Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Passporter WDW: Special Needs/Autism/Babies etc., Guests of All Shapes, Sizes, & Abilities< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28, 2004, 11:29 am Quote

From the official website for the Passporter series of Disney-related guidebooks:

http://www.passporter.com/

Announcing a new guidebook... "PassPorter's Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs." This new 400-page guidebook will be released in spring 2005 and authored by the renowned Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma of AllEarsNet.com

Official website: http://www.passporter.com/wdw/specialneeds/

PassPorter's Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs
Welcome, fellow Disney fans!

A brand-new guidebook -- PassPorter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs  -- will be published in spring 2005! The guide is being researched and authored by the renowned Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma of AllEarsNet.com. To learn more, click the links below:

Press Release: Disney Experts Team Up to Produce New Guidebook to Walt Disney World for Vacationers with Special Needs

Article: Walt Disney World Embraces Guests of All Shapes, Sizes, and Abilities

We're looking for good tips and stories to include in our first edition. If we use your tip or story, we will credit you by name and send you a complimentary copy of the guidebook.

Submit a Special Need
vacation tip or story!

We know many of you are eager for the new guidebook, and we encourage you to use the versatile Deluxe PassPorter in the meantime. This is also an excellent opportunity to send us your suggestions for the new book, comments on your experiences, and questions. We also encourage you to explore the wonderful Web links below. Happy planning!

Jennifer and Dave

Disney EchoEars, you can order the "Passporter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs" book written by Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma now (even though it is scheduled to come out in April 2005) through this link to Amazon.com and you'll be helping the Disney Echo with every order placed through that link.
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
jtm1631 Offline
John

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Sep. 28, 2004, 12:20 pm Quote

Thanks for the heads-up on this Carol.  As a parent of a daughter with special needs, this should be a great resource for future trips.

JT

--------------
LIVE STRONG!                
Profile PM
DebWills Offline
Deb Wills

Newbie Disney EchoEar

Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 2:41 pm Quote

Hi Folks,

Passporter Press announced a new book a few months back. WDW for Your Special Needs. Debra Martin Koma and I are the co-authors. This book is on traveling to Walt Disney World with Special Needs (like hearing/vision impairments, mobility concerns, size issues, ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, etc.). (Press Release: http://allearsnet.com/pr12.htm)

As part of our research, we've put together a survey to find out how well (or not) Disney meets the special needs of its visitors.

It's a fairly lengthy survey, but if you have the time and inclination, we'd sure appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.

http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/16347/DisneyWorld.htm

As it says up front, you MUST answer every question or else you can't proceed to the next section. That means clicking N/A for every category or item that doesn't apply to you.

Anyhoo... if you can get a roundtuit, we'd really appreciate the input!

Thanks in advance!

Deb Wills

--------------
Profile PM WEB
dizneluver9 Offline
Kelly D./KDizne/Dizneluver/NDA#5 <>

Disney Quotes, Disney CDs & Music, and Disabilities/Special

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 3:19 pm Quote

Welcome to the ECHO Deb.  Can't wait to read the book :)

--------------
Formerly a DS CM, RD CM, Operation Participant CM with on property child care provider and with in roomchild care provider (KNO)

Fiancé to the wonderful Tait B

NDA #5 to CJD, EHD, DAD, RSH, MNH, CT, QT, BT and CBT

Ck out DIZNELUVER'S WORLD
All Things Disney From KD'S Persperspective!

www.dizneluversworld.com

PAST TRIPS

DL
April 1971, when I was 9 months old ...yes 9 months old! :D

WDW
Too many  to count and/or to mention all of them....:D

DCL
Wonder - October 2003
Dream - Feb/March 2011 aka WDW RADIO CRUISE 1.0

NEXT TRIP

Summer 2013
DCL Wonder to Alaska with my sweetie for my HONEYMOON!!!! :D
Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 7:05 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, Deb!

Welcome to the Disney Echo, Deb! I've appreciated how for many years -- since Aug. 12, 2001 -- you allowed me to repost articles from AllEarsNet after asking permission to do so, and I did that along with a disclaimer pointing to your website as well as using the "All Ears" log-in on what is now the Vault: Disney Echo archives to do so in order not to confuse folks about the original source for the material. This was a big help to the Disney Echo, especially in years past when we were still getting established. And even today we very often provide links to Disney information on AllEarsNet. So, even though you literally just joined us, you've had a presence here for many years now.
:bowdown:

And speaking for myself as well as Kelly D. /dizneluver9, the co-modEARator of this Dis-ABILITIES/Special Needs forum on the Disney Echo, please accept my offer to help in any way we can with your new PassPorter book (and I especially recommend Kelly's expertise in this). It would be great to get her input on this project because she is highly experienced in this matter and very willing to offer any advise whatsoever. And if you'd like someone to help proofread sections of the book before you go to press, I voluntEAR my services for free as well.
:bowdown:

Now, we have a tradition here for all recently-joined members who have written their first message on the Disney Echo -- and it gives me great pleasure, Deb, to now present to you your own pair of Disney EchoEars, along with my sincere appreciation for all you do for the Disney community and for joining us here as well:

A list of all Disney Echo discussions EchoEars might be interested in related to this:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 7:32 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, Disney EchoEars!

There is also more information about the new "Passporter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs" book written by Deb and Debra here in this previously-started Disney Echo discussion about the book: 2005 Passporter WDW Guidebook Special Needs. This newest PassPorter books is scheduled to come out in April 2005.
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Posted: Nov. 28, 2004, 2:45 pm Quote

I just took Deb's survey.  It's really quick.  My DD has severe food allergies and although this is an "invisible disability", it is a constant concern.  We have been to many Disney properties and they have been very helpful.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Nov. 28, 2004, 8:04 pm Quote

As Eileen said, it was quick. It took me about 5 minutes. Don't let the percentage completed bar at the bottom of the survey fool you. It goes from 11% to 97% real quickly. I'm sure it will give her some very useful information.

--------------
:waver:  :magic:
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012
DL trips: April '88, Oct. '91, June '95, Aug. '95
DCL trip: April '08
Five Parks, Four Worlds, One Dream, One Man :tinkflying:
VMK Name: Sanderella :ArielSparkle: Left to right: Barb, me and Bob

Here's wishing I was 1228.25 miles closer to "home."

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Nov. 29, 2004, 5:13 pm Quote

As a matter of fact, I filled it out today.  Wasn't long at all.
Profile PM
dizneluver9 Offline
Kelly D./KDizne/Dizneluver/NDA#5 <>

Disney Quotes, Disney CDs & Music, and Disabilities/Special

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Mar. 13, 2005, 11:22 pm Quote

Can't go into any details but just wanted to let everybody know that I am one of the peer reviewers for Passporter's new guidebook...WDW with Special Needs.  :) I'll let you know when the book comes to press :) TTFN

--------------
Formerly a DS CM, RD CM, Operation Participant CM with on property child care provider and with in roomchild care provider (KNO)

Fiancé to the wonderful Tait B

NDA #5 to CJD, EHD, DAD, RSH, MNH, CT, QT, BT and CBT

Ck out DIZNELUVER'S WORLD
All Things Disney From KD'S Persperspective!

www.dizneluversworld.com

PAST TRIPS

DL
April 1971, when I was 9 months old ...yes 9 months old! :D

WDW
Too many  to count and/or to mention all of them....:D

DCL
Wonder - October 2003
Dream - Feb/March 2011 aka WDW RADIO CRUISE 1.0

NEXT TRIP

Summer 2013
DCL Wonder to Alaska with my sweetie for my HONEYMOON!!!! :D
Profile PM WEB
60 replies since Sep. 28, 2004, 11:29 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Passporter WDW: Special Needs/Autism/Babies etc.
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement