club.  Online searches will locate their websites with membership info for you. And "like" or "follow" them on social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Attending these or joining means getting their own publications and notifications of in-person meetings and events.  Getting involved by showing up in person at these is a way to perhaps meet like-minded fans of your character or Disney interest.  Great way to network about memorabilia and collectibles and themed / logoed merchandise as well.

Thanks again, BigGoofyGuy for visiting and letting us know your info.

:thumbsup:
Profile PM
BigGoofyGuy Offline
Tom Lee Mullins

Posted: Aug. 04, 2015, 8:31 am Quote

Thanks for the links and information.

I have noticed there is not much activity here. I will return on a regular basis.  :coolgrin:

I will also check out D23. It looks like it is worth checking out. Thanks.  :coolgrin:

--------------
**BigGoofyGuy***
MyDisneyGoofyPage
Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 07, 2015, 1:38 pm Quote

I would suggest the following alternative online Disney fan sites, BigGoofyGuy where you can have much more productive interaction with people online:

MiceAge

MousePlanet

The DIS Boards

And the following Disney memorabilia fan clubs:

D23

The Disneyana Fan Club (Find a chapter near you and attend a meeting, be with some people....)

Additional ideas for alternatives to Disney Echo are in the August 2, 2015 posting at this link (click, scroll down for it ) :

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....;st=120

You'd be better served and happier, your time much more productive online.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 08, 2015, 8:52 am Quote

The May 2015 Disney live action film "Tomorrowland" has a young boy character at the 1964 New York World's Fair who brings his invention of a rocket backpack to a new inventor's meeting taking place at that Fair.  The movie did badly at the box office but has it's own niche fan following who loved it.  The movie is also due to be on DVD or / and Blu-Ray soon.  Monitor when it will go to home video and consider buying it or renting it or downloading it or watching it on Pay Per View.  If you want rocket backpacks and "dream" a lot, then that movie might be for you, Big Goofy Guy.  No "Goofy" or Disney characters in it, and it got "rotten" ratings at Rotten Tomatoes, but still people liked it a lot.  

Now....

P. S. to Big Goofy Guy and any other lagging former members or drive-by Guests....

I described this in the links cited above, but will mention it here.

Many of us know of strip shopping centers that were highly used and shopped at back in their heyday but since then people and shoppers have moved on, the place is now practically shut down, and no one goes there anymore.  Up the road developers have built and opened more contemporary shopping centers, lots of stores, new, shiny, and people flock there.  Back in the strip shopping center of the prior heyday, crickets chirp, cobwebs form, and store fronts might have "For Lease" or "We've Moved to (this address)" or "Closed" signs.

Since someone else owns Disney Echo and operates it on a computer in his attic, we have approached him that he can stick a fork in Disney Echo, it's done, and he can repurpose his computer, hard drive and Internet connection to another endeavor.  For whatever reason, he doesn't want to shut 'er down.  

So imagine you used to patronize some of the stores in the strip shopping center I described that had seen better days and now is mostly closed and extremely underutilized.  You used to like and visit often one of the stores back when the shopping center was newer and more lively.  What a shame that place closed!  Emotional tugging goes on inside you and with the tugging are spontaneous impulses.....

Posting a note or series of notes Scotch taped to a door of a closed business there, talking about things that went on there three years ago or longer ago, posting notes pointing out something three years old is dated, even though your own eyeballs tell you no one is around, or will be around, to read them.... In Real Life would you do that?  

No?

Then it's frankly a fruitless and not very smart act to do it here.  

In fact, I know the content at the links I posted is lengthy.  But it's a truthful, frank, honest, leveling with readers of this site, visitors and lagging long-time former members alike.  People liked this site very much back in the day.  It's a dead site now.  I'd rather be honest with those who liked Disney Echo than pretend.

Formerly active members are on social media, not here.  

No need to post on a three year old Topic with a link that the link no longer works.  In the link I provided above I acknowledge this site is dated and not maintained.  Things that applied to the immediate date it was posted might no longer apply today.  People who maintain news sites, video sites, information sites periodically change operating systems and make tweaks, or to save server space their site will automatically purge content once it reaches a certain age.  In fact I do mention within that link, just read around it, the reality on Disney Echo there are no guarantees that if you post that someone will see it, respond to it, like it or give a blankety-blank about it.  

Consequently a Disney fan who finds this message or is a former member might miss the unique social ambience of Disney Echo back in the day.  But in 2015 and future years Disney Echo isn't what it was before the decline began.  Disney Echo since around 2009, 2010, 2011 and forward evolved to being that old strip shopping center with the closed store fronts analogy.

PS:  In an attempt to get people to look and post, it's already been tried to initiate new Topics and bump old ones up to get people to read, log on and post.  Been there, done that, 2009-2011 or 2012.  Years ago.  No one takes the bait.  It's not animosity that made people leave.  Rather, the rise of mobile smart devices with Apps and the rise of social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., caused a natural online mass migration, and those and other social media sites and personal mobile technology are where people are in 2015 and future years.

An example of trying to get people's interest again :  

The opening of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom at WDW a few years ago generated a LOT of Disney fan interest online, at Facebook postings among official Disney feeds and Disney fan sites that had Facebook feeds.  Lots of people posting and replying and commenting.  I tried here.  Not a peep.  And that was years ago.  Things since then haven't changed.  

So if you think because it's "you" it just takes someone different than me to bring back hundreds of people, I'm just saying it's been tried and it won't work.  

Definition of insanity is doing the same actions over an dover expecting a different result.  Consequently it's "insane" to post for the sake of posting especially in obscure and dated topics, topics that don't make any difference years later since the world has moved on since then.  No one comes here and your topic or comment or updating a topic or posting out of vanity for the sake of posting won't be seen for a long time, if at all.  And no guarantees anyone will see it or care enough to reply.  And no guarantees that you'll even remember to come back to check, life getting busy as it does sometimes.  See the point?

Even Disney fans who love the characters, movies, parks and resorts have to live in the Real World and accept practical reality, what's wasted time, and where one's interests and actions and desires to be with like-minded others are better realized.  Then you can have a new Real Life, of being with people, active contemporary topics, and sites where it's newsy and maintained.  Disney Echo is no longer that site, but MiceAge, MousePlanet, The DIS Boards, D23 and The Disneyana Fan Club are where the people are, as are their presences on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and other places online.  

Accept reality, please.  Best practical and common-sense practice:  Don't post here or point out other dated topics.  We already know topics and postings and some links in some topics are dated, OK?  Please... Thanks !  

Visit the links I posted, and get the idea the suggestions I offer within are valid and 100% sure fire, will float your boat, and networking within them it's much more assured you'll find somebody who cares about Goofy, Rocketeer, and obscure foreign Disney merchandise thumb drives.  If you attend a D23 or Disneyana Club local-regional chapter meeting or their Shows and Sale Meetings (memorabilia buying, selling, trading, speakers and being with fellow Disney fans in person, finding new people to talk to and be friends with) you'll be better served where it's active and contemporary, rather than where it's closed.

Sorry for the length.  Again, I figure it's best to be honest with our former members the site is defunct and why, and to suggest places where they can be with other fans and constantly flowing info about Disney rather than a place that is admittedly dated and isn't maintained anymore and few people visit anymore.  Like that closed store in the aging strip shopping center local to you that you can identify with.

Here's the link to "Disney Echo Returnees :  Read This Topic" and at the link scroll down to the August 2, 2015 posting.  READ THE TOPIC AT THE LINK :

:pixiedust:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 08, 2015, 9:51 am Quote

PPS BigGoofyGuy and Others....

BGG I noticed you initiated a New Topic in a Disney Weight Loss Forum.  Looking at the Topic Index there, Topics there date back to 2007-2008 7-8 years ago when our site was busier and more actively used, prior to the first mobile smart device that took the world by storm, iPhone (it came out in 2007 ) and prior to the rise of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter and others (though I think MySpace.com was up and running ).  If you look carefully at dates on postings, the peak of that forum was in the 2007-2009 range.  At the time there was enough posting and interest within the actively posting Disney Echo community to band together as fellow travelers to lose some weight, regain physical fitness, and "train" for a vigourous Disney theme parks vacation of heavy walking and activity from the hour the parks open to the hours they close for the night.  

That was then.  Years ago.  I know you feel emotionally attracted to that forum.  But frankly nobody's there anymore and they haven't been for years.

A lot of people struggle with weight loss.  I'm under doctors orders to shed pounds, in order to avoid some indications in lab results my health and well-being could deteriorate.  Plus the practical thing of shopping to find nice-looking clothes that fit, and not easily being able to.  We flew on a vacation recently and airline seats when you need to shed some pounds, and the person seated next to you also needs to shed pounds... Not comfortable to travel like that !  But I'm sticking with it, have lost about 20-pounds so far, need to lose more, but recent labs were showing improved results, so even shedding "only" 20-pounds has made a difference.

Be encouraged !

So I wish you good luck and wishing you much less of you.  The win-win situation with it is your doctor is well-pleased, your health, well-being, endurance and heart and everything else about you is more fit and healthy.  You can fit into smaller sized clothes.  Be more comfortable when you travel and have to be out and about for long periods of time, and your family and friends get to wish you encouragement and love for many additional years of life.  Success wished you in your weight loss !  

Try some Apps for your mobile smart device that you enter some preliminary info about yourself and starting point lab results and it can recommend daily calories to stay under, diet choices that are healthy, and ways to increase your activity levels, then the App reflects back to you about your successes.  Apps are available for most smart phone makes and models. All it takes is a decision to pursue it and a decision to keep it up.  

Good luck with that !

Again, we already know Disney Echo is dated, under used, and the topics are all old, old and very old.  No need to post for the sake of posting about that.

But good luck to you, BGG, and others.  Follow the suggestions about becoming members of alternative sites or finding alternative ways to find Disney news, info, social community, and travel planning.

:pixiedust:  :thumbsup:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 10, 2015, 11:29 am Quote

I updated the "Disney Echo Returnees :  Read This Topic" message, so scroll down at this link and read, glean, the August 10, 2015 version of the message.   Take any and all Suggestions there.  

BigGoofyGuy, I realize you had fond past times on our site. So did others.  We tried to make this site general fanship Disney.

I am sorry if my tone is blunt and matter of fact.  

Maybe it's tough as time moves forward from the past to realize that social populations online as well as in Real Life do have their ups, downs, and seasons and certain points over others within general interests.  That sites evolve and change, and decline, and are highly transitory socially.  In intervening times between visits to some website to see how a site has changed rather than being " ol' reliable " can be unhappy.  I realize in terms of social community, back in Disney Echo's heyday, it was fun to read, helpful supportive people towards each other prevailed, it was diverse but focused, newsy and informative, and you made positive contributions to it all the years you were a member here.  For your many positive contributions :  Thank you!  

:bowdown:

BUT.....

Reality is what it is.  Disney Echo is defunct.  

Where you may truly prefer to be is like Ariel sings in "Part of Your World" "longing to be where the people are".  On an evolved, no longer used, fan website there aren't people here any more.  Just a fact.  We don't need past members who come every couple of years to try to revive it, that ship has sailed.  It's over.  Time to accept that and instead move on to "be where the people are" and that's NOT here where the people aren't.  

The suggestions I make at that Link in this Message to you IS in fact Disney Echo helping you out, to alternatives that fulfill the same interests and activities.  

The sites I suggest at the link I provided, yeah it's long but you CAN locate that part of my suggestions, are "where the people are" in the present day 2015.  You can talk being a big fan of Goofy with them.  Reminisce about the great cartoons Disney has done starring Goofy.  Collect memorabilia about Goofy or the movie "Rocketeer" and talk with people who can refer you to these items or agree with your how much fun the items are to consider online and collect in real life, and news about how these items changed in the past or in the present day, and new items for sale worldwide.

I notice in your own .sig or Profile for your log-in you have a website link.  I tried the link.  No longer any content there in 2015.  So pointing it out here, BGG, I can point it out about you, too.  

You might be happier:  Joining as a new member the fan clubs and nice friendly sites I suggest at that link.  Or start a new blog or website about your own Disney interests, get a host who can advise you about effective keywords to associate with your page so like-minded others can easily find you, and "get busy" building a new venture from scratch, yourself.  Be entrepreneurial !  

But the facts are...

2015 and future years :  The people are no longer at Disney Echo website. Your time here perusing the past posting for the sake of posting where few people might see it and wishful thinking about it kinda non-productive.

2015 and future years :  The people ARE at the sites and in-person events and club meetings I cite at the link.  Time better spent.  Meet new people with fan interests similar to yours.  Newsy.  Maintained.  Far more satisfying.  And keeping up with the times at these places.

Follow the latter, it aligns more with where your bliss can be found.

To BigGoofyGuy and others finding this message, Disney Days to you all the time !

:bowdown:   :hearts:  :thumbsup:
Profile PM
BigGoofyGuy Offline
Tom Lee Mullins

Posted: Aug. 15, 2015, 8:10 pm Quote

Thank you for the information. I have noticed that it has not been very active every time I visit. I will look elsewhere and let this site pass on.

Your information and reply is appreciated.
:bowdown:

--------------
**BigGoofyGuy***
MyDisneyGoofyPage
Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 21, 2015, 9:18 am Quote

Big Goofy Guy BigGoofyGuy & Others,

The sites and clubs MiceChat, MousePlanet, and D23 and The Disneyana Fan Club and other suggestions above and at that link I told you about should get you some sure fire tried and true ways to find like-minded online Disney fans with similar interests living in the active and "present day" worlds of Disney fandom.  At least those suggestions will get you and others started with networking in Real Life at club meetings and fan events in person and with fellow Disney fans there and online.  The people are at those in 2015 and going forward.  They are not at Disney Echo (they left here years ago and could very well be at those places ! ).

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:  

Goofy has a discussion presence at the August 2015 D23 convention.  George Lucas in accepting becoming a Disney Legend admitted to the audience that the inspiration of Jar Jar Binks in one of his Star Wars movies was Goofy.  And one of the many Disney fan websites that had a display booth at the expo part of D23 hosted a live panel interview with the original cast of "A Goofy Movie" on that film's 20th anniversary year.  They had Bill "The Voice of Goofy" Farmer there and others of the cast on camera.  You might want to look these up via Google, Google News and/or YouTube.

Thanks for your understanding this site is no longer maintained and is outdated, and the outmigration since 2010-2011 has resulted in our site being in decline and disuse.  

In referring you, BGG and other readers, to the info I suggested that IS Disney Echo still being helpful to our former members.  Our former members, infrequent logging on and returning members, and people cruising the Internet at random, can be referred to alternative sites that will serve their interests in an active and contemporary way.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Thanks for visiting and good luck in your future Disney pursuits !

:waver:  :bowdown:  :goofy:

PS :  You had a link in your signature to a Goofy related fan site you had that seems to have an error message on it today.  You can establish a Goofy fan Group at Facebook or Twitter hashtag and find fellow Goofy fans on your own.  In this way you can be an online Disney fan entrepreneur and find fellow fans and be initiating about all that.   :thumbsup:
Profile PM
8 replies since July 31, 2015, 8:41 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Jet Pack Back Pack?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement