Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments, At WDW's Ft.W since 6/14/1974< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tinkssister Offline
Patti

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31, 2005, 9:39 am Quote

Can anyone tell me what times this show plays in June?  I looked on the Disney site but they don't tell you what times the shows are playing.

--------------
Going to WDW June 17th-21st...

First time for DH(42), Me(44), DD(13), SD(13) and DD(20)

Staying in a cabin at FW....So excited...Looking for advice, tips and information
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 8:22 am Quote

OK Ears-
I have been to the Hoop De Doo before, but it has been a while.  I was going to ask for input on reservations.  Do y'all ask for a certain location when you make your ADR or do you just leave it up to chance?  We have always been on the main floor about the middle of the room.  I wonder if it will do any good to request a special spot and if so.  Where do I request?  I'd love to hear your tips and theories.

--------------
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 9:38 am Quote

Your seating is determined at the time you make your reservations.    I think the only thing you specify is whether a member of your party cannot climb stairs so that you are placed on the ground floor as an accomodation.  Otherwise your seating is determined at the time you make your reservations.  You can ask for a special spot, sure, but you can be placed anywhere in the dining hall, including upstairs on the balcomies which the performers refer to as "the shelf".  Also, when you arrive at the venue does not determine where you are seated.  

However, if you are more than 15-minutes or so late, it's possible your seat will be given to someone on stand-by, so make sure to arrive earlier than later.  Remember:  Any Point A to any Point B at WDW will take 45-minutes one-way, due to distances in walking, distances of parking lots, crowdedness of Disney transportation, etc.  It's farther/longer-taking than you'd think, trust me!

The performers can go all over the dining area to do their thing, a few times they go upstairs.  Most of the places inside the dining hall have good sight lines.

If there is a VERY special ocassion, I would mention it at the time of reservations: Birthday, anniversary, honeymoon.  Those guests celebrating these are recognized during certain times of the performance.  Mention it when you arrive, and again to your server.

Ya-HOO!  Hoop dee doo!
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 11:38 am Quote

Oh yeah:  Come hungry, so plan in advance about earlier in the day meals and snacks!  An abundance of food!  Dessert is served as it's own place within the show and watching the rest of the show from that point can be distracting of finishing dessert, so heads up and do the best you can about finishing.

Anyone on a salt-restricted diet needs to know the fried chicken can seem to taste very salty, at least it did the last time I had it.

And you're allowed to tape record the show, by all means do so.  We were "on the shelf" (balcony) and had good view of the stage from up above to one side.  We never tire of watching our home video of this!

There is an opportunity outside to have a professional family portrait taken and during the show you are shown various sizes of printed photo and in magnets, keychains, etc.  You may reject these and you won't be charged for the photos, no obligation.  There are umpteen jillion opportunities to have a professional photo at WDW, at other dining venues and shows, character meetings and character meals and in front of signature buildings such as the Castle, Epcot, etc.  One or two of these are great as "bang for the buck" family memento souvenirs, but the photographers and opportunities are everywhere.  The point being if Pioneer Hall doesn't reach your heart as a good place to get such a photo, you can go for this elsewhere that reaches your heart much better.  No obligation.
Profile PM
Dale-not-Chip Offline
Dale

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 1:00 pm Quote

I made my reservation in January for a June date.  and was seated in the second row center.

--------------
Dale-not-Chip
[img]http://badge.facebook.com/badge....mg]

Email me

dalenotchip (at) bellsouth.net
Profile PM AOL MSN
4FantasmicFanatics Offline
Laurie & Jon Frampton

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 4:29 pm Quote

WOW, Dale-not-Chip!  That's good news for us!  We purchased our tickets in January for a September show!  That should put us pretty close to the action, I guess!  My first born will celebrating her 7th birthday there!  We are all so very excited - probably ME THE MOST!   :minnie:      

Have I mentioned that I just LOVE this site?  Tee-hee!   :coolgrin:

~Laurie

--------------
Laurie & Jon
Self Described Disney Fanatics

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 26, 2005, 5:52 pm Quote

Absolutely, mention birthdays when attending Hoop Dee Doo!

My dream, impossible to afford, is that we could have a birthday party for our son at Hoop Dee Doo, and invite his friends.  Too much for airfare, tickets, etc.  But it sure beats Chuck E. Cheese's as a venue!

DO come hungry, that is another strategy.  I mentioned it before.  But there is food galore!

Very young children:  Get them to take naps before hand.  Children LOVE this show!  Fond memory of our son, literally doubled over laughing at the jokes.  Earlier show times for young children the best strategy.
Profile PM
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: Aug. 28, 2005, 12:32 am Quote

OK thanks for all the info.  I got 5:00 PM seating on April 30th.  Can you believe it.  The 29th was already booked.  Since I don't see a lot of talk about this anymore, I thought it was losing popularity.  Evidently not.  I found out an interesting tidbit today while I was making ressies.  If you are on the dining plan, and you make reservations for this show.  Your credit card is just a guarentee, not charged.  Interesting huh.  It makes sense, but I was caught off guard by this.
Carol, I read your comment about doing your sons birthday party at Hoop De Doo.  Wen I was in MK in February I saw a big group of kids with a girls Bat Mitzvah T-shirts on.  All I could think was Wowee that is one heck of a lavish party.  Sure sweetie I'll take you and 20 of your nearest and dearest to Disney World to celebrate, basically turning 13.  I know it is a huge spiritual milestone, (I don't mean to make light of it) but Wow! How lucky is this little girl that her family can swing this elaborate and magical gift.  Can you imagine her wedding!!

--------------
Profile PM
MEsMommy Offline
Gretta

Posted: Aug. 28, 2005, 12:27 pm Quote

One last Hoop question I am tacking on.  Has anybody noticed if they have a kids menu here.  My nephew is pretty selective eater.  So I am hoping they have Mac & Cheese or French Fries or some really kid friendly option.

--------------
Profile PM
Julielizabet Offline
Julie

Posted: Aug. 28, 2005, 2:30 pm Quote

I remember many moons ago (probably 20 years ago now!;) when I was a little girl going to Hoop Dee Doo with my family. We sat up in the balcony, a table right near the "railing" and I remember not having any trouble seeing anything. So don't be nervous if you get a balcony seat. I'd imagine that oftentimes they're actually better for kids and shorties (I'm 5'0).

--------------
Julie

Snakes don't walk, they slither. -Hiss, Robin Hood
Profile PM
87 replies since June 02, 2004, 11:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement