Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Disney and Pixar animation & business forum, Welcome!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 25, 2006, 10:37 pm Quote

Welcome to the Disney Echo's Disney and Pixar Animation °o° Business forum, where animated movies & shorts from the Disney studios and Pixar are discussed -- as well as company business of interest to Disney EchoEars.

Click here to super-size this graphic

There certainly is a lot more to talk about and questions to think about since the Tuesday, January 25, 2006 announcement that The Walt Disney Company was acquiring Pixar in a $7.4 billion buyout -- and animated features from Walt Disney Feature Animation and Pixar are expected to benefit from this permanent teaming up of talented people from both studios. Many predict that good things will come to the entire Disney company, in all divisions, from this. So, there should be plenty of things to discuss in this forum!

By the way, this forum  (like all the other forums on the Disney Echo) is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or Pixar -- and those companies retain all rights to their copyrighted designs and trademarks. The great thing for EchoEars about this place is that because we are a fan-based website not run by Disney or Pixar, you are free to fully express your opinions here (as long as you continue to follow our common-sense Disney Echo rules) and you can share what you're thinking without having to toe the company line.

Among the topics discussed in this forum are company business dealings related to Disney and Pixar, animated movies and shorts created by the Disney and Pixar studios -- plus DVDs, videos, and digital downloads of them -- and changes to Disney theme parks and resorts to include more Pixar movie-based characters and settings.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Jan. 25, 2006, 10:55 pm Quote

I hope you like the forum graphic I put together, seen at the top of this topic. Be sure to click on it to really be able to see all the details in it, super-sized.
:smart:

I wanted to express how Mickey, representing all of the animated characters of the Disney company through the ages, was now permanently welcoming every Pixar animated character during this special 50th celebration year. Mickey is trying to help them feel right at home, by giving all of them gold mouse-eared hats. Buzz Lightyear's mouse-eared hat wouldn't fit under his space helmet and kept falling off its shiny top, so Woody helped him paste the ears directly onto the outside of the helmet.
:)

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Jan. 25, 2006, 11:00 pm Quote

Here are some fun questions related to this forum's graphic:

Can you list which of the Pixar movies are represented in it -- and the names of each character shown? Which full-length feature animations produced by Pixar are not represented?
:confused:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
disneyhottie0731 Offline
Kelly

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25, 2006, 11:30 pm Quote

Rich~ I love the graphic!

And trivia is my favorite!

I will try to answer the questions you asked......

Mr. Incredible from the Incredibles
Woody from Toy Story
Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
Heimlich from Bug's Life
and  Car from the new movie Cars

The missing movie is Finding Nemo.....apparently we have to go and find him again..... :p

Once Again Excellent job with the design!  I absolutely love it! :bowdown:

--------------
Kelly

Please stand clear of the doors
Por favor, mantenge se, allehado de las peurtas
Profile PM AOL YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Jan. 25, 2006, 11:52 pm Quote

Quote (disneyhottie0731 @ Jan. 25, 2006 22:30 am/pm)
The missing movie is Finding Nemo.....apparently we have to go and find him again..... :p

You got the joke! LOL I'm so happy you picked up on that!!! Note, "Monsters, Inc" was also originally not included... but I fixed that and reposted the graphic after your reply. We still need to know the name of the monster character now included (barely) in the picture!

Once Again Excellent job with the design!  I absolutely love it! :bowdown:

And thank you so much for your kind words. :blush: I couldn't have done it without the many thousands of animators at Disney and Pixar... all I basically did was rearrange their masterful work. :bowdown:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
4 replies since Jan. 25, 2006, 10:37 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Disney and Pixar animation & business forum
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement