Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Walt Disney, born December 5, 1901, Celebrate all things Walt in this topic!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 23, 2004, 7:39 pm Quote

Yoo Hoo, Disney EchoEars!

Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901.

UPDATE: There is now a Disney Echo forum for quotes, and you'll find two topics there for quotes by Walt Disney:

Here's today's Walt Disney quote, courtesy www.SaveDisney.com:

From the Great One himself.....

When I started on Disneyland, my wife used to say, 'But why do you want to build an amusement park? They're so dirty.' I told her that was just the point- mine wouldn't be.

- - Walt Disney

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 23, 2004, 7:44 pm Quote

I read this one in a biography I had recently read on Walt....No one really understood why he wanted to build DL

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
DaveykinsFoxFire Offline
David Foxfire

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 24, 2004, 12:30 am Quote

Quote (MKBaughan @ Jan. 23, 2004 18:44 am/pm)
I read this one in a biography I had recently read on Walt....No one really understood why he wanted to build DL

My guess.  It's the same answer to "Why do I make my own web comics?"  Answer?  "Because I can, that's why." :talktohand:

Of course, we need to make a 1940-1950s version of that answer.

--------------

David "David FoxFire" Gonterman of FoxFire Studios
http://foxfirestudios.net

Check out Johnny Briz, both here and there; my answer to Mickey Mouse!

Profile PM WEB ICQ AOL YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Nov. 02, 2004, 1:11 am Quote

Yoo Hoo, Disney EchoEars!

I just read this quote sent to me by SaveDisney.com and it struck me how Walt Disney's words are so fitting today, especially with the U.S. presidential election:

"Deeds rather than words express my concept of the part religion should play on everyday life."
--Walt Disney

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Posted: Nov. 02, 2004, 8:36 am Quote

I agree with Rich.... this is a powerful statement....and I also ditto the cry that was emailed to me!   ;)

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
polyfan4ever Offline
Charline

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator

Posted: Nov. 02, 2004, 11:07 am Quote

Rich,

I agree as well.  I just wish everyone would realize the impact of "helping one another".  It truly does make the world a better place not to mention a peaceful one as well.

We are very volunteer oriented in our home.  Our son has been involved since he was about 7 years old.  He began by tutoring other children in math and reading.  He has continued his volunteering throughout his school years and is now a senior in high school.  

We all need to get back to lending a hand to our brothers and sisters who need help.   A little bit goes a very long way.

:minnie:

--------------
Charline / polyfan4ever

Polynesian Resort forum co-modEARator
Magical Dreams & Wishes Travel
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Nov. 02, 2004, 12:22 pm Quote

Quote (Toti @ Sep. 03, 2004 20:50 am/pm)
I would like to ask in case anyone knows: to which political party did Walt belong? Does anybody know?

One of Walt Disney's heroes was Abraham Lincoln, a Republican and one of this country's greatest presidents. Like George W. Bush, he didn't want to have his country at war but knew it had to be done to save it.

Another of Walt's heros was Ronald Reagan, who went from being an actor to becoming Republican Governor of California ( sound familiar? ) and later to also be one of our country's greatest presidents.

Walt picked Ronald Reagan and fellow Republican Art Linkletter to co-host with him the opening of his beloved theme park, Disneyland.

Noticing a trend here? :) Well, here are more details I found here on the internet about Walt Disney's favorite political party and which party he belonged to:

Disney, Walter Elias (1901-1966)
-- also known as Walt Disney -- Born in Chicago, Cook County, Ill., December 5, 1901. Republican. Candidate for Presidential Elector for California, Producer or director of several hundred films from 1922 until the 1960s; creator and first voice of Mickey Mouse; founder of Disney entertainment company and of Disneyland, the world's first theme park; recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom on September 14, 1964. Died in Los Angeles, Los Angeles county, Calif.; December 15, 1966. Cremated; ashes interred at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, Calif.  

Thanks for asking that question, Toti! Looking for the answer brought me to that information which I hadn't seen before. I never knew that Walt Disney was  a candidate for Presidential Elector for California! If you hadn't asked, I probably never would have known.
:bowdown:

Here are some other things I found about Walt Disney:

Walt Disney made his first little nest egg as an 18-year-old ambulance driver in France in 1919, shortly after the Armistice. Together with a Southern con-man he transformed brand new German military headgear into 'sniper's helmets' by adding fake bullet holes, mud, blood and hair, to be sold as souvenirs.

For the New York City premiere of Pinocchio in 1940, Walt Disney hired eleven little people dressed as Pinocchio to frolic on the roof of the theater marquee. To accompany their lunches, the gang was given free beer, for which they were grateful to Disney.

Indeed, the group was so grateful, and got so drunk, that they stripped naked and sat on the marquee shooting craps.

The police arrived and climbed to the roof, then hauled the little ones away... in pillowcases.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Nov. 30, 2004, 7:22 pm Quote

Happy birthday, Walt Disney!
Happy birthday, Walt Disney!
Thanks for all the joy and entertainment you created for us!
Happy birthday, to you!

Thanks Walt, wherever you are!  And Happy Birthday, Walt!  And we miss you still!

:birthdaycake:  :happybirthday:  :birthdaycake:

Anyone wanting to wish Walt Disney a happy 103rd birthday (103 years after December 5, 1901, falls on Sunday in 2004) feel free to post here.  Or if you want to mourn his passing, the date of Walt Disney's death was December 15, 1966, in 2004 that's 38 years ago and falls on a Wednesday this year.

:birthdaycake:  :WaltDisney:  :WaltDisney2:  :WaltDisney3:  :birthdaycake:

This link takes you to The Walt Disney Family Museum on the official Disney company website.  Click on the homepage image to enter.  Once there, explore around and learn more about the real life man, Walt Disney, from his family and those he worked with.  A great way to learn more about and celebrate the life of a unique and creative individual and business leader, Walt Disney.

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/waltdisney/
Profile PM
Disneygoddess19 Offline
Shannon

Posted: Dec. 06, 2004, 9:41 pm Quote

Happy 103rd Birthday Walt! I don't know what the world would be like without you!

:happybirthday2:  :WaltDisney3:

--------------

My VMK name is CPShan. I own the rooms Disney Ear Party, and the Secret Lagoon

"I would rather die tomorrow, than live a hundred years without knowing you" - John Smith
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Dec. 03, 2005, 6:40 pm Quote

Happy birthday to Walt Disney, born December 5, 1901.  Monday, December 5, 2005 would be Walt's 104th birthday.

Many thanks, Walt, and happy day where ever you are. :birthdaycake:  :pixiedust:  :birthdaycake:  :pixiedust:  :birthdaycake:  :pixiedust:  :birthdaycake:  :pixiedust:  :birthdaycake:  :pixiedust:  :birthdaycake:

Website on Disney's official site devoted to the history and biography of the founder of the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney:

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html

A good way to celebrate, indeed!

Teachers and parents: Note appropriate resources for acquainting children with this noteworthy American.

Shoppers:  Notice there are merchandise links!  (We own the DVD and book of "Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Myth" and either one is worth it, worth it, worth it!;)

Walt died of lung cancer December 15, 1966, at the age of 66.  He'd been diagnosed with the disease and with a terminal outcome on November 7, 1966.

But he kept working and caring about movie and other projects to the end.  Walt Disney is missed, is remembered fondly and with honor.

Many thanks to Walt Disney!
Profile PM
65 replies since Jan. 23, 2004, 7:39 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Walt Disney, born December 5, 1901
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement