Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments, At WDW's Ft.W since 6/14/1974< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 10, 2005, 8:01 pm Quote

...topic moved again to the Disney Dining & Priority Seating forum. :hungry:
:plane:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Disneygoddess19 Offline
Shannon

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 11, 2005, 10:13 pm Quote

I remember going to the Hoop De Doo and having buckets upon buckets of ribs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes..................
Man, now I'm hungry!

--------------

My VMK name is CPShan. I own the rooms Disney Ear Party, and the Secret Lagoon

"I would rather die tomorrow, than live a hundred years without knowing you" - John Smith
Profile PM
RocklandRVers Offline

Posted: Feb. 14, 2005, 2:34 pm Quote

I have never seen anyone take leftovers with them, but I am guessing they would not stop you. After all they keep bringing it to you until you say WHOA!  About the only thing I could imagine taking would be the ribs and fried chicken. The beans, corn and salad would be very messy as would the strawberry shortcake.

--------------
RocklandRVers
Profile PM
Terri01p Offline
Terri

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 16, 2005, 4:34 am Quote

Only reason I asked is because my daugther is in a wheelchair and wears a body brace and can't really eat good with it's on and since she only weights 52 pounds but is considered an adult , I hate to pay full price and not be able to take out at least two pieces of chicken back to the camper for her to eat when she gets undressed and really feels like eating. I wasn't really thinking of taking out a full meal , just a few piece of chicken.

--------------
Profile PM
RocklandRVers Offline

Posted: Feb. 18, 2005, 7:59 am Quote

I am sure if you asked your server, he or she would likely box up dinner for you under the circumstances.  Pioneer Hall is right next to Trail's End which has take out service so getting those foam food boxes shouldn't be a problem.  

I hope you enjoy the show as much as we did.  We have seen it 3 times and loved it each time.  LOL

--------------
RocklandRVers
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 18, 2005, 8:49 am Quote

I would recommend just taking a zip-lock bag (or a few, if you want to keep different food apart) in your purse/bag/fanny pack and discretely putting whatever leftovers into that rather than asking. The server wouldn't have to check with a supervisor, they might not have something for messy things like ribs, etc.

Besides, if you are going to an early show they try to get everyone out quickly so they can clean up and prepare for the following show -- so it might not be a good idea to ask about something like this at that time.

Hey, RocklandRVers -- what happened to the picture of your GEM electric car? :confused:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Terri01p Offline
Terri

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 18, 2005, 10:05 pm Quote

Well to tell you the truth, I think I'm not going to worry about carrying ziplock bags or foam trays, I think we will just go and she can eat what she can and just look at it as if I were just really paying for the show, after all it's not like I do this all the time, we have never been and I don't feel like worrying about how to get food out without looking stupid. It's not like it will be our last meal in life. Anyway I'm looking forward to it, and just want to enjoy it for what it is. Thanks    :hungry:

--------------
Profile PM
tinkssister Offline
Patti

Disney EchoEar

Posted: Mar. 29, 2005, 11:23 am Quote

Can anyone tell me if I need to make reservations for this show/dinner in advance?

--------------
Going to WDW June 17th-21st...

First time for DH(42), Me(44), DD(13), SD(13) and DD(20)

Staying in a cabin at FW....So excited...Looking for advice, tips and information
Profile PM
Goofy1060 Offline
Tom

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 29, 2005, 11:28 am Quote

We've always made reservations in advance and the place seems to get pretty full. I'd recommend reservations ASAP just to make sure you get the date/show you want.  Have a great time!

--------------
off property '87, '99
Dixie Landings Honeymoon '93
Polynesian w/2 toddlers '98
Ft. Wilderness '00, '03, '05, '07
DCL Eastern Caribbean 11/08/08

Profile PM
Dale-not-Chip Offline
Dale

Posted: Mar. 29, 2005, 3:58 pm Quote

Quote (Terri01p @ Feb. 16, 2005 04:34 am/pm)
Only reason I asked is because my daugther is in a wheelchair and wears a body brace and can't really eat good with it's on and since she only weights 52 pounds but is considered an adult , I hate to pay full price and not be able to take out at least two pieces of chicken back to the camper for her to eat when she gets undressed and really feels like eating. I wasn't really thinking of taking out a full meal , just a few piece of chicken.

I hope you are still reading these posts because I think this is very important.  

I feel you need to call Disney and ask about this.  this would definetly fall into the catagory of special Dietary needs

Q. Can my special dietary needs be accommodated at restaurants at the Walt Disney World® Resort?
A. Special dietary needs — including kosher, vegetarian and medically restricted diets — can be accommodated at most table-service restaurants. Request this service 24 hours in advance at (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)†.

They were right that you don't want to ask the serverat the time of dinner, but if you call ahead the right person will be asked ahead of time.

--------------
Dale-not-Chip
[img]http://badge.facebook.com/badge....mg]

Email me

dalenotchip (at) bellsouth.net
Profile PM AOL MSN
87 replies since June 02, 2004, 11:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement