Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Would like a recipe!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
xmas2005 Offline
Kim

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 20, 2012, 12:47 am Quote

:hungry: after spending some time aboard the Disney Dream I found that I really like the Honeydew Melon and Watermelon Soup.Unfortunately i cannot find a recipe that comes close to what I had.

:hungry:  :hungry:  :chew:  :o

I would be so very grateful if someone had a similar recipe to match what i had during this cruise!!! :help:  :help:  :help:

Thanks so much in advance :happydance:  :happydance:  :waver:

--------------

Aug. '95 - Wilderness Lodge - Aug.17-24
Aug. '96 - Wilderness Lodge - Aug.18-23

Jan.  '03 - All Star Movies     - Jan.7-11
Toy Story-Buzz LightYear Bldg.

Dec. '05 - All Star Sports      - Dec.23-27
1st WDW Christmas Vacation @ All Star Sports Resort!

Dec. '07 All Star Movies        -Dec.23-29
2nd WDW Christmas Vacation @ All Star Movies!

Aug. '09 Caribbean Beach Resort  -Aug 23-27
1st experience @ CBR - Pirate Room-South Trinadad

Jan. '11 Carribean Beach Resort - Jan 01-05
Regular Nemo Room-Jamacia Bldg.#44

May '12 Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise - May 20-24
1st experience on Disney CruiseLine
May 20, 2012 - May 24,2012
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
JCricket Offline
Dave Adams

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 20, 2012, 6:29 am Quote

:) Hey Kim,  although I couldn't find your exact recipe I did find something like it, and it is offered on the Disney Dream.
   If you go to: magicalkingdoms.com/cruise/recipes/melonmangosoup.html, you will find the recipe for Honeydew Melon and Mango Soup.  Although I have never had    either I would think that you can substitute watermelon for mango.  One thing about the recipe, it doesn't give amounts.
   Hope this was some help for you.

Enjoy!!!

--------------
Remembering my April 2008 Ft. Wilderness vacation.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 20, 2012, 7:56 am Quote

A thing you need to know about high-end gourmet restaurants:  Recipes are their trade, how they draw people in so they can make money, pay the staff, pay the bills, and sets them apart from the competition, etc.  It's like divulging to the public the secret formula for something....like the old saying goes they could tell you your desired recipe, but then they'd have to kill you. ;)

With that said, try....

A list of some Disney recipes:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-recipes/

Primer "How to get Disney recipes":

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-dining-references/#recipe

Scroll to the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions file, and follow their suggestions, except substitute Disney Cruise Line Guest Services for WDW.

Suggestion for the future:  If you see it, like it, think about it and can't get it off your mind, or if you have a grievance, whether it's an item in a store for sale on-site or in this case a recipe, or if something's not right about the vacation you had planned-booked-pre-paid for while you're there anyway you'll perhaps have better luck buying the item or asking your recipe request or get satisfaction for any complaints or plans gone awry you have.  Once you leave the Disney hotel-park-ship and get home you might have less luck purchasing that thought-of item, getting your complaint settled, or learning the recipe of a "Wow!" dish you enjoyed at a Disney restaurant.  

The rationale:  Hey, you're there in person anyway, don't be shy, ask or refer the matter to a manager, executive chef, or buy it while you're there, as the case may be.  If it's buying an item, most Disney on-site cashiers can also arrange an item be shipped anywhere you want in case the item can't fit in your luggage or be transported safely with you in your luggage, car, cargo of a plane, as carry-on on a plane, etc.  Just ask.  You'll maybe pay tax plus shipping and handling at the register.

Practical past practice: This is a Frequently Asked Question, and in years of reading Disney posts since the early 1990s people get more satisfaction or results or remedy, as the case may be, if they interact with Disney about these matters in the present moment while they are at Disney rather than waiting when they are back home.  It's tried and true.  It works 100% of the time, whereas in reading posts since the 1990s waiting 'til you get home to want to buy, complain, or search around yields less successful results.

The worst that could happen:  They respectfully decline because their recipe for that item is proprietary.  But it never hurts to ask.

You can also try Deb Will's AllEarsNet.com or the author's website of the Passporter Disney guide book at www.passporter.com , or the chat forums of MiceAge.com or MousePlanet.com or The DIS Boards or The Daily Disney at OrlandoSentinel.com .  All these have interactive chat forums about dining or Disney Cruise Line or both.  Networking around to some of these additional places might mean meeting others who did in fact obtain the precise recipe, or who can direct your searching better than this Reply.  Also try: Food Network or Cooking Network websites, which is filled with recipes (Food Network and Cooking Network are the cable/sateilite TV channels which have their own websites that have recipes.... Who knows, you might success.)  

If you find similar-to but not the precise recipes, just try playing around with ingredients or proportions of ingredients.  "Close" may be all you can find if you can't find the precise recipe, and may be what you have to settle for or adapt.  That's the creativity of cooking, after all.

Best bet:  Phone Disney Cruise Line Guest Services and ask.

Over the course of time:  If you don't find the recipe, either find similar ones or just be patient and just keep checking.  Sometimes high-end dining goes through complete menu changes and the exclusive recipe of today might be freely and easily findable sometime later.

Even better bet, but it'll be expensive but it'll be fun, too:  Cruise again on Disney Cruise Line on the same ship.  While you're back on the ship:  Ask for the recipe. ;)  Bon voyage II !

I hope this helps, good luck, and bon appetit !

:pixiedust:  :hungry:  :pixiedust:
Profile PM
xmas2005 Offline
Kim

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 24, 2012, 12:55 am Quote

Quote (JCricket @ June 20, 2012, 6:29 am)
:) Hey Kim,  although I couldn't find your exact recipe I did find something like it, and it is offered on the Disney Dream.
   If you go to: magicalkingdoms.com/cruise/recipes/melonmangosoup.html, you will find the recipe for Honeydew Melon and Mango Soup.  Although I have never had    either I would think that you can substitute watermelon for mango.  One thing about the recipe, it doesn't give amounts.
   Hope this was some help for you.

Enjoy!!!

:chefmickey:
Thanks...I came up with my own formula & it tasted very similar to what I had and I did substitute with watermelon!

--------------

Profile PM
xmas2005 Offline
Kim

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 24, 2012, 12:58 am Quote

:( I did enjoy some of the foods on Disney Dream but I will not sail again.A huge disappointment to me and family.
We rather land and all it has to offer! Food is much better here and so is the entertainment,etc.

--------------

Profile PM
4 replies since June 20, 2012, 12:47 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Would like a recipe!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement