Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Special order mini wedding cakes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 1:18 pm Quote

Oh gosh!  I can feel the hips widening just looking at that! That's a LOT of icing between the layers!  But it's chocolate icing, so that's OK. ;)  If it could be dark chocolate, they say that's good for you now.... ;)

Be on the lookout for those shows on Food Network.  On the "Unwrapped Special" the wedding cake segment is at the end of the show, they show you how they make these cakes and stamp the images on there.  Very interesting, worth saving the whole show to view it again and again.  The other show on Food Network was about "Disney Weddings" in general.
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
SueDee Offline
Susan

Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 4:09 pm Quote

Isn't that beautiful?  I want to order one!  

I have seen that Disney Unwrapped show on Food Network a couple of times.  A lot of work goes into making those cakes!  They showed a lady embossing a cake all over with those little gold or silver Mickeys, and another lady handpainting flowers on a cake.  They really are works of art.  Just have to take lots of pictures to remember it by before it gets devoured!   :hungry:  :)

--------------

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

Feb. 07: Visited Mickey!
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 5:01 pm Quote

Oh my... and I have to wait 'til December for this?!?!? LOL
I cannot wait!

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
eas423 Offline
Beth, Poly princess ;)

Posted: Nov. 09, 2005, 3:51 pm Quote

Dawn, did you go through concierge or do you have the number for the GF bakery?  We are eating at Narcoosee's on our anniversary and I wanted to order one!

Would I be better off to call the restaurant or the bakery?

--------------

Beth °o°
VMK - Cindabell

Past WDW trips:
'83 - Contemporary
'99 - Grad Night, offsite
'03 - Day trip MK
'04 - Day trip MK
'05  - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
'06 - Poly/Saratoga Springs

The family Christmas trip has been postponed for a few years...but there's a baby on the way!!!

Profile PM WEB
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Nov. 09, 2005, 8:38 pm Quote

Hi Beth! We are actually having 1 our first night at the GF (ordered through their bakery)- we are having a private party there & then I have one ordered through the AKL CL upon our arrival there on 12/8. :) I am SO excited! :)

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
eas423 Offline
Beth, Poly princess ;)

Posted: Nov. 09, 2005, 11:22 pm Quote

Oh that sounds so fun!! Can I ask what you choose to order?  Flavors, etc?  I'm planning for Dec 14...how much advanced notice do they need?

--------------

Beth °o°
VMK - Cindabell

Past WDW trips:
'83 - Contemporary
'03 - Day trip MK
'04 - Day trip MK

The family Christmas trip has been postponed for a few years...but there's a baby on the way!!!

Profile PM WEB
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Feb. 10, 2006, 11:58 am Quote

I just wanted to give a little update on this.  From what I understand, the GF has now given their recipes to other resorts so that their bakeries can make the mini cakes as well.  Apparently they were having a hard time keeping up with demand and felt like it was a bit of an inconvenience for guests to have to come there to pick up the cake (unless the guest was staying concierge as was previously mentioned on this thread).  If you are staying or dining at the GF, their bakery will still be the one making the cake.  However, they feel that the other bakeries are just as capable of making delicious delicacies for guest as well.  This does make some sense, since the resorts already do their own catering services for weddings and other events.  That way they don’t have to deal with guest pick-up.  Just an FYI. :)

Back in 2004 we had the GF bakery make a mini replica of our wedding cake to celebrate our 1st anniversary.  It was wonderful!  I believe the replica was $80 since we chose the two-tiered version.  We arranged it directly through the GF bakery.  I would imagine that they would be able to tell you which resort would handle making your cake (since, for example, the YC and BC share catering facilities).  Here’s a picture of the replica (the cake was white cake with Bavarian cream filling and fresh raspberries.

Here’s what the real cake looked like (sorry it’s not the best picture):

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 10, 2006, 12:35 pm Quote

Thanks so much for the update, Elisabeth! That is good news. And those cakes look good enough to... eat. Um, oh yeah, that's the idea.
:hungry:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
YesGrumpy Offline
Denise

Newbie Disney EchoEar

Posted: Feb. 10, 2006, 2:48 pm Quote

Okay, wow, the cake is beautiful, but I have a question that is probably near impossible.  Do you think there would be any way to get a cake to Port Canaveral for a Disney cruise?  What do you think it would take (other than hiring a limo driver to pick it up and bring it over - which is a thought)?

Thanks. :hearts:
Profile PM
eas423 Offline
Beth, Poly princess ;)

Posted: Feb. 12, 2006, 1:07 am Quote

I'm thinking Disney cruise kitchen could produce a wedding cake...make some calls direct to Disney cruise line, try to talk to someone involved with onboard wedding planning...

--------------

Beth °o°
VMK - Cindabell

Past WDW trips:
'83 - Contemporary
'03 - Day trip MK
'04 - Day trip MK

Profile PM WEB
20 replies since Aug. 02, 2005, 4:55 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Special order mini wedding cakes
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement