Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Question: WDI's Best :: Total Votes:18
Mouseke-Poll choices Votes Statistics
Pirates of the Caribbean 4  [22.22%]
Haunted Mansion 3  [16.67%]
Mission: SPACE 1  [5.56%]
Spaceship Earth 4  [22.22%]
Star Tours 0  [0.00%]
The Great Movie Ride 0  [0.00%]
Soarin' Over California 2  [11.11%]
It's a Small World 1  [5.56%]
It's Tough to Be a Bug 0  [0.00%]
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 3  [16.67%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: WDI's Best, Which attraction best represents WDI?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Peggo Offline
Peggo

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 29, 2004, 1:06 pm Quote

Oh how I wish I could see the DisneyLand versions of my favorites. Lucky looks fantastic.
But I did vote for Pirates. It's got everything I love. It's a dark ride with a few actual thrills like the little dip. It's enough for the very young and old to enjoy. The themeing is excellent and the animatronics...well, I adore them. Can't get enough. There's even a story.
I also had a hard time deciding between that and Haunted Mansion. Again for the same reasons.
Spaceship Earth I do like the way it is. Please don't gut it and put in a high speed coaster. Yuck.
I really miss Horizons and World of Motion. Animatronic and special effects and a nice cool easy ride. I can do these again and again.
Coasters are okay, but I don't think they are true Imagineering fare.
If you're speeding past things you really can't appreciate them as much. But I do love Thinder Mt.

--------------
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
fanofwalt Offline
Melanie Ross

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: April 29, 2004, 4:14 pm Quote

Well, I voted for Soarin' over California because I love that it includes so many sensory elements to experience the attraction...the lift into mid-air (and understand, I'm afraid of heights!), the full, wrap-around screen, the scents, the wind in your hair...brings to life the experience of hang gliding, and certainly I will get no closer to actually hang gliding than that.   I am looking forward to "Soarin'" placed in Epcot with a USA themed film so that I can "fly" over more than my home state.

That being said, I now sorely wish I had thought to vote for Spaceship Earth.  Why?  Because it embodies educational entertainment in a thoroughly unique and enjoyable manner.  I would love to see the same designers who made SE create an attraction based on and true to the featurette "Donald in Mathemagicland".

--------------
 Make it a Zippity-Doo-Dah-day!
Profile PM AOL YIM
Imagineering.org Offline
Bill Wilson

Imagineering message forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: April 30, 2004, 5:09 pm Quote

Peggo --

I don't think you'll have to worry about Spaceship Earth turning into a coaster-type attraction. I recall reading somewhere that engineers figured out that the steel structure (both track and sphere, I guess) would not be able to withstand the forces generated by a high speed ride.

--------------
Bill Wilson
Imagineering message forum modEARator emEARitus
Profile PM
Peggo Offline
Peggo

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: April 30, 2004, 5:35 pm Quote

Yes, Bill, I read that too, and I'm so relieved. But they thought of doing that! Ack! Eisner seems to be coaster crazy, and he really hasn't let go of the controls yet.

--------------
Profile PM
DaveykinsFoxFire Offline
David Foxfire

Posted: April 30, 2004, 6:06 pm Quote

I'm almost in shock here.  I'm someone who'd like to see Disneyland turn into a part Thrill Park as well.   I was thinking up a 'super' DL, and I end up splicing Space Mountain with Rock'n'Rollercoaster, replacing Autopia with Test Track, recreate more classic attractions (read:  Turn 'Peter Pan's Flight' into an inverted or flying coaster) add a Tower of Terror in the Haunted Mansion, make Pirates of the Carribian with part of the new Mummy Ride, give Splash Mountain a Tidal Wave of a finale, and other naughty naughty ideas.

Part of me is glad I don't work for Disney.  I'd be having fans clamor for my exceedingly gruesome death.

--------------

David "David FoxFire" Gonterman of FoxFire Studios
http://foxfirestudios.net

Check out Johnny Briz, both here and there; my answer to Mickey Mouse!

Profile PM WEB ICQ AOL YIM
Peggo Offline
Peggo

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: April 30, 2004, 10:11 pm Quote

LOL

--------------
Profile PM
kimsdisneydreams Offline
Kimberly G

Posted: May 01, 2004, 12:25 am Quote

There's just something about the Haunted Mansion that appeals to the "liitle girl" in me...that voice in the intro is so perfect....the effects are so clever and unique...I wish it hadn't been "toned down" ( I read that somewhere), but I still get a kick out of seeing who joins us in the carriage as we are leaving!  I enjoy the walk to the carriages, seeing the cobwebs, etc.  There is so much attention to detail to appreciate on this ride.  I especially like visiting the mansion at night...it looks terrific from the outside then!

--------------

Still remembering my June 7, 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter vacation...
In 2010 I converted a bedroom into a Disney Princess Room! Everyone who sees it feels the magic and says they just have to smile when they are in it!  

When I'm at WDW I'm 8 years old again!
Profile PM
Madamx Offline
Lisa

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 11, 2004, 10:04 am Quote

Since the question is which attraction best represents WDI and not which attraction is my own personal fav, I had to pick 'It's A Small World'.  The reason I chose this attraction (even though it drives me completely insane :-D ) is because WDI is about the world and all it's various cultures and appealing to the one common element that is in all of them....making dreams come true. Small World represents the various cultures with it's dolls that represent each country, and the animatronics represent the (Disney) magic that is part of making people's dreams come true (in the form of entertainment etc etc).  

Not too mention that song is a song that literally everyone knows, whether they've been to the parks or not. That attraction really has reached out from beyond the parks (and the World's Fair) to touch people and that's what Disney is all about. :)

--------------
Profile PM
funky_shao Offline
Bryan Shao

Disney EchoEar

Posted: June 25, 2004, 3:26 pm Quote

Well, you really can't get a better answer than that!

Good call Madamx! LOL

--------------
"What if we tried THIS?" - Me before scientific progress REALLY goes BoInK!

Bryan - the scroats of DisneyQuest!
Profile PM
Madamx Offline
Lisa

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 25, 2004, 3:29 pm Quote

Thanks.  I blame it on that song.  I think it brain-washed me.  Hahahahahha :p

--------------
Profile PM
24 replies since April 03, 2004, 9:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: WDI's Best
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement