Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Recaps of my Disney World Wedding (Dec. 13, 2003)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Nov. 23, 2004, 8:01 am Quote

Hi Kelly!

According to the etiquette books I have read, you are not responsible for paying for your guests to come to your wedding.  The only thing we paid for in terms of accomodations was a room for our bridesmaids and groomsmen the night before the wedding.  We actually did a sleepover type thing where we had two rooms for the girls at the Grand Floridian and two rooms for the guys at Caribbean Beach.

We had to save and save for our Disney wedding, but it was totally worth it.  If your budget is tight, I know that the Swan also does weddings, and theirs have lower price minimums than Disney's.

Hope this helps!

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
ladymarganne Offline
Maggie

ModEARator emEARitus

Posted: Nov. 26, 2004, 1:52 pm Quote

Elisabeth you're wedding report and photos are fantastic! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading/looking at them. Your video is fantastic! You are a beautiful bride and I wish you 2 all the best. Your gown is gorgeous and I love everything that you did. We wanted to get married in WDW over 20 years ago, but they wouldn't allow it so we did an unoffical vow renewal at the Boardwalk last June, and there's nothing like it....it's just sooooo magical and feel like you're walking on cloud 9. We did the Illuminations cruise afterwards and I have to laugh when I look at your tennis shoes. That's the only thing I didn't think through and almost wore my heels from the Boardwalk to the boat until my friend mentioned that I might want to change my shoes! Soooo, here I go putting on my old tennis shoes with my beautiful gown, walking around the Boardwalk proper,  and just having the time of my life! Oh! Something cute here...I have the same gown your maid of honor wore! here it is...
http://www.ladymarganne.com/ol_003.htm

--------------
Maggie / ladymarganne
modEARator emEARitus

http://www.ladymarganne.com/florida_001.htm
If you're looking to buy your dream home in Florida ... check it out! I've been a licensed real estate agent in Florida for over 25 years and love Orlando homes!
Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 8:26 pm Quote

Thank you so much, Maggie!  We truly had a wonderful time too.  Having our wedding at Disney was the best decision we could have made.  We hope to have a vow renewal there someday too (maybe for our 10th).  My mom's friend actually had those tennis shoes painted for me.  They had Mickey heads on the toes, wedding bells on the heels, and around the top it said "Elisabeth & Colin's Fairy Tale Wedding, December 13, 2003."  I loved them!  I had "real" shoes for my ceremony, then I changed into those.  Looking back, I should've just worn the tennis shoes the whole time.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ladymarganne Offline
Maggie

ModEARator emEARitus

Posted: Nov. 27, 2004, 9:23 pm Quote

What a great idea for your tennis shoes! Mine were a little *old & worn*! My dress shoes were gold with a Mickeyhead on each toe done in pearls. But, it is the most magical feeling in the world, isn't it? I wish we could afford to do it every year! Our next idea is to have a *party* for our 25th, but this time without the ceremoney. We're hoping to have Mickey and Minnie and maybe a ride in Cinderella's coach. We couldn't afford it this time but figure it still gives us something different to look forward to in 5 years. I hope you can have a vow renewal as they're as much fun if not more so because you're a little less nervous and a lot more relaxed! And, I'm still looking at your beautiful photos! The video is awesome!

--------------
Maggie / ladymarganne
modEARator emEARitus

http://www.ladymarganne.com/florida_001.htm
If you're looking to buy your dream home in Florida ... check it out! I've been a licensed real estate agent in Florida for over 25 years and love Orlando homes!
Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Posted: Nov. 30, 2004, 3:40 pm Quote

I'm  :cry: watching :cry: the :cry: video now :cry: .

I haven't :cry: even gotten :cry: to the ceremony :cry: yet :cry:

sniff sniff.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.  I started loosing it when Grandma started talking :cry:
Profile PM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Posted: Nov. 30, 2004, 4:49 pm Quote

:cry:
Stunning........  Absolutely Stunning.
Profile PM
Liv2CdWorld Offline
Beth

ModEARator emEARitus

Posted: Nov. 30, 2004, 5:10 pm Quote

Just an additional note:  We were there the same time you were!!  We arrived on Dec. 12 and left on Dec. 21st.

Actually, I think we were stuck at the WL on the 13th with a sick child  :uhoh:
Profile PM
TINY Offline
Eileen

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 30, 2004, 5:50 pm Quote

Thank you for sharing your special day with us.  Your pictures are beautiful and your report made me cry.  All of my kids say that they are getting married at WDW.

--------------

Dixi Landings 1994
Polynesian 1997
Polynesian 1998
Polynesian1999
Polynesian2001
Polynesian2002
Polynesian 2003
Polynesian 2004
Polynesian 2006
Polynesian 2007
Polynesian 2009
Profile PM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Dec. 05, 2004, 10:22 pm Quote

Thank you all so much for your compliments!  You are all too sweet!

We would love to have a vow renewal.  I think it would be so magical to have a stress-free renewal.  That's part of what makes them so nice--none of the wedding drama/stress.  We could do things without having to follow quite so many "wedding etiquette rules."  Perhaps we'll get a chance for our 10th.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
Princess DD Offline
DAnnette

Newbie Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 07, 2005, 7:33 pm Quote

Thank you for sharing your beautiful day. Your story was lovely, your photos fabulous and your video....spectacular!! A few years ago while staying at the Poly, my husband and I walked over to the Wedding Pavillion early one moring and took some photos, we were able to get into the pavillion because the cleaning crew was there and the doors were open. I have always wanted to see what w weding would look like... and now thanks you and your husbandI have. Thank you for that. I recently sent off for information on Vow Renewal packages in hope that we can do that in 3 years for our 20th Anny. Fingers crossed!!
Congratulations, Best Wished and Good Luck!!
Thank you, again, for sharing you wonderful day!! :D  :D
Profile PM
23 replies since Nov. 21, 2004, 10:11 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Recaps of my Disney World Wedding (Dec. 13, 2003)
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement