Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Our 7th Wedding anniversary in WDW< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: July 14, 2005, 10:50 am Quote

Ok, we'll technically be leaving the day before- but we are going to be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary on 12/12/05~ but we'll be in WDW the prior week. I had planned on a simplere hitching in the GG but that is out now. :(
Any suggestions?
Our DD's and My Mom will be there... and some friends... we are going to MVMCP on 12/6....

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:38 pm Quote

We've celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Castle.  Tell them when you make your priority seating, tell them when you arrive for your reservations, and tell your server.  We ended up being seated overlooking the carousel in Fantasyland and got champagne flutes for free, although no champagne since none is served at Magic Kingdom.  They strew glitter on the table cloth for us, it was VERY nice, and we got a certificate that it was a genuine Magic Moment.

You can go through Disney Weddings if you want to plan something particularly special, just you and dear husband, but of course expect to pay for that.

Generally when you dine out mention, mention, mention it's for a wedding anniversary, same as to mention it for birthdays.  Mention it when you arrive to be seated.  Mention it to the server.  See if Guest Services at each theme park gives guests a sticker to wear about it being a wedding anniversary (they do this for birthday folks), the worst they can say is "Sorry, no", but it just never hurts to ask.

See if you can eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, and mention to them it's a wedding anniversary.  I will warn you it's not calm, serene or romantic in there!  It's loud, it's boisterous, and if you have zero sense of humor or if you cannot laugh at yourself at all you'd be miserable in there, so know that before you book dining in there.  If you pine for the now gone Rehitching Ceremony at The Land in Epcot, I DON'T know if dining at the Whispering Canyon would replace that yearning in your heart, but I can guarantee you whatever the server staff comes up with to commemorate your anniversary has a good chance of being funny and done in front of everyone else who's dining.  If you've never dined in there, reports about it abound on Disney sites around the Internet and were shown on either Travel Channel or Food Network recently, I forget which.  No characters.  But the wait staff is insane, it's raucous in there, the food is great, and woe be to you if you order Pepsi.  Order extra ketchup, though.  Children should request certain colors of crayons, or more crayons.  'Nuff said.

At both Hoop Dee Doo Revue and the Spirit of Aloha dinners hows a segment of both do honor birthdays, newlyweds, and wedding anniversaries.  Between the two go to Hoop.  We didn't care for the luau at all, but maybe that's just us with varying mileage, but we'd go to Hoop again and again and again if we could.  It's like a vaudeville show that is hilarious, musical, and interactive.  You can have a photo taken of yourself before you enter and have that as a memento.  You are assigned your seating at the time you book, the earlier you book the better your seating, but you cannot pick and choose when you book, but you can put in a request, try for the ground floor instead of the balcony and mention it's for a wedding anniversary family celebration.  Our son, if your children will be in tow, had his sides splitting from laughing so much at the show.  Downside is it's expensive, since it's a dinner show, and it looks like you've got a packed vacation as it is.

Something cheap to do is to visit Cinderella's wishing well, it's to the front right of the Castle and is like a little nook with a wishing well and a view of the Castle.  Toss in a few coins and make a wish, and have someone snap your photo there to keep the memory.  Or have a professional photo taken of you and hubby in front of the Castle.  The time of year you'll be there the street decorations will be up for Christmas, a nice photo!

There is a glass maker on Main Street, see if they have a glass or crystal Castle you can buy as a souvenir.  Or visit a silhouette artist on either Main Street or Liberty Square at MK, and both you and husband sit for this.  It's an amazing highly skilled art form these artists do, of cutting paper portraits of people or children and it's not expensive at all, and it's very quaint.  

These are just a few ideas.  Anything done on the property or behind the turnstyles would be a great way to celebrate a wedding anniversary, after all how often would you get down to WDW at all, let alone for a special ocassion?  It just depends on how all out you want to do it (in which case you pay more, particularly to Disney Weddings to coordinate it for you if you went that route) or to just be sweet and smoochy in some restaurant.  You can arrange for flowers to be there in your room when you arrive, to have room service, or his and her spa treatments at Grand Floridian or Swan and Dolphin or Saratoga Springs.  It's whatever you want to do. :)

Happy planning!
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: July 14, 2005, 3:33 pm Quote

Thanks so much Carol!
What GREAT ideas! I love the castle idea... :hearts:

I was also thinking of ordering a small wedding cake and having it served while we are at dinner with the girls and my mom at 1900 Park Faire. Cindy & Prince Charming were our cake toppers when were were married  :love: Now we can take a picture with them and have Mickey on top! :love:

--------------

BWI CL September 2007

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

Profile PM WEB
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: July 19, 2005, 4:17 pm Quote

Dawn, the Grand Floridian bakery makes all the cakes for Disney weddings.  They are truly excellent, and if you have a picture of your wedding cake, they could make a replica for you and deliver it to a restaurant at the Grand Floridian.  Of course, you could have them design a new cake as well.  Also, they have really neat white chocolate slipper desserts that are gorgeous.  

Also, if you don’t mind attention, you could purchase the bride/groom Mickey and Minnie ears to wear around the parks.  You could even have “Happy Anniversary” painted on the ears (I think they might do that at the Disney Days of Christmas store at Downtown Disney, but I’m not positive).

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: July 19, 2005, 5:59 pm Quote

Also, if you don’t mind attention, you could purchase the bride/groom Mickey and Minnie ears to wear around the parks.  You could even have “Happy Anniversary” painted on the ears

Whereas I'd do it in a heartbeat- Mike would  :p
I'll probably buy them and keep them as a keepsake though- Thanks for the great idea!
I also didn't realize they could customize the cake- ours was pretty boring- white icing in a basketweave. We kad fresh red roses on it as well as Cinderella & Prince Charming. I just LOVED it. :)

--------------

BWI CL September 2007

Profile PM WEB
4 replies since July 14, 2005, 10:50 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Our 7th Wedding anniversary in WDW
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement