Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Special order mini wedding cakes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 02, 2005, 4:55 pm Quote

Now, I am not staying in the GF or on conceirge, but would like to order one. LOL

Would we have to have the mini wedding cake while dining in GF or can we have dinner at 'Ohana and have it delivered there?

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Aug. 02, 2005, 5:27 pm Quote

Someone here discussed this. I believe you have to pick it up but I am not sure. I will see if I can find the location of this topic unless someone out there is reading this and can better help you. I'll start exploring. Food and Disney; what more can you ask for? :birthdaycake:  :mickey:

--------------
:waver:  :magic:
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012
DL trips: April '88, Oct. '91, June '95, Aug. '95
DCL trip: April '08
Five Parks, Four Worlds, One Dream, One Man :tinkflying:
VMK Name: Sanderella :ArielSparkle: Left to right: Barb, me and Bob

Here's wishing I was 1228.25 miles closer to "home."

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
SueDee Offline
Susan

Posted: Aug. 02, 2005, 5:53 pm Quote

That was discussed in the thread started by Seaspray in the Polynesian forum.  It's titled "My review and pictures of the Polynesian LVC" or something like that.  I remembered because I thought having the cake brought to the table was a cool thing to do.  I'd be interested in knowing about picking up a cake or having it delivered to a restaurant, etc.  If you find out any more information, Dawn, please post it!

--------------

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney

Feb. 07: Visited Mickey!
Profile PM
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Aug. 02, 2005, 6:07 pm Quote

Good memory Susan!

--------------
:waver:  :magic:
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012
DL trips: April '88, Oct. '91, June '95, Aug. '95
DCL trip: April '08
Five Parks, Four Worlds, One Dream, One Man :tinkflying:
VMK Name: Sanderella :ArielSparkle: Left to right: Barb, me and Bob

Here's wishing I was 1228.25 miles closer to "home."

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Aug. 02, 2005, 9:03 pm Quote

Great memory! I called the Poly to be sure~ the CM I spoke with said I can order a special occassion cake, but could assure me it would be the mini wedding cake. So... I dunno if I should just go ahead and have dinner in 1900 Park Faire instead of 'Ohana's? We will be a big grou pof 16 and figured it would be easier to manage at 'Ohana's then 1900

--------------

BWI CL September 2007

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

Profile PM WEB
eas423 Offline
Beth, Poly princess ;)

Posted: Aug. 04, 2005, 11:17 pm Quote

I'm loving this idea...so let's talk about it a little more.. :D

I know someone recently posted great pics of their mini cake with the gold mickey heads...but let's back up.  Who do you call?  Are there other choices? How much do they cost?

DH and I won't be in WDW on a special day for us, but it would still be nice to celebrate the anniversary early! Is that cheesy?  :sniffle:

--------------

Beth °o°
VMK - Cindabell

Past WDW trips:
'83 - Contemporary
'99 - Grad Night, offsite
'03 - Day trip MK
'04 - Day trip MK
'05  - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
'06 - Poly/Saratoga Springs

The family Christmas trip has been postponed for a few years...but there's a baby on the way!!!

Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 7:48 am Quote

On that "Disney Weddings" show that was on TV Food Network last year, I got the impression for special orders like this they wanted you to go through the Disney Weddings office, found next to that special chapel they built near the Grand Floridian Resort.  They have on display mock-ups of what the wedding cakes look like.  Try that, never hurts to call and inquire and maybe that office can refer you on where to call.  The mini-cakes are intended to serve at receptions, but they'd probably bake a smaller number for a wedding anniversary at a dinner.  Disney can serve guests in a lot of ways, but be prepared you might be asked to pay  :dollar:  :dollar:  :dollar: for the materials and labor costs involved.  Those cakes, if you saw the "Disney Weddings" or "Unwrapped Special:  Walt Disney World" shows on Food Network, are very labor intensive to make and decorate, they look breathtaking, but you do pay for that level very much.  For a special anniversary it's worth the cost, I know.  So just try contacting the Disney Weddings people and ask if that is the place to coordinate that kind of thing, or for a referral phone number.

Good luck!   :chew:  :hungry:  :birthdaycake:
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 11:14 am Quote

It isn't cheesey Beth! LOL

Carol- I want to say it costs somewere around $40. Unless you stay conceirge they won't deliever the cake to anyway but within the GF- but you can pick it up at the GF Bakery.

--------------

BWI CL September 2007

Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 12:27 pm Quote

About celebrating special ocassions at Disney but it's not on the exact date of the special ocassion:  It's not "cheesy" at all.  Our niece's (she's a college senior now) real birthday is in early March, and they live in a suburb of New York City.  The original birth date had a blizzard going on at the time!  That month in that part of the country usually is chilly, not good weather.  So the family celebrates within the family, and parties are held later in the spring when the weather is better.  Our son was born in early January but within what turned out to be a holiday break from school in a wet and rainy month when a lot of colds and upper respiratory infections, Cub Scout Pinewood Derby and sports practices are going on among the peer-agers.  We celebrated his 9th birthday in March, and people understood, and a great time was had by all and nobody thought anything of it.

No one asks to check a birth certificate or marriage license at Disney World or Disneyland when you ask for something special.  Ethically I suppose one shouldn't go too "overboard" with asking for freebies but there is no "police" checking the guests to determine if they are taking advantage of Disney or not.  We have celebrated birthdays or our wedding anniversary within a month or two +/- of a real life date, but if it's farther away than that kind of interval we generally don't bother mentioning it to Cast Members or other reservationists.

So it's up to you!  Some Disney restaurants already have freebie cakes and treats in the wings for birthdays and anniversaries and they issue a certificate certifying this as a Magical Moment for the family.  If you want to jazz things up more than that, contact Disney or the restaurant, or Fairy Tale Weddings, Guest Services, etc. and ask to work with them to create something memorable.  If a family or couple travel to Disney rarely but want to celebrate while they are there, it's up to them what to do or not. :)
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Aug. 05, 2005, 1:03 pm Quote

I've moved this to the Disney Weddings, Honeymoons & Anniversaries forum even though it is about Disney food as well (so the original topic can also be found there, as a link to the topic here).

This is what Terry / SeaSpray posted in the Polynesian Resort forum about the mini wedding cake (or should that be Minnie wedding cake??? ) which she pre-ordered a few months in advance . . . the complete post can be found by clicking here

Terry wrote:

Anyone can order a cake from the Grand Floridian bakery! :)  I believe they will deliver it for you at one of their restaurants.  But if you want to take it off the grounds of the Grand Floridian, you have to pick it up yourself, unless you are staying as a concierge guest, in which case they were able to pick it for me from the Grand Floridian, and deliver it to our table at 'Ohana.  But I want to add that if we weren't staying right next door to the Grand Floridian, I am not sure if the concierge at any other resort would be able to get to there to pick it up.  They might!  But I don't want to say for certain.  I know that the Boardwalk Bakery also makes wonderful wedding cakes, so if someone were to stay in a resort near there, they might want to order it from the Boardwalk Bakery, as opposed to the Grand Floridian bakery.  

I hope this helps :)

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
20 replies since Aug. 02, 2005, 4:55 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Special order mini wedding cakes
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement