Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] No Pages Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Undecided, Sigh< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: June 07, 2006, 1:21 am Quote

You know, young children have very short legs and tire easily... WDW eats adults!  And no adult in their right mind wants to carry a child through the parks at the end of a night as tired as they are themselves... you know, Tyler, not to mean, but reality is going to either hit you hard someday 9I know you are young, I have kids), or a light bulb will go off and you will just totally understand what we've said...

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Magus Offline
Tyler

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Group: Members
Posted: June 07, 2006, 1:24 am Quote

Quote (MKBaughan @ June 07, 2006 01:21 am/pm)
You know, young children have very short legs and tire easily... WDW eats adults!  And no adult in their right mind wants to carry a child through the parks at the end of a night as tired as they are themselves... you know, Tyler, not to mean, but reality is going to either hit you hard someday 9I know you are young, I have kids), or a light bulb will go off and you will just totally understand what we've said...

Dude I'm talking about the Babies which should be in a stroller at night all I was saying was they would probably be safer I never mentioned the older kids aged 4-7, sorry to get you so mad but that was not my intension and I think you mis undersood me perhaps.
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

Posted: June 07, 2006, 4:06 pm Quote

Dude I'm talking about the Babies which should be in a stroller at night all I was saying was they would probably be safer I never mentioned the older kids aged 4-7, sorry to get you so mad but that was not my intension and I think you mis undersood me perhaps

Hey, kiddo, I'm not mad... I am explaining why the 4-7 year olds are in strollers sometimes.... it can be really hard to manage a young child in WDW without a stroller... that's all I was saying... believe me, you will know if I ever get mad at you.... LOL

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
Magus Offline
Tyler

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 07, 2006, 6:12 pm Quote

Quote (MKBaughan @ June 07, 2006 16:06 am/pm)
Dude I'm talking about the Babies which should be in a stroller at night all I was saying was they would probably be safer I never mentioned the older kids aged 4-7, sorry to get you so mad but that was not my intension and I think you mis undersood me perhaps

Hey, kiddo, I'm not mad... I am explaining why the 4-7 year olds are in strollers sometimes.... it can be really hard to manage a young child in WDW without a stroller... that's all I was saying... believe me, you will know if I ever get mad at you.... LOL

Um ok anyway when I was 6 and 7 I remeber I saw Fantasa and I was not in a stroller I feel asleep on my dad while he was holding me I knwo it must of sucked for him but was onyl in a stroller before that maybe Disney did not start this thing till 2000+? I mean telling adults to use strollers.
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

Posted: June 07, 2006, 6:36 pm Quote

No one tells the adults to use strollers....Disney didn't start anything about strollers...... I am 4'9"  all of my kids are average height, everywhere I have taken them, I have done it alone most of the time.... two of them are twins... if they had gotten tired, I couldn't have carried them if I wanted to...

--------------

Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 07, 2006, 7:23 pm Quote

Quote (Magus @ June 06, 2006 18:35 am/pm)
BTW who are the people called who actually construct the rides and attractions it self or are they just construction people that Disney hires?

The division of Disney is Imagineering.

Imagineering is what the Forum you're in is about. :) Not babies or toddlers in strollers.

Feel free to start a new Imagineering related topic, Magus, or I revived a Kingdom Hearts Topic: for you elsewhere, too. :)
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 07, 2006, 7:26 pm Quote

Magus, here is a link to an existing Topic: here in the Imagineering Forum.  Click it, read through, and later on Jack posts a link to Disney's official Imagineering website which recruits college students for internships.  Check it out, every clickable link in there, and see if some of that answers questions for you. :)

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....t=10924

Redirecting to be on an appropriate Imagineering-related Topic: for this Forum.
Profile PM
Magus Offline
Tyler

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 07, 2006, 10:25 pm Quote

Ok thanks.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 07, 2006, 10:53 pm Quote

Some of these links might be of interest to you, since you expressed interest earlier:

Here's that Kingdom Hearts thread, maybe if you post to it someone will want to discuss those games with you:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....4;t=520

Have you ever heard of Virtual Magic Kingdom, VMK for short?  It's a live interactive environment and game, in real time.  Many Echo Ears of our site are characters on it.  Disney owns it.  A Forum on Disney Echo discusses being on it, here's a link to that Forum's Index page, read through past messages, you'll learn where this place is and how to join up over there:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....F;f=101

Some sites that discuss a lot about Disney, but since they are Southern California based they talk mostly about Disneyland, since that is where you're most familiar you might want to poke around there and explore :

http://www.miceage.com

http://www.laughingplace.com

http://www.mouseplanet.com

There are a few messages in the Imagineering Forum you're in now.  Check them all out, follow links.  There will be indicators on there of how Imagineers work and insights as to education and what is required in their work.  It's all fascinating, and I'm just a mom and housewife, so anyone can read up and simply look up to these talented people and thank them for all they do for Disney fans.

I hope these get you started on a lot of interesting exploring!

The computer this website operates on is actually in someone's home in New Hampshire.  Because of that, the server system seems to attract a lot of East Coast or Southern or Midwestern people to this site.  Although we are a general purpose Disney site, for some reason the vast majority of people want to discuss the major East Coast Disney park, Walt Disney World, plan vacations there, etc.  We encourage talking about more Disney subjects than that, and people have brought up Kingdom Hearts in a past thread.  But it's just the luck of who wants to talk about what any given day, and what the Disney news is that is going on.

So explore around.  Get to know our site.

:)
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 07, 2006, 10:57 pm Quote

If your high school participates, or you can talk them into it, try getting them to do a senior class trip to Disneyland's Grad Night.

Links to Disneyland, Anaheim CA event home pages:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl....itePage

http://www.disneylandgradnite.com/home.html?CMP=ILC-DLcomGNSplash

My "Search" results page at Disney's home page, scroll all the way to the bottom for various links, remember two American Disney theme parks offer Grad Nights, so choose "Grad Night" for Disneyland and "Disney Youth Groups - Disney Grad Night ____ " for WDW and DL.

http://search.disney.go.com/?q=Grad%20Night

You'd be not just with those your own age, but your friends!  A last hurrah before graduating.  A closed event, just for groups of graduating high school seniors.  Not too many strollers, either.... Check it out!
Profile PM
19 replies since June 05, 2006, 11:56 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] No Pages Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Undecided
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement