Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: POLL: What if you could build any Disney thing?, What would you build?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tracstr2 Offline
Grant Heimbach

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 24, 2005, 8:33 am Quote

:alien:

Hey All Imagineers (and the ones at heart),

What if Disney Co. came up to you right now and said "We would like you build any ride, resort, store, or anything else that will help us to remain #1. And money or location is no object."

Besides losing your mind with happiness, What would you do? Where would you build it? And why?

--------------
We Want The Redhead!!!
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
tracstr2 Offline
Grant Heimbach

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Oct. 24, 2005, 8:49 am Quote

Well I have a couple of things in mind....

I would firstly start by completing the monorail system to include AK and Disney Studios at WDW. This was always in the plans but monorails are surprisingly expensive to build. Secondly, I would pay off everyone that needed to be to take control of DisneySea. I think this showed a lot of bad taste, although business people don't see it that way, of Disney to allow them to use the Disney name and Disney Imagineering ideas but not be controlled by Disney. Thirdly, I would open a restaurant in Adventureland at WDW called Port Elias Inn. A Golden Horseshoe type experience but involving pirates that are tired of the swashbuckling life. Lets face it, Adventureland lacks sufficient sit-down restaurants that keep people involved. Fourthly, I would incorporate Test Track to feature new things coming up from the Disney Pixar movie "Cars". Test Track is a good ride but it lacks that Disney tie in that makes other rides memorable.

That is all I have for now. What would you do?

--------------
We Want The Redhead!!!
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Oct. 24, 2005, 9:15 am Quote

Today the Imagineers who are left in Florida are more concerned with damage assessments of Hurricane Wilma and are at work in alert mode.  Likely too they are monitoring any effects of Wilma on the construction of the Expedition Everest roller coaster at Animal Kingdom.  Hang in there, someone will see your posting shortly and join in your conversation.  :)
Profile PM
TiggerToo Offline
Kelly

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Dec. 06, 2005, 6:23 am Quote

Hello,
I would build another campground, we are having too much trouble trying to get all of our days when we make reservations. When I call and they don't have room I keep calling but that gets old, and then it makes me not even want to come. I would also suggest that they have like a DVC on the campground. You could buy slots or points for the year and be able to have your pets with you. We had thought about becoming and actually did become a DVC member for about a week, but decided not too, because we had already purchased a camper, and we couldn't bring our pets without having to kennel them some where else, and not at the DVC, they need kennels, on the property of the DVC.
I understand that Ft Wilderness doesn't make as much on the camp grounds,as it does with the hotels, but since 9/11, people are wanting to be in their own surroundings too. I don't like spending all of my money on a room that I'm never in! Leaves more money to spend in the parks I have stayed at some of the hotels on Disney property, and at the campground as well. It's a whole different world  at the campground. It's also cheaper to come more often. Maybe even do some concerts of country, at the Fort since they took the Neon Armadillo away  :angry: and the Wild Horse.
They need to have more dances and cater to the tweens more. After all they will be Disney's new visitors, in the future. Also, they need to give priority to passholders who live out of state and more notice of the happenings going on so we can make plans. After all we are the ones that keep coming back time after time, and giving Disney the free advertising.  Have Vip tours for everyday guest (at a price). Have after hour parties for the kids or during park hours. ex. Pluto's Rockin Roll Club, with headliners like Hillary Duff etc..
They need to have a summer camp for the kids. How cool would that be. Be more interactive with the characters other than eating or signing autographs. Nothing like seeing a childs eyes when they dance with Mickey, or Snow White. They could let the kids be a star for today, with special treatment.
The parks need to keep somewhere other than McDonalds, open so people could get food, after the park closes, at the resorts.
We need to find another use for Discovery Island, and River Country. Maybe have interactive pirates, or a another show like the Hoop, for the kids and families.
Maybe have a homeschooling day for the kids that homeschool. It could be Homeschool around the world, the kids could learn/ touch /feel and see so much from Epcot and Disney. Not everyone learns by books alone. Online they could set up courses for kids, to learn about the countries. How things work and how people speak. They need to have audio books.
All at at price of course, I realize that some things Disney already does, but they need to make things more well know, and the visitor more informed of all things Disney. I've been about 30 times and still learning.
Well, I guess I will end with that, for now.
Don't mind me just rambling. It doesn't need to be all about the  :dollar:  :dollar:

Kelly

--------------
TiggerToo
Profile PM
EnthusedImaginEAR Offline
Keenan DeFrisco

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Dec. 29, 2005, 3:56 pm Quote

I would make a 3d panoramic theater that makes it seem like you are in space and it takes you on a tour through the galaxy, viewing the wonders of space with an "unexpected" detour through a black hole and into prehistoric earth with some close encounters with dinosaurs and a quick escape before an asteroid levels the world and finally making it back into the black hole and home. This would obviously have to go in epcot because of the obvious educational values.

--------------

Profile PM AOL
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Dec. 29, 2005, 9:12 pm Quote

Quote (EnthusedImaginEAR @ Dec. 29, 2005 15:56 am/pm)
I would make a 3d panoramic theater that makes it seem like you are in space and it takes you on a tour through the galaxy, viewing the wonders of space with an "unexpected" detour through a black hole and into prehistoric earth with some close encounters with dinosaurs and a quick escape before an asteroid levels the world and finally making it back into the black hole and home. This would obviously have to go in epcot because of the obvious educational values.

Cool!  :thumbsup: I hope you get to create some awesome attractions if you become an Imagineer.  :coolgrin:

--------------
:waver:  :magic:
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012
DL trips: April '88, Oct. '91, June '95, Aug. '95
DCL trip: April '08
Five Parks, Four Worlds, One Dream, One Man :tinkflying:
VMK Name: Sanderella :ArielSparkle: Left to right: Barb, me and Bob

Here's wishing I was 1228.25 miles closer to "home."

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
#1hockeymom Offline
Debbie: knows she has a twin named Alice

Animal Kingdom Lodge forum co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Dec. 30, 2005, 8:14 am Quote

I second Sandy's COOL quote!
I also would like to see the monorail go to AKL, and have  one go to the Swan/Dolphin area.

--------------
:LizardCrazy::LizardFlag:88,89,91,95 off site, Aug. 97 All Stars, Aug. 01 POFQ, Aug. 02 Paris/London, June 03 Swan CL, Nov 03 AKL, Jan 04 AKL concierge, April 04 AKL concierge, July 04 Dolphin CL/AKL two bedroom suite concierge, Oct 04 Pop, Jan 05 CBR, March 05 CSR, July 05 AKL/Dolphin CL suite,
July 06 Lizority Meet.... lounge hopped, pool hopped, saw pirates, boats, and fireworks OH MY

My other home is a two bedroom suite at AKL.  Please come and visit!

:LizardHockey2: Never under estimate the power of a hockeymom!
Profile PM WEB
fran98765 Offline
Fran

Posted: Dec. 30, 2005, 10:21 pm Quote

I'd like a monorail from my house to MK.

--------------

1977 Offsite - New Year's Eve! / 1993 Offsite / 2000 Port Orleans and Disney Magic Honeymoon / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 Wilderness Lodge / 2006 Autumn Pop Century / 2007 Sept Pop Century / 2008 June All Star Music & Wilderness Lodge / 2008 Sept Pop Century!

See our family's Disney trip pictorials, trip reports and scrapbook pages!! .|. My Scrapping Blog
Profile PM WEB
d_dreamer Offline
Mary

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 17, 2006, 1:40 pm Quote

LOL everyone wants that!

What I would like is a Pocahontas themed ride. I have it all worked out. It would be like Splash Mountain in a sense, the music would play a HUGE roll in it. I would also like SM to be remade with a Treasure Planet theme *avoids tomatos being rapdly thrown* And a place like the Bibbiti Bobbiti Botique but for teenagers/adults

--------------
WARING: FURTURE IMAGINEER AT WORK

Waiting and Praying for a Harry Potter ride

1994 DL HoJo's
2000 DL Pacific Resort
2003 Carribean Beach
2005 DL Westcoast Aniheim
2006 DL HoJo's

xoxo Mary
Profile PM AOL
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Disney Vacation Club, iPhones, iPads, and iPods modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: June 22, 2006, 9:44 am Quote

I would develop another theme park, with the theme being - RETRO.

I'd have each section of the park representing one of the existing theme parks and I'd take all of the old attractions and put them in there.  Thus we'd have 'Horizons' and 'World of Motion' to ride, for example, in the Epcot section.  We'd have '20000 Leagues Under the Sea' to ride.  We'd have the attractions that were taken down to make way for newer attractions.  It would be rather easy for them to 'dismantle' them and move them to this 'new' park.

I'd even have walk-arounds looking like they did many years ago.  I'd make it an historic park.

One could have one new attraction to anchor the park, perhaps at the hub.  Something that would tie it all together.

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Disney Vacation Club forum and  iPhones, iPads, and iPods forum modEARator

Disney Resorts I've Stayed In: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Village Resort (Vacation Villas), The Disney Inn (AKA Shades of Green/Golf Resort), Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort , Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Profile PM
11 replies since Oct. 24, 2005, 8:33 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: POLL: What if you could build any Disney thing?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement