Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments, At WDW's Ft.W since 6/14/1974< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
JEHI7278 Offline
Jim H

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24, 2005, 12:00 pm Quote

Quote (xmas2005 @ Sep. 24, 2005 09:44 am/pm)
Quote (JEHI7278 @ Sep. 24, 2005 08:58 am/pm)
When booking the Hoop Dee Doo Ruvue, and you have MYW + dining option, do you still need to pay for it up front, or at the time of the res., can you just use 2 sit down meals for each person in the party?  :uhoh:

:mickey:  :hungry: I made my res for xmas eve @ 5pm and was told that the seating chart isn't made til 4 days before the event.  A CM @ the 800# said that, actually a few told me that.

Also, I have the dining plan included and since I made a res for a holiday they don't take a credit card, but even if you have the dining plan they need a cc to guarantee the res. for any other time of the year that isn't a holiday.  Nothing is charged to it and no hold is put for that amount, it's like insurance for them...if you don't show up they then charge it. :D   So when you get there and you have the dining plan, you present that to them and you're charged from your dining plan 2 dinner services.

Hope this helps. :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

This does help very much, thank you!!!  :)

--------------

The Polynesian Village 11/1983 - 1st visit
Port Orleans Riverside - 2/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 2/07
Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside & Boardwalk - 11/07
Just The Two Of Us, SSR (Flower & Garden) - 5/08
10 Days At SSR For MNSSHP :ghost: / Food & Wine - 10/08
4 Days @ POR for Spring Break - 4/09
Old Key West & MNSSHP 9/09

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
xmas2005 Offline
Kim

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Sep. 24, 2005, 5:43 pm Quote

Quote (mamaloya @ Sep. 24, 2005 11:23 am/pm)
How much do they charge if you don't have +dining?  We don't have +dining right now, but will probably add it soon.  I booked our site at FW so that we had it no matter what, but plan on getting the plus dining.  We are going in Feb so want to make or ps now.  I don't know when we will switch to the plus dining, but need to get the ps.  How will that work?  If they put a hold on our card now because we don't have +dining, but we have it when we go, do they refund that amt?  I know I am a mess.  

The reason I have not made the ps yet is because our plans are for Mardi Gras break so that ds14 can fly in from NO to meet us at WDW.  He may not get that break due to Katrina.  If he can't come we may move it to jan for smaller crowds.  Also, if we don't move it to jan, but keep feb, can we drop him from the package w/o a penalty?

:hungry:

I think the tickets are $54 and change right now for adults.  It went up! :angry: Anyway, unless you are making the res for a major holiday you will need a cc to guarantee the res.  I just posted something regarding the Hoop res. policies.  When you show up, tell them its on the dining plan...and tell them when making the res you are getting the dining plan...just to make it known. :mickey:  :minnie:

Nothing will be charged to your cc or held......the only time it is charged is if you do not show up and forget to cancel...then you will get a nice bill from the dinner/show that was missed.

CRT does charge $10pp, I think it's that much, to hold a spot.

--------------

Aug. '95 - Wilderness Lodge - Aug.17-24
Aug. '96 - Wilderness Lodge - Aug.18-23

Jan.  '03 - All Star Movies     - Jan.7-11
Toy Story-Buzz LightYear Bldg.

Dec. '05 - All Star Sports      - Dec.23-27
1st WDW Christmas Vacation @ All Star Sports Resort!

Dec. '07 All Star Movies        -Dec.23-29
2nd WDW Christmas Vacation @ All Star Movies!
Toy Story-Buzz LightYear Bldg.

Aug. '09 Caribbean Beach Resort  -Aug 23-27
1st experience @ CBR - Pirate Room-South Trinadad

Jan. '11 Carribean Beach Resort - Jan 01-05
Regular Nemo Room-Jamacia Bldg.#44

May '12 Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise - May 20-24
1st experience on Disney CruiseLine
May 20, 2012 - May 24,2012
Profile PM
mamaloya Offline
Sandra Loya

Posted: Sep. 24, 2005, 11:00 pm Quote

Oh, thank you so much for the info.  Gee, I love this place.

--------------
Sandra / mamaloya
6 disney kids, dd21, ds18, dd13, ds9, dd8, and dd6
1 Disney granddaughter 6/19/2008

'77 First trip to WDW
'82, '85, '88, '89, '97, '98, 2000 off site
2004 Ft. Wilderness in a tent
2006 Ft. Wilderness in new popup
2006 First trip for MVMCP at Ft. Wilderness
2008 Ft. Wilderness in new TT

2010 Ft. Wilderness in a tent again
Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
JEHI7278 Offline
Jim H

Posted: Sep. 25, 2005, 9:45 am Quote

I booked my res. in Feb. yesterday, and they had openings. I had to use my CC (credit card) to reserve the seating, but nothing would be charged to it unless I am a "no show" then night of the event. Then I will be charged the full amt. Disney requires a 48 hour noticification for cancellation.

--------------

Profile PM
mamaloya Offline
Sandra Loya

Posted: Sep. 25, 2005, 4:43 pm Quote

Wow, thanks for the info, glad to know that I am not too late to get seats.  Of course there are 7 of us.

--------------
Sandra / mamaloya

'77 First trip to WDW

Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
JEHI7278 Offline
Jim H

Posted: Sep. 25, 2005, 8:52 pm Quote

You can book the Hoop Dee Doo Revue 2 years in advance. It looks as though you are going to be at WDW around the same time as us. I would book it as soon as you can, though. 7 in your party should be no problem, and you can specify seating on the main floor, or any other special request. The sooner the better.  :)

--------------

Profile PM
fran98765 Offline
Fran

Posted: Sep. 27, 2005, 3:03 pm Quote

Just a thought for those using the dining plan, you may wish to pay out of pocket for HoopDeDoo instead.  It's $55/person and uses 2 table services.  For 2 adult meals elsewhere it is valued at over $55.  Also, by doing it this way you get an extra table meal somewhere else in your vacation.  Make sure you do all calculations for your meals and see if it is better for you or not.  We have a late departing plane, so we will need extra meals on our last day, so this gives us the meals we will need, otherwise we'd be paying out of pocket for regular meals, and they would probably be over $55.

--------------

1977 Offsite - New Year's Eve! / 1993 Offsite / 2000 Port Orleans and Disney Magic Honeymoon / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 Wilderness Lodge / 2006 Autumn Pop Century / 2007 Sept Pop Century / 2008 June All Star Music & Wilderness Lodge / 2008 Sept Pop Century!

See our family's Disney trip pictorials, trip reports and scrapbook pages!! .|. My Scrapping Blog
Profile PM WEB
momof3mouseketeers Offline
Natalie

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Mar. 16, 2006, 6:52 pm Quote

I am a mother of three and my husband and I are planning our first trip to Disney World and Fort Wilderness.  

We have decided on the HDDR....  sooooo  what is exactly is "priority seating"?  Is it a reservation?  Is it a shot at the better seats?  How do I get the best seats for my kids to watch the show?  Any suggestions or hints?

--------------

Natalie / momof3mouseketeers
Profile PM
JPG Offline
Patrick

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 17, 2006, 3:33 am Quote

Natalie,

Welcome to the ECHO !!!   :wave:

We have ressies for the HDDR. If you are planning on going, definately make your ressies asap. They are a definate reservation for a particular show time. You have to pay up front with a credit card. You do not pick your seats, but the sooner you make your reservations, the better seats you are assigned.

Good luck with the planning !!!!!   :cowboy:

--------------
Pat

FW-WDW August 2006
FW-WDW August 2007
FW-WDW July/August 2008
POP Century-WDW November 2008
FW-WDW June 2009
Profile PM
mamaloya Offline
Sandra Loya

Posted: Mar. 19, 2006, 8:36 pm Quote

We just got back and did the hddr.  IT WAS AWESOME!  I am so glad we did it.  To the person asking about little ones.  Our 2.5yo was absolutely enthralled.  We were one row away from the stage.  The asked ds5 to be in the davy crockett thing the texas ranger I believe, but he was too shy.  One of the actors came up to dd2.5 and interacted with her.  Six bits came up to ds14 and made fun of his Indiana Jones hat.  He pushed up the front brim and told him he looked like Norton.  ds14 said "who".  Six bits said "these kids are missing everything huh".  

Oh, and Rich and Carol, since we were there Mardi Gras week, half the audience was from NOLA.  The actors made a big deal about it.  One comment was "they came from New Orleans, they came to eat our beans".

I had such a blast.  I laughed so hard that I could hardly breathe.  My ds6's favorite part was the hoky poky where six bits puts his "backside out".  They were acting that out for us for days.  They also sang "hoop dee doing it" all the way home.

One thing about the ressies.  The earlier you make them, the better your seats.  Big groups won't be assigned to the front row though because they are small tables.  I definitely recommend ressies as well because they sell out.  While I was picking up our tickets a lady was there trying to get a seat for anytime in the next week and could not.  If you really want to go, get a ressie as soon as possible, or you may be disappointed.

I definitely recommend it.

--------------
Sandra / mamaloya

'77 First trip to WDW

Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
87 replies since June 02, 2004, 11:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement